IGNORED

2600 bluetooth gamepad

Darien

not necissarily. sega has different vcc pin compared to atari. the genesis controller leaks enough current through a pullup resistor between pins 5 and 7 allowing it to operate. the bt transmitter may not get enough current to function in this manner. workaround to improve compatibility is to place a diode from pin 5 to 7 with the negative stripe end facing pin 5. it may be difficult to install in the bt module given the small size. by all means give it a try. just dont be disappointed if it dont work.

I like the idea of not having wires. When it comes to the 2600, it's really not that practical, since the difficulty and reset switches are on the console. I had wireless controllers for the NES back in the day. I liked them, but I found myself using the wired ones most of the time anyway. I don't remember having any wireless controllers again until the PS2, I think. Then I had them for the GameCube and finally, the PS3. I've thought quite a bit about getting the old wireless joysticks for the 2600, but as a lot of people have pointed out, they are better in theory, than in actual use. My personal opinion, is that the 2600 would need a mod, allowing the controller to work the switches too. I don't see that being something worth the effort though.

I've had a few chances over the years to buy the old wireless joysticks and never did. Even when I was in the "must buy anything classic gaming related" stage of collecting and everything was dirt cheap I didn't see any point to them. When I play 2600 games, it's with the console near me so I can reach the reset switch and swap cartridges. I don't need a wireless joystick. What I need is a way to wirelessly connect the 2600 to the TV. And the power outlet. Since that's not going to happen any time soon, I'll just live with cords.