IGNORED

What are all the 32x cables I need.

D3ltax55

I managed to grab a 32x at a pawn shop for very cheep. Only thing it didn't come with any cables.

I think it needed a model 2 power adapter but they only had model 1 third party adapter's there. Also think I need a link cable.

I need to know all the cables I need for it.

I have a model 2 sega genesis with a sega cd attached with rgb scart cables.

I found for the link cable, patch cable these..

This would prob be the best option if quality matters. But after Conversion rates in Canadian, taxes and shipping it will be kinda pricey.

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/games-consoles/sega/32x/sega-32x-to-mega-drive-2-patch-cable?tracking=5543fb4c077bb

Amazon 8-bit would be cheaper over all.

https://www.amazon.ca/32X-Connector-Cable-Model-PARTY/dp/B00BCQNE9K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Or look for official one's.

As for the power adapter should I go official or can I get a retro bit one that is newer. there is another one that is long also.

Edited by D3ltax55

I hope my mega ED works with 32x games. It's advertised, that it plays them. THe main reason I got it.

ALso want to know. THe 2 back plats that are metal. THey have some rust on them. What is the best method in cleaning the rust off.

Edited by D3ltax55

I hope my mega ED works with 32x games. It's advertised, that it plays them. THe main reason I got it.

ALso want to know. THe 2 back plats that are metal. THey have some rust on them. What is the best method in cleaning the rust off.

Yes it works fine with 32X ROMS. I do this myself.

As for needed cables you should refer to this : http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/HOW_32X_which_SEGA_Genesis_system_model_do_I_have_2.html

• Like 1

I want to know if there is a difference in video quality for the patch cables I showed? I have RGB scart cables so may as well go full out if it makes a difference.

Do I really need the SEGA 32X Spacer? I found one on ebay for 20 bucks.

Edited by D3ltax55

Just emailed the retro cables site. They told me their cables provide c-sync wile the originals don't. I was about to order them and there out of stock sigh. I emailed them again when there getting them in stock but waiting on a reply. I wonder if the 8-bit cable I showed provides c-sync also. (edit: I read a review saying they don't have a ground.)

I gotta find another place that sells model 2 patch cable.

I learned that the model 1 sega genesis doesn't output stereo sound with the 32x. Is the case with the model 2 sega genesis with the cable?

Edited by D3ltax55

I found a 32x spacer on ebay. Only problem it's 22 dollars Canadian and with duty's and shipping it will add up to $47.67. Thats basically how much I got the 32x for. So I was thinking if I folded some cardboard to support the 32x, will that work. There isn't any mechanisms and chips on a spacer right?

Anyone kind enough to give me the width, height length of the thing so I can cut out some cardboard and make it the right dimensions.

I ended up getting a ebay cable. It was advertised as a 8 pin one and saying his doesn't brake the system like others do. I hope it works out ok.

Edited by D3ltax55

I found a 32x spacer on ebay. Only problem it's 22 dollars Canadian and with duty's and shipping it will add up to $47.67. Thats basically how much I got the 32x for. So I was thinking if I folded some cardboard to support the 32x, will that work. There isn't any mechanisms and chips on a spacer right?

Anyone kind enough to give me the width, height length of the thing so I can cut out some cardboard and make it the right dimensions.

I ended up getting a ebay cable. It was advertised as a 8 pin one and saying his doesn't brake the system like others do. I hope it works out ok.

If the system doesn't shut off with the power button then you are going to have to modify the cable. I bought an eBay cable last year and had to do this. It was an easy fix but annoying

I just use a 3 dolor extension card from walmart. It's the one that has 2 plugs in one side and the other 1. Allows me to plug into a power bar easy so I don't have to worry about the power brick taking up so much space, Just plug the power bricks on each side then plug the exchenchon cable in the power bar.

But after ordering the power adapter I came across a youtube guy who was talking about a power adapter that has all 3 plugs in one adapter. That site makes other adapters for systems that use more then one power adapter in one. Thou the sega genesis one is sold out and there making a revision anyways.

http://www.retrogamecave.com/

The guy I bought the 32x cable also had a power bar. I asked him to throw the power plug in it and he just charged me a bit more.

I just hope the 32x works. It was tested working in September. But somehow they don't have the cables anymore.

The model 1 sega genesis has better sound quality (Is it still good using the scart cable) so I hear and I can get that patch cable the other guy showed wich will prob support c-sync . But I really don't have the shelf space for it and I don't really want to spend the extra 50 - 60 bucks on another system. I got other stuff to buy soon.

Edited by D3ltax55

You don't actually need the spacer for it to work. As long as you don't bump the system while it's on, there's no issue.

If it doesn't work at first or you get a nasty picture, try opening it up and re-seating the ribbon cable. For some reason, the cable can move a bit and cause it to stop working.

• Like 1

I got them. They arrived on friday. I got it sent to the post office since Im never home. The email to pick it up came on friday but didn't notice it till sat night. picked it up todayt(should really look at my emails when im getting things sent, lol..
Yes pin 2 isn't there. But the pins seem reversed the way you have it.
At first it didn't work. So I tried composite. still didn't work. Then tried directly to the tv it worked. then tried again composite in the framemister didn't work. Then tried scart again and it worked.
I put new profiles on my framemister and noticed the default profile didn't like 32x thou the other pre set setting profiles I loaded worked ok. SOme sort of setting must not like it or something.
I just got the framemister recently from ebay so i am still figuring it out. Heard this thing doesn't like some resolutions. Or maybe it wasn't a good idea getting it from ebay.
I cleaned the 32x a bit with alchole and q-tip and the credit card and wipe for the slot. WOndering if I take the thing apart to clean it propally with magic eraser. Will there be springs and things attached having to unattached them. If so Ill just clean it a bit more with q-tips and rag.
I don't know if the cable I got has C-sync but it looks good to me.

Sigh mastersystem games don't work. I gotta take the thing off to play mastersystem games with the mega everdrive I guess. Hope it's not my framemister again, but I did hear it didn't work awile ago maybe. SO annoying.
Took the pic with my phone so bar with me.

Edited by D3ltax55

Sorry this site would allow me to post the image for some reason. Even thou I changed the format to differnt one's and differnt sizes. I just googled a random hosting site. Tinypic.com. whatever here it is.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xc2gld&s=9

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=173576&s=9

Edited by D3ltax55