IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 3 ~ Wizard of Wor/Time Pilot

Vocelli

Time Pilot: 31,600

Somehow it seems I've lost my picture :ponder:

going to a super bowl party so this is most likely my last post for week 3

[edit] those screenshots, very strange... I've used multiple stellas for screenshots & never saw anything like that either.

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

WoW: Rollage

gallery_26868_2115_3423.png

gallery_26868_2115_945.png

I started to think I wasn't going to be able to get those last few points, and the only reason I did was because I let the wizard come to me. I died very fast after this. The game gets really fast around 80k. First game I've ever rolled, but then again it does roll pretty low.

• Like 3

WoW: Rollage

I started to think I wasn't going to be able to get those last few points, and the only reason I did was because I let the wizard come to me. I died very fast after this. The game gets really fast around 80k. First game I've ever rolled, but then again it does roll pretty low.

Congratulations. It may be your first game you rolled but it's definetelly not the easiest one.

Many games are much, much easier to roll.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

Clearly I had to go back to emulation this week -- anyone have any insight on why my screenshots in Stella are so ugly? I'm getting CGA flashbacks. *shudder*

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but Stella 5.1 has now been released. Could you try the new version and see if it fixes your screenshot issues?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Cool, thanks for digging that up. It was a thought I had after reading the manual. I agree with you that I don't want to use that technique either, since it sounds like it's just "not fun" to even play it. :) I wish the game was either something like... the higher level you are, the more points basic ships are worth. Or once you've blown up the required amount of ships to move to the next era, all the enemies become the boss ship so that you don't have any choice but to progress if you want more points. :)

My idea: is to implement a countdown timer that begins after you get the required number of ships, so you will be warped with or without killing the boss, but obviously you would miss out on the points if you don't go for the boss ship. For this variation the advanced strategy would be to try to cut it as close as possible, killing basic ships as the timer counts down and then hitting the boss at the last second.