IGNORED

UnoCart-2600 : a DIY SD multi-cart for the 2600

electrotrains

9 hours ago, MacRorie said:

If the most current version of firmware is the 09 Oct 2018 version then that is what carts are currently being shipped with.  I will update the manual to note that it does BF/BFSC up to 256k

Careful --- this was done after ZackAttack forked from me and it currently only exists in my own fork on github, it is not part of any released firmware yet :) 

7 hours ago, ZackAttack said:

That's great. I can take care of building a new firmware updater with the new firmware once you're done and also with testing everything.

Thanks alot, Zack! I'll try to build the updater myself first (I'd like to be able to do it), but I'll get back to you if I encouter any issues.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, iesposta said:

Oh, okay. I initially misunderstood and thought you were shaming UNO cart for ripoff.

The YouTube is in Portuguese and links to a hardware seller.

So that website that claims they make Harmony and Uno carts?

Possibly a seller from Brazil? (Domain is in Mali, Africa.)

Brazil has always illegally copied Atari hardware going back to the 1980’s.

Yes that is not nice, but realistically I think it would be impossible to shut down something like that.

Do you know anything more about this? Just seeing this today. If they are selling pirated Harmony carts, I can file a DMCA takedown notice and make it harder for them to sell Harmony and UNO carts.

4 hours ago, batari said:

Do you know anything more about this? Just seeing this today. If they are selling pirated Harmony carts, I can file a DMCA takedown notice and make it harder for them to sell Harmony and UNO carts.

Sorry, no.

Just what I read here on a AtariAge. 

13 hours ago, iesposta said:

Sorry, no.

Just what I read here on a AtariAge. 

If anyone remembers anything about that outfit selling pirate flashcarts, feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can to get them shut down. Low quality pirate UNO and Harmony carts don't just harm the creators, they also harm the community.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chuckcaley said:

I just made and flashed my uno2600 cart but im having a problem with the new firmware. zaxxon, the A Team and Buck Rogers don't work. They work if i put the firmware from the uno2600 github site. Any idea's

Please move questions on the new v09 firmware to the new firmware thread. If you have a Github account, you can also create an issue in my firmware repository (from where you downloaded the firmware).

I’ll check this out later. I had to make changes to the banking autodetection in order to accommodate the Pink Panther scheme - maybe that broke some other ROMs. If this is the case, then you could work around by changing the suffix of the files (you can find out the correct scheme with Stella).

I have released a new build on github. This should fix potential autodetection issues with F8 cartridges in v09. I cannot test at the moment, though, so I have labelled this as a prerelease until I receive confirmation that v10 works and fixes the issue ;) If you want to give feedback, please move over to the firmware thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297486-unocart-firmware-updates/ 

Edited by DirtyHairy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 12:14 PM, electrotrains said:

It's been a while so time for an update on this project!

There is now a new firmware version available on the github page, which adds Atari 7800 compatibility and Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger support. With these changes, the cartridge will now play all the classic 2600 games.

The 7800 fixes are thanks to InactiveX, who lent me a PAL 7800 for the last few days, and MacRorie, who tested it on an NTSC 7800.

DirtyHairy has added the Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger support with up to 256 loads (2MB ROM files!).

The source code and new manual are both also on the github page.

I also built 10 cartridges using ENIG (gold) pcbs a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't announced it yet since I was waiting to be able to program them with the new version of the firmware. Most of them are already spoken for, but there's a couple left if anybody wants one.

The price will be £25 + P&P (£4 USA/Europe, £2 UK).

post-41252-0-77220000-1522577293_thumb.jpg

If you'd like one of the spare carts, let me know here. First come first served. (Though if enough people are interested, I will probably make another batch).

Robin

Hi Robin,

Any chance to order one of these babies? ?

21 hours ago, repetto74 said:

I am located in Europe so wondering if there is any chance to buy it here :-). Thanks for the link anyway.

I'm guessing you already know this, but just in case, I should mention that the Brewing Academy will ship to Europe. Either way, good luck in getting one. It's great to play all the cartridges you'll never find in the wild. I've been enjoying "Boing!" quite a lot lately.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, xefned said:

Has anyone successfully run Supercharger games on the Unocart?

I think they're probably not supported. But I wonder if the roms I have are just not properly compiled.

SHould work without a problem.  Here's from the manual:

Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger titles are emulated with the multi-load parts combined in a single file. Up to 256 loads are supported (2MB file). The Supercharger BIOS will use the TV type set by the UnoCart-2600 TV jumper. 

1 minute ago, MacRorie said:

SHould work without a problem.  Here's from the manual:

Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger titles are emulated with the multi-load parts combined in a single file. Up to 256 loads are supported (2MB file). The Supercharger BIOS will use the TV type set by the UnoCart-2600 TV jumper. 

Oh, maybe I'm missing the Supercharger BIOS.

Thanks for posting. That's probably the problem. I appreciate it!

2 hours ago, xefned said:

Oh, maybe I'm missing the Supercharger BIOS.

Thanks for posting. That's probably the problem. I appreciate it!

Nope, you're not. The Uno definitely runs SC games. On an actual supercharger, the BIOS is a piece of code that is stored on the ROM inside the supercharger and that takes care of loading the game code into RAM from tape. The supercharger emulation on the Uno contains a stub BIOS that replaces the the supercharger BIOS (as does any other emulator) --- there is no need to download anything else. If you have issues running supercharger games, please post to the firmware thread below with an exact description of the issue and the failing cartridge.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, orange808 said:

Will there be a board for single games?  ACE format carts would be interesting (although probably more expensive) alternative to the AtariAge Melody board that could be sold individually.

If **ANYONE** wants to publish a game on the UNO board, contact us immediately!  We can produce them for you, you earn royalties and be rolling in the small bucks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To that end, I am not familiar with the firmware.  How far can the firmware be trimmed to accomodate loading a single ACE file?

It would be particularly convenient to downsize it, because constants will need to be manually defined to get PCROP working.  While implementing it will surely rile up the roms crowd, PCROP would be very desirable for devs looking to launch particularly elaborate projects.

• 1 year later...

I decided to use the original github instructions with stm32f407g-disc1 board and PCs breakout board for a DIY unocart. I’ve wipedflashed both the .hex and .bin multiple times and verified, double checked connections and used voltmeter to check connections. Just getting a black screen and occasionally stuck sound.....the only mention I can find of similar is on page 7 of this thread and no one responded. I’ve tried on 2 different, working otherwise, 2600’s.

Any ideas? Has the firmware become specific to the Pcb board design? 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, WicoKid said:

I decided to use the original github instructions with stm32f407g-disc1 board and PCs breakout board for a DIY unocart. I’ve wipedflashed both the .hex and .bin multiple times and verified, double checked connections and used voltmeter to check connections. Just getting a black screen and occasionally stuck sound.....the only mention I can find of similar is on page 7 of this thread and no one responded. I’ve tried on 2 different, working otherwise, 2600’s.

Any ideas? Has the firmware become specific to the Pcb board design? 

Remote diagnosis is always a bit difficult, you may want to post some high resolution photos.

Have you set boot0 and boot1 of the STM32 MCU correctly ?

If you want to build something that can be used with a 3D printed cartridge you should take a look at @Andrew Davie's PCB design in this thread:

it should work with the UnoCart firmware too. I am not sure if the assembled PCB fits into a modified standard cartridge.