IGNORED

The Official Colecovision GRAB BAG for 2018

ColecoGamer

Colecovision Grab Bag Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of sharing a box of Colecovision goodies with fellow Coleco gamers?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you dislike about the idea?

• Paying to ship the box to the next person on the list
    • Not finding what you want inside the box
    • The idea itself

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey All - after watching the official Intellvision Grab Bag thread for about a year (and seeing it end after a successful run that apparently stretched for year(s), I felt the Coleco community could benefit from something as exciting and fun as this. (I hope the good people who frequent the Intellivison forums don t mind.) If you re unfamiliar with the Grab Bag idea, here s a basic breakdown of how it works:

1.) We create a list of participants that would receive this box/bag.

2.) This box/bag will contain Colecovision related items, like game cartridges, manuals, etc.

3.) When a participant receives the box/bag, they can take whatever they want. However, they must replace whatever they take with something else Coleco related. This will keep things fair for the next person who receives the box/bag.

4.) When the participant is finished with the box/bag, they are expected to mail the box/bag to the next person. Please bear in mind that over time, the box/bag could get very heavy and expensive to ship. Each participant will be expected to pay out of pocket to ship the bag/box to the next person on the list.

5. This process is repeated until the box is sent back to the first person on the list. From there, the process is repeated over and over again, until we decide the Grab Bag is finished.

Update: The purpose of the Grab Bag is to help those that participate fill in any holes they may have in their collections with common carts, etc. If enough people like the idea, I can start the process by filling a box with Colecovision games and any Coleco paraphernalia I am willing to part with. Also, If you want to participate, please respond to this thread.

**I think we should start this off small, maybe 6-12 people at first? What does everyone think?

Feedback or suggestions?

Edit: Since the last iPhone update, my iPhone 8 refuses to post apostrophes and hypens when I write a post here, so I aplogize in advance. Commas and peroids seem to work, though.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been giving this some serious thought since posting this thread. Maybe instead of doing a Grab Bag, why not start a thread here similar to the free item thread in the marketplace, but make it Coleco only?

People can post items they want to give away.

The interested party pays for the cost of shipping.

If enough people from the Coleco community particpates, everyone is guaranteed to find something they want.

Thoughts on this?

Sure, I'll get this started. I have a SmartLOGO package that I've never used, and never will. Manual, DDP, the whole works. Pay shipping and its yours.

Who knows, maybe karma will be nice to me and give me something cool, like Super Cobra or Peekaboo! on cartridge. Don't judge me, I have kids ;)

EDIT: Untested. It worked the last time I tried it, but that was years ago. If I get a chance I'll try it, but it's already 3AM.

Edited by LoTonah
  • Like 1

Who knows, maybe karma will be nice to me and give me something cool, like Super Cobra or Peekaboo! on cartridge. Don't judge me, I have kids ;)

FYI, Peek-a-boo will be one of the Team Pixelboy titles you'll be able to purchase from the AtariAge Store, once Albert manages to put all the manual printing behind him and add the "new" old games to the store. :)

• Like 1

The grab bag is a great idea. International shipping would be a killer, though. How about placing a limit on the box size?

Thats actually a good idea. Maybe for the first box, we start small? What about a Priority Mail box with these dimensions: 12 in x 12 in 5-1/2 in?

USPS.com

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-apofpo-flat-rate-box-P_MILI_FRB

Edit: Maybe for the first bag/box, we limit it to 10-15 people in the USA/Canada? Not to be rude to our international gamer friends across the pond or anything, but you made a good point regarding international shipping rates.

Edited by ColecoGamer

The finer details are still being worked out, but you can be added to the list by just responding to this thread.

Consider myself requesting to be added then. Also, if I may suggest, using a usps flat rate box for this, as that would keep the shipping cost standard, although prevent the shipment of consoles directly though.

A large flat rate box is close to your required dimensions, and costs 18.95 (I think still) to ship.

Edited by Cdstahlman
  • Like 1

Consider myself requesting to be added then. Also, if I may suggest, using a usps flat rate box for this, as that would keep the shipping cost standard, although prevent the shipment of consoles directly though.

A large flat rate box is close to your required dimensions, and costs 18.95 (I think still) to ship.

Smart idea. We’ll go with a USPS flat rate box then.

And consider yourself added!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, heres the current list for the Coleco Grab Bag:

The Official Colecovision GRAB BAG:

1. ColecoGamer

2. LoTonah

3. DavidCalgary29

4.cdstahlman

5.ColecoJoe

Ill be adding some game cartridges, a couple of Coleco/Adam controllers (maybe someone can use them for parts/repair?), and whatever else I find that will be fun. :) Once the box is together, I will PM LoTonah and ship the box out. Lets get this ball rolling!

Edited by ColecoGamer