IGNORED

Can anyone beat a Todd Rogers' "record"? Let's find out.

HalHawkins

beat-a-todd-rogers-record-1.jpg

At the 2018 Retro World Series Main Event at the 2018 LVL Up Expo in Las Vegas, we are giving you the opportunity to win a lot of cash just for tying or beating seemingly impossible Atari 2600 records set by Mr. Activision himself, Todd Rogers. If you tie or break one, you will win $1,000. You will also win a t-shirt.

i-beat-a-coffee-stain-300x300.jpg

GAMES & TWIN GALAXIES’ TRACK
Barnstorming – NTSC – Game 4, Difficulty BB [Fastest Time] – Current Record: 51.67
Bugs – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 910
Dragster – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] – Current Record: 5.51
Fathom – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 1,110,500
Grand Prix – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] – Current Record: 29.47
Jawbreaker – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 121,400
Skiing – NTSC – Game 03, Difficulty BB [Fastest Time] – Current Record: 27.51
Slot Machine – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 9,999
Sub-Scan – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 1,012,000
Wabbit – NTSC – Game 1, Difficulty B – Current Record: 1,398
RULES
To qualify for the $1,000 reward, the following rules must be followed:
  • All attempts must start and be completed during the normal 2018 LVL Up Expo hours using RWS TVs, consoles, and cartridges.
  • Reward is only for the approved games and tracks listed above. If any of those records are broken prior to the 2018 LVL Up Expo, they will no longer be eligible.
  • All attempts must be supervised by an RWS staff member and recording using RWS equipment.
  • You are limited to five attempts per day.
  • Pausing the game is not permitted.
  • Only RWS staff are permitted to handle the console and games or attach/detach controllers.
CONTROLLERS
We will offer Suncom TAC-2’s for you to use; however, you are permitted to bring and use your own controller.
REGISTER

In the future, this will be called "Cheat Shaming" and it will be frowned upon. The average man cheats on his wife and his taxes and most people don't have a problem with it, but it somehow becomes wrong when it comes to video games. Cheating is just another lifestyle choice that is just as valid and harmless as littering or smoking around children. :D

• Like 2

The average man cheats on his wife and his taxes and most people don't have a problem with it

The average man has done neither of these things and finds it very wrong, this is not the time or place for your society going to hell in a hand basket soapbox nonsense

• Like 1

I guess you wont be holding this anymore.

Given the evidence I don't think you'd be paying out many $1000 awards. Might as well hold it anyway and see if someone can beat one of his "record" scores. Seems like low risk for you.

PS - I still might buy one of those shirts if they are for sale.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

How did you figure the "average man"?

I didn't cheat on my taxes ever (actually I don't mind paying a little more if it helps some local police office or such) and sure as hell I didn't cheat on my wife as well, guess I'm not average ... I think Osgeld got it right, if you feel like it you can speak for yourself but assuming what an "average man" has/hasn't done is preposterous.

How did you figure the "average man"?

I didn't cheat on my taxes ever (actually I don't mind paying a little more if it helps some local police office or such) and sure as hell I didn't cheat on my wife as well, guess I'm not average ... I think Osgeld got it right, if you feel like it you can speak for yourself but assuming what an "average man" has/hasn't done is preposterous.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my post. The last sentence should be a huge throbbing clue.

That Bugs record should be doable. I've come close to rolling the score on difficulty A (which is easier), and difficulty B was my next intended target once that happened. I don't think the game has the equivalent of a kill screen; it just requires twitch reflexes and a bit of luck.

Current record is now officially 426, since Rogers' record was removed.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/bugs/atari-2600-vcs/