IGNORED

Anyone modding NES Top Loader and/or SNES Jr/Mini?

Razzie.P

I posted this in the "wanted section" a couple of days ago, but it's showing 0 views, so I'm guessing that section isn't very lively. Apologies if this should be in a different section. And with that....

I think I'm gonna have the video mods installed in my NES Top Loader (Composite Mod) and SNES Jr/Mini (S-Video Mod). Anyone here sell and/or install these mods? Or perhaps have a reference to someone who does? May even consider buying the consoles already modded if anyone has them for sell.

Thanks!

I posted this in the "wanted section" a couple of days ago, but it's showing 0 views, so I'm guessing that section isn't very lively. Apologies if this should be in a different section. And with that....

I think I'm gonna have the video mods installed in my NES Top Loader (Composite Mod) and SNES Jr/Mini (S-Video Mod). Anyone here sell and/or install these mods? Or perhaps have a reference to someone who does? May even consider buying the consoles already modded if anyone has them for sell.

Thanks!

In that case as far as NES goes would you be happy with a front loader instead since it already has composite out? If so http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274555-nes-for-sale/

You posted correctly in the "Wanted" section a few days ago. There is a bug that doesn't show any new views until the last person replies each time. EDIT: Go test it out, type "bump" and then watch the views go up dramatically when you recheck it.

Edited by SignGuy81

I suggest getting a nice CRT TV instead, but that's just me. Especially if you want to be able to play zapper games. I personally do not understand the desire to do expensive mods just to get a CRT image on a newer TV that can't even process a light gun. I guess extra TV's and weight of them is enough to bring forth this desire.

I suggest getting a nice CRT TV instead, but that's just me. Especially if you want to be able to play zapper games. I personally do not understand the desire to do expensive mods just to get a CRT image on a newer TV that can't even process a light gun. I guess extra TV's and weight of them is enough to bring forth this desire.

He wants a composite mod not HDMI

• Like 1

Well the top loader has that RF interference that a proper and total killing of the RF style mod would fix on the top loader. If you pull up the pin to the RF jack I read that it drops the jailbar look and you get a clean image. You obviously lose the RF jack breaking the connection but the split up video connector hookup would make that pointless.

Personally (as I had that other thread) I'd go with the HDMI update to the top loader and be done with it unless you're hell bent on enjoying light gun games.

In that case as far as NES goes would you be happy with a front loader instead since it already has composite out? If so http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274555-nes-for-sale/

Thanks, but that wouldn't work for me in this case. I already have a couple of front loaders but with the setup I'm working with in this particular room, it has to be the mini due to size/space issues.

I already have one. I have a dedicated "retro room" in my house and the TV is a pretty nice CRT with RCA, SVideo, and Component. So that's covered :-D Due to space issues though with how the game systems are set up, the NES needs to be the Mini. Problem is, the video look awful (in my opinion) and really kills the desire to play it.

But yeah, I have the AVS from retroUSB so the HDMI side of things are pretty good. Love that thing!

Edited by malrak