IGNORED

Todd Rogers banned from Twin Galaxies and records removed

HalHawkins

I am very happy that his scores were removed, I thought they would only get rid of the Dragster time, but now that all of them are gone it feels more accomplished

I cannot comment on the credibility of Twin Galaxies -- that's a heated debate that I want no part of in either direction -- but I do know that they're pretty zero-tolerance when it comes to, well...anything bad. Cheat? Lifetime ban. Copyrighted music in the background of your submission video? Lifetime ban. (Although apparently it's not quite that strict -- like if you're in a public place where you have no control over the background noise, that's one thing, but if you purposely put music in your video, *bam* gone)....

• Like 1

Personally, it seems extreme to me.

Wether or not his Dragster score was or was not able to be proven is one thing. But removing any & all of his other records; when some of them do indeed have photographic proof, is a bit harsh.

So be it. It's his battle to fight, not ours.

Wether or not his Dragster score was or was not able to be proven is one thing. But removing any & all of his other records; when some of them do indeed have photographic proof, is a bit harsh.

From what I've heard, some were photoshopped from jpeg originals (which is how you get caught). If they were RAW, he'd probably get away with it.

I think the reason why is that so many of his scores were highly suspect. A good example was Fathom. His record was 1,110,500. Second place? 142

• Like 8

All one needs to disprove any of those scores is to look at the other attempts and just use some common sense. That's the funny thing about hi-scores: someone, somewhere will either match your score, or have a score around that, and if enough people have plateaued at a certain score "range" and you're still waaaaay above those, you miiiight be a lying liar from Liarville.

It also helps if you look at the scoring system of a game and pick a score that the game could actually award a player. HA-ha!

• Like 3

I saw him break the 6 Second mark at E for All in 2008, getting 5.77, and even a bit lower, on a few occasions during the course of the two day show. I also saw the folks from Twin Galaxies at the event. Including Billy Mitchell and Walter Day.

When I saw the Twin Galaxies crowd at E for All in 2008, they were exactly the clowns they were made out to be in the King of Kong. I mean, it was almost a comedy. There's a whole other story I could tell about Billy and Walter trying to undermine Steve Weibe's DK score attempt at the show. They were constantly trolling him.

I'm not sure who to side with here. I know Todd doesn't have the most stellar reputation. I know that the guys from TG are a bunch of ridiculous clowns. The maker of the game said his score is possible, but no one else has been able to come close.

I guess my takeaway from this whole thing is that if the score is fake, TG let is stand for a long time and their credibility has taken a major hit. If the score is real, then TG is involved in yet even more chicanery and foolishness, which also further tarnishes their record. Make of this what you will.

post-27032-0-94775500-1517261386.jpg

• Like 4

With games & collecting being so popular, I was always surprised that there wasn't a better attempt a documenting records, or a real showcase for skilled gamers. I follow the high score club on AA, and Oyama_family is amazing. The Atari scores on AA boggle my mind.

• Like 1

Almost every one of his records were questionable. With him being proven to be a liar I see it as the appropriate measure.
  • Like 2

So what happens if someone manages to record a verifiable 5.51 tomorrow? I don't believe it possible, but what if?

The more I think about this the more I feel bad for all those people that had to be 2nd behind his cheating for so long. They never got to have that world record feeling in the way they should have.

• Like 1

So what happens if someone manages to record a verifiable 5.51 tomorrow? I don't believe it possible, but what if?

If it's verifiable, then there's no reason it shouldn't be accepted. Whatever score on whatever game.

Glad I didn't contribute anything, not even a score entry to Twin Galaxies. What a farce.