IGNORED

Namco Museum GBA: interest check and questions

toptenmaterial

I can't sleep and am going through some of my old threads here on AA. I had set up a few high score contests around 2011. I had one game that I wanted to do, Namco Museum for the Game Boy Advance.

I wished to do this particular version because the interface is straightforward (no museum tours like on PS1), and because it closely resembles the N64 version, which holds nostalgia for me. In fact, I think it's the same game. GBA can also be easily emulated without issue on pretty much anything.

My question is this: if the cart contains five games, then how are scores tallied? Would we somehow combine total scores, or focus on individual games one at a time?

Also, is anyone interested in this? Thanks!

Edited by toptenmaterial
  • Like 1

I would play...as for scoring, you could either play each game for a specified period of time (say a week)...and just score each round individually...or, you could play all the games at once for a specified period of time tracking each player's finish in each game and then take their average finish between the five games to determine a winner.

yeah I wanna play!

you could also run all five games at once, and award a "rank" score under each game. For example, maybe the last place score in each game could earn that player 1 point, and each score above that getting 1 more than the last, up from there. A player's overall score for the contest would be those ranking-points all added up.

so if there were say 8 players and they all played every game, and I got 1st place in two of them, last place in one of them, and 2nd & 3rd in the other two, I'd have 8+8+1+7+6 = 30pts overall score.

BTW, that's one of my two favorite GBA games :)

I have 9 copies of it lol

Can't seem to stop picking it up for $1.67 at the game store.

GBA is my favorite handheld (PSP close on its heels) and each of my GBA's have Namco Museum in it.

the other one is Final Fantasy Tactics, amazing game.

S.BAZ I like that idea. I may need some help with the ranking as I am extremely inept with stats. That's awesome that you have appox.17mil carts. :D I adore that version too and all of the games hit the sweet spot for me. Brings back memories of playing it with my brother-in-law and smoking grass until our eyeballs fell out. Happy times!

Ok! So here's what I'd like to do, based on the input of others. We play one game a week for five weeks. Each high score entry gets a certain amount of points inversely: if 10 people play Galaga, the person in the lead at the end gets a 10, and the person with the worst score gets a one. At the end of the five game/week run, each person's points are tallied up. It might look like this, for example:

toptenmaterial's points:

Ms. Pac-Man: 4

Galaxian: 3

Galaga: 12

Dig Dug: 6

Pole Position: 5

Total points: 30

Does this look good to you guys?

Edited by toptenmaterial

Ok! So here's what I'd like to do, based on the input of others. We play one game a week for five weeks. Each high score entry gets a certain amount of points inversely: if 10 people play Galaga, the person in the lead at the end gets a 10, and the person with the worst score gets a one. At the end of the five game/week run, each person's points are tallied up. It might look like this, for example:

toptenmaterial's points:

Ms. Pac-Man: 4

Galaxian: 3

Galaga: 12

Dig Dug: 6

Pole Position: 5

Total points: 30

Does this look good to you guys?

Ok, cool

Looks good

I'll play