IGNORED

SuperCart Construction

Opry99er

Using the EQU >2100 gave me the same results, basically a reboot occurs and a discolored border. So apparently my util isn't sitting where it normally does after my copy of utils from. >2000->2398 is still missing something, because that's all I'm copying and putting back via my program at load time.  But I can just as well use the sound table as mentioned earlier, just needs to beep.

IMG_20191227_095735759.jpg

Edited by GDMike

Here is the EA Notes cart.

Im just about to start writing code for the bank switching that has to happen..

But I needed a case..AND I'm pondering a label scheme.

The reason for the case is that I cannot find switches that fit in a regular cart case properly after using ic sockets on my board. But I'll never solder a component in a board unless necessary. I've got 3 types of switches that I tried and all those types didn't work either. And no room to just wire in the switches and place the switches in other places in a cart. They all seem restricted due to the sockets.

Edited by GDMike

Yeah, tried running wire to an area but still ran short of space with regular Cart. 

On another note, do you know a way I can put a trickle charger on the board for the 2032 NiCad 3.0v? I'd like to drop that on the board if it doesn't take much. Overnight I'm losing half a V. With the cart unplugged, another cart had a 0 V left on the battery. I made a quick and dirty charger that brings the V back to 3.0 but it's not retaining much when the cart is unplugged as well.

Edited by GDMike

Ok, here's an update to E/A Notes

I'm just now getting to map out the pages, then I need to get my F3, F8 editing keys finished, (as that's been a while now). And then I'll start on the"Sister" program, which basically allows printing, file I/O and other stuff.. BUT this would just allow note taking in a quick, disk unnecessary situation and port it to a cart in 24K style. And hopefully retrieve it later with the sister program, "E/A has a sis"

And yeah...

Edited by GDMike

• 2 weeks later...

So today is the 13th and I have ALL but 1 of th editing keys complete!

I now have to create an F2 key. You know, where you press Fnctn 2 and the cursor continues to travel to the right pushing the rest of the chars with it as you press a key OTHER than enter OR a directional key do that you can insert a character or word..

So im now trying to come up with how to make it ..(it's an assy program btw)

Edited by GDMike

So today is the 13th and I have ALL but 1 editing keys complete! I have to create an F2 key. You know, where you press Fnctn 2 and the cursor continues to travel to the right as you press a key OTHER than enter OR a directional key.

So im now trying to come up with how to make it ..(it's an assy program btw)

What I've done is find the beginning line that the cursor is at and store that, then I stored the ending line location where the cursor is, I then counted between cursor and it's end of line. I then subtracted 1 and stored that number in R2. I did a vmbr I placed a blank space at R0 Location and incremented R0 and did a vmbw. I flagged f2l(storage byte) to 1, then anytime my routine that places a char on the screen via keyboard it places the new char but continues the preceding routine I just outlined..

testing time...

I've not used my SuperCart since the FlashROM & FinalGROM came out.  I've lost track of all my programs for it and I think I've even forgotten how to load it. 

(Use it or lose it).

I seem to remember 4/A DOS, a couple of menu programs and Remind-ME! being the main programs I used it for.  Was there anything else?

I'm not sure, but something tells me their was another..did you know, someone can push an 7k program into the cart then at bootup push that program into high ram and run it? Bypassing floppy loads.

It has to reserve 1k for utils from the E/A cart and another 300 or so bytes for the actual MENU loader. This way you wouldn't need to write your utils you can still use those from the CART. Keeping in mind the E/A GROM is located on the PCB.

I've finally learned, with everyone's help, how to achieve that. Ive almost completed my first cart program.

Ok so the E/A Notes program is complete.

Now it needs a name.

Owen suggested SuperNotes, but I don't think it deserves super yet..there is another companion program that will aid this program because it sits in High Ram and can be quite large, it will handle printing, moving data from dsk to cart and cart to DSK, and possibly to CS1.

So I will end up with a mini and Max version of the same program when finished.

Any ideas on a name or acronym?

And arcade shopper has been out of supercart boards now for a month.. just when I need to get a couple..

that's how things go, I struggle for two months on the code, and now I can't find boards, I tried using the game carts, but was not successful, so these boards that James makes are fantastic, when they are around and you can find them...I'll go look on eBay..hmmm

On 1/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, GDMike said:

I was reading this, and Stuart, you've been tremendously helpful these years in all aspects of this computer, and so has Lee and James, and so many others BUT after finishing what I set out to do, an editor that reads/Writes to supercart, I want to see if I can do another feat. I want to read/Write text from Tipi via PC stored and move it to my SuperNotes cartridge.

I'm gonna start here, and try to understand how, first reading the headers in the DSR to verify a Tipi exists. Then I dunno what to do, but I guess I'll try to figure it out...

But to me this would be the best SuperCart text deliverer ever!!

http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm

Edited by GDMike

I was able to turn on the cards using Stuart's code, but I was trying to read the name list @>4004 and after reading 20 bytes, I only got garbage, then I turned the card off with SBZ 0

How do I read the name of the card at a particular CRU address?

Did you look at [http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#tipi_network_socket_interface], scroll down to:

*Find CRU address of TIPI device.

That code will find the CRU address of the TIPI.

(Code is largely based on code I found elsewhere)

• Like 1

Yes, I learned how to turn a or all cards on and off, thank you!!

So I just wrote a simple program to turn on a card I knew existed, and read @>4004 for 20 bytes as I thought that might work..but, nahh..

I was able to turn on the cards using Stuart's code, but I was trying to read the name list @>4004 and after reading 20 bytes, I only got garbage, then I turned the card off with SBZ 0

How do I read the name of the card at a particular CRU address?

On 1/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, GDMike said:

Yes, I learned how to turn a or all cards on and off, thank you!!

So I just wrote a simple program to turn on a card I knew existed, and read @>4004 for 20 bytes as I thought that might work..but, nahh..

You might want to try playing with the hardware using Forth interactively and the use the knowledge to correct your ASM code.

After you turn on the card in Forth, you can say

HEX 4000 100 DUMP  and see the contents of the header on the screen. :)

Just a thought. (that's how I got a feel for the DSR code)

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, GDMike said:

And arcade shopper has been out of supercart boards now for a month.. just when I need to get a couple..

that's how things go, I struggle for two months on the code, and now I can't find boards, I tried using the game carts, but was not successful, so these boards that James makes are fantastic, when they are around and you can find them...I'll go look on eBay..hmmm

I just checked my TI board supply for you. I have about 40 of them sitting next to my keyboard right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super..I'm going to need about, let me see,...EA GROMs=5..so, yup, 5 will do for now...

Love these little boards..

Sometime, when you're not beezy, haha..

I'd love for you to try and put this Ramdisk i have had back to together if you would. like original, if possible..I can pull out everything, and leave the sockets..as I've done that once already.. the board is good shape..but of course I'm buying one of your new ones anyway... but id love to have this one back in Shape. It's my keeper..it's better if it worked though..

Anytime, no hurry as it's still going to be around. Gotta love it.

Edited by GDMike
Sentence

As far as Forth, I think it's so awesome that Turboforth has a great way to handle that SAMS card. Last year I was whipping code all over the place with the "# Setbank"method. Totally awesome!!

I had screen copy command, paste command.. those things are simple in Turboforth. BUT..I'm still in supercart mode...as I'm making my SuperNotes PRO version, that sucks the data outta the Supernotes card that, if a user used my SuperNotes Express version, then the pro would pull that out and push it to SAM'S and eventually write to disk, hopefully to Tipi later..but yeah, if it just me, SAMs, Dsk and I'm not sure if Turboforth could get to Tipi or not, but that's where we're headed these days.

Edited by GDMike