IGNORED

SuperCart Construction

Opry99er

sAs far as Forth, I think it's do awesome that Turboforth has a great way to handle that SAMS card. Last year I was whipping code all over the place with the "# Setbank"method. Totally awesome!!

I had screen copy command, paste command.. those things are simple in Turboforth. BUT..I'm still in supercart mode...as I'm making my SuperNotes PRO version, that sucks the data outta the Supernotes card that, if a user used my SuperNotes Express version, then the pro would pull that out and push it to SAM'S and eventually write to disk, hopefully to Tipi later..but yeah, if it just me, SAMs, Dsk and I'm not sure if Turboforth could get to Tipi or not, but that's where we're headed these days.

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

sAs far as Forth, I think it's do awesome that Turboforth has a great way to handle that SAMS card. Last year I was whipping code all over the place with the "# Setbank"method. Totally awesome!!

I had screen copy command, paste command.. those things are simple in Turboforth. BUT..I'm still in supercart mode...as I'm making my SuperNotes PRO version, that sucks the data outta the Supernotes card that, if a user used my SuperNotes Express version, then the pro would pull that out and push it to SAM'S and eventually write to disk, hopefully to Tipi later..but yeah, if it just me, SAMs, Dsk and I'm not sure if Turboforth could get to Tipi or not, but that's where we're headed these days.

I'm sitting in Dominican Republic at the moment so I can't test anything, but since you were talking about a card at address >4000, I think you could enable the card with TurboForth CRU commands and then use DUMP to see that data at that address, but that assumption and $3.95 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GDMike said:

You can do the same in fbForth 2.0 because the capability came from TurboForth. You would need to load the DUMP utility from FBLOCKS to be able to DUMP the code from >4000 – >5FFF.

As always for non-working code, we need to see the code in order to assist you.

...lee

• Like 2

LolsAs far as Forth, I think it's do awesome that Turboforth has a great way to handle that SAMS card. Last year I was whipping code all over the place with the "# Setbank"method. Totally awesome!!

Fyi .I don't have a code to list as my project is coming along..

My attempt at labeling my cart..

I'll keep trying

IMG_20200127_193646.jpg

• Like 2

I looked at at something, awhile back, Don't remember what it was now, oh, the Dos or command dos I think it's called and something else, but all i tried were needing a dsk for support, I was trying to just get something to work that was totally independent, of course my program needs to initially load off dsk, but once loaded it's then independent.

But I noticed that the "MENU" program is prone to corruption, seems anything can wipe the menu, but the data further in the cart stays intact. Of course reloading the menu restores the menu again..

Initially I thought I could just switch a write enable line so I could protect the SRAM, but it seems that it's a bit more than that. So I didn't add it.

Note: doesn't happen a lot, but as battery gets around 2 vdc I can expect to start losing the menu. I'm testing 3 carts with new batteries.. TBD

Edited by GDMike

One note--if you have anything that writes to the >6000 space, it will change the byte being written to. . .the Supercart doesn't have any built-in write protection circuitry (although you could probably connect a switch inline with the WE* signal to block writing and protect the memory).

ok, if anyone wants to play with the PRO version i have...here is a copy, premature, and im still adding things to it...it does not have disk access yet, or printer capability..but it will one day.

you can try with a 32k supercart, i added the CTRL I - format feature so you can format the cartidge

DSKA0054.dsk

Edited by GDMike

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this...

I've even put this in between

Li r1,>2A2A

Blwp @vsbw

With a stop, limit 2, limi 0, jmp stop

I only get a cursor on the screen locked screen and I Know im reaching the sub because my asterisk shows when I place the asterisk command at the beginning of the sub, so I've narrowed the issue to this area..

And I never see my * and I can't reboot

In other words, my process never reaches the 1st part or second part of my routine..

Kybuf = char the cursor is sitting on, as read earlier in the program.

The routine checks the char that is sitting at R0 for a space char, if so then drop to the next routine, if not then dec r0 and try again..

IMG_20200213_104139068_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200213_104314938.jpg

Edited by GDMike

57 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this...

Not enough code/explanation to make sense of this. Nonetheless, a couple of things come to mind:

• Why waste time and space saving R11? You are not using it or corrupting it with a BL.
  • In MOVing >0001 to CPW, the byte at CPW is always 0. You are changing the byte at CPW+1 to 1. Is that your intent? The BSS implies you want bytes stored at CPW.
  • You do not need to CLR R4 because you fill it immediately.
  • What prevents this routine from backing up or going ahead too far, i.e., what if spaces are at the beginning or end of your buffer? 
  • What is R5 for?
  • What happens after CPW2 besides INCrementing R2 and R0?

...lee

• Like 1

This is a subroutine,  Meaning I'm BL'ng to this from a key press routine with a BL @Cpywrd.

That's why the save R11with rt. Later in the routine.

I'm needing a flag, so I reserved a byte for that flag, or that is my intention with CPW. 

As far as CPW2, is, at this point mute, because the process doesn't get to it.

As the computer hangs prior to CPW2.

And I'm trying to figure out why? Because, to me the process should have dropped out and down into CPW2 since the char at R0 is in fact a non space char, as I deliberately moved r0 to sit on a word, not shown here,  before the BL to this routine. .

getting TO cpw2 would be nice, since that is the goal. It would determine R0 is sitting on a char other than blank.

If POS is how you are passing the cursor position to the routine, you have the MOV backwards. It should be

.      MOV  @POS,R0

Regarding saving R11, it is too late to do it after BL. The only reason to save/restore it is because you do not want to corrupt R11 with another BL call. You are not using BL in your routine that I can see, so you do not need the save/restore.

Moving your flag should be

LI   R4,>0100
       MOVB R4,@CPW

...lee

• Like 1

I blew away the routine, I'll recreate it. And try again..

Basically, I have a word on the screen and the goal is to put the cursor somewhere on that word, either on the first char of the word or at the last char. Then pressing Ctrl W will kick in my routine to find the first character of the word, since I cannot take for granted the user hit Ctrl W at the beginning of the word intended to be copied. 

So I decrement R0 until I find a space char, then increment R0 once and now I can read the char again and it should be anything but a space. Now I can Inc r0 and r2 and read every char until I reach a space.

Does that make more sense?