IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 4 ~ Beamrider

Vocelli

From 2600 OLD HSC Season 7, Week 42, I'm providing some Beamrider tips!

OYAMAFAMILY TIPS (revised for this Beamrider Contest):

1) DON'T SHOOT the yellow rejuvenator (extra ship).

2) The maximum number of ships in reserve displayed at the bottom of the screen is 13, BUT YOU CAN continue catching more and more yellow rejuvenators (extra ships) in order to get more bonus points via destroying the Sector Sentinel.

3) For each sector, reserve at least ONE TORPEDO to try to destroy the Sector Sentinel in order to score bonus points.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what the trick is to landing a successful pass in RealSports Football?

Took me a while to figure it out and I'm only able to get 4-5 yards at a time. I choose the short right pass (down and right on the controller). Then I hold down and snap the ball. As my QB is running down I then pass it right before the defender get to me.

This game is amazing. I'm not so good at it so far, but the more I play it the more it impresses me. For example, I find it interesting that the relationship between points and extra lives is reversed in this game. Where normally you have to score point to earn that extra life, the more lives you collect the more points are available to you at the end of the level. I don't think I've seen that before. There are also two very cool games being played here. Getting that extra life is the goal of the first game, and cashing in on that is the goal of the second. Really raises the stakes on that last battle each level. The game play is something like a vertical, bullet hell, rail shooter. Very interesting.

• Like 2

Super Football is about the best you are going to get.

I find I am good for about one good game per day and the rest is an exercise in frustration. Still love this game. It seems like even 16 sectors deep there are new things to bedevil you.

post-409-0-01997400-1517953526_thumb.jpg

I know you from reading long past thread seasons.

I hope you can come back and stick with us.

Hi! Yes! I was a part of the first HSC. Back then, we had these cool Activision style patches that were awarded to that week's winner. I still have the patches that were sent to me back then. They were (are) very cool!

I'd love to join in with you all, but at the moment, I have no working Atari. Nor do I have the collection that I had back then.

As I write this, my two teenage sons are listening to "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" while eating dinner. That gives you an idea where my life is at the moment!

• Like 1

Does it matter how much time you have left in RS Football? It doesn't say so in your first post. Just wondering.

attachicon.gifWIN_20180206_170536.JPG

99 to 0 with 10:57 left

It will not matter how much time is left since the original post just said points scored.

So time will not matter and points against will not matter.

• Like 1