IGNORED

Will the Coleco Gemini Clone's Dual Controller Work on a Regular 2600?

RockyRaccoon

I've confirmed that they do in fact work on the 7800 as standard controllers, and as paddles(with the Y splitter.) Funnily enough, I need to refix my original Y splitter. Back in the day, I diagnosed a short in one side of it, and opened the cable with a razor knife. I then stripped the wires, twisted them together and taped it up with cellophane tape. I didn't even own a soldering iron back then. It still works today ;-P.

• Like 2

I have a pair of these controllers and they work fine on a standard 2600.

The y-splitter comes into play because the standard design for paddles, as you know, has two paddles coming out of one connector that goes into a single controller port. Since the Gemini controllers are a joystick/paddle combo and have single/dedicated cords, the Y-cable effectively enables you to plug (2) paddle controllers into the same port to mimic the standard Atari paddles.

I've used the paddles on the Gemini controllers without the Y-cable to play Kaboom. It was a long time ago but if I recall correctly, the dial itself worked fine, but the fire button on the Gemini controller does not map to the same pin as the fire button on the standard paddle, so that button did nothing. I think I had press joystick left on the Gemini controller to get bombs falling in Kaboom.

Yes they work with all models of 2600. I use the Gemini controller all the time. Iactually prefer the gemini controller over the Atari one. It seems less stiff. Also, I've used the paddle on Circus Atari without the Y splitter and it worked fine for me. I currently have a Jr. hooked up. There are also 2 versions of the controller. One that says in the middle "Gemini video game system" and another that says "Duel Command" in the middle.

Edited by GeekDragon