IGNORED

While driving yesterday...

erichenneke

... saw this van in my neighborhood, on Mesa near Steck.

I was tempted to follow and talk the person, but decided that would make me a stalker!

Would this be anyone here? Albert by chance? :)

post-38281-0-57446500-1517839894_thumb.jpg

Well, regardless... cool bumper sticker collection!

I especially like the Fuji Austin, I need to get one of those.

-Eric

• Like 5

Are we to assume the Austin Fuji is in reference to Austin, TX? I lived in Canyon Lake until 2 years ago, about 30 minutes south of Austin. Anywho, it wasn't me. But then I've never done stickers on my vehicles except one from the state.

Don't you know? We're all rocket scientists, or meteorologists from NASA here at AtariAge!

Or at least are smart enough to be, but are too big of slackers wasting time on our ancient Atari's! ;)

• Like 2

I wonder what "Blue October" is? I had friends in a band in the 80's called Red October,...But these days you never know...I'd hope it's a band but it could just as easily be a store, a bar, a video game, a micro brew...

Check out their song James. Wicked bass player in that band!

• Like 1

Yeah, I assume it's the band Blue October. :) Here's a video, chosen because of the Falcon Heavy launch attempt today.

..Al

That does go well with the launch! Thanks Al! And Thanks Stephen and a8isa1!

Yeah I could have Googled it, of course, but I felt more like posting what I thought in the moment...I sometimes kind of like a stream of consciousness, thinking out loud approach....Although my friend's band was a long time ago, and more of a high school, first band, garage band kind of thing, named after the sub in the book but before the movie. Who would have thought that someday there'd be bands called Red October And Blue October? :)

• Like 1

Anyway, back to the van I realized that Daihatsu has sold various versions of their Hijet mini vans as Atrai (mainly on the Japanese market?) since 1981. I suppose that was as little brand infingement as planet Irata was, and of course atari originated from a move in Go so it wasn't a unique, made up name.

• Like 1