IGNORED

Intellivision Discord

Hey everyone! I've created an all encompassing Intellivision discord where people can discuss highscoring, speedrunning, or just casually talk about their favorite Intellivision games. The purpose is to try and get knowledgeable and impassioned Intellivision players from all corners of the internet discuss Intellivision strategy, trivia, etc. in a place that many people check pretty often:

https://discord.gg/jHh7TrV

Each game in the Intellivision library will be separated into a different channel. @ the name of the game and you'll notify all members with that game as their role.

Post in #general or DM me if you would like me to add a channel for another game or assign you roles for the games you like.

• Like 2

I thought this thread was going to be about the discord among the community lately. Camps being divided, people getting out of the hobby, selling their collections, etc. :lol:

Definition of discord:

a : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)

… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained? —Sir Winston Churchill

b : active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : strife marital discord discord between the two parties

• Like 2

I thought it'd be a neat idea since so many people use Discord now, and nobody (that I know of) has created one exclusively for the Intellivision and such. Personally, I like it better discussing things in a chatroom than in a forum setting, but to each their own. That being said, it seems like there's a wealth of information about various Intellivision games on this site so I'll be hangin around here too :D

• Like 4

I've always been very interested in speedrunning, although mostly with later systems, but it's cool to see older consoles like the Intellivision enter into the world of speedrunning. I've heard of Discord from RetroRGB and others but have never really looked into it. I'll give it a shot sometime. :)

I thought it'd be a neat idea since so many people use Discord now, and nobody (that I know of) has created one exclusively for the Intellivision and such. Personally, I like it better discussing things in a chatroom than in a forum setting, but to each their own. That being said, it seems like there's a wealth of information about various Intellivision games on this site so I'll be hangin around here too :D

Just know that no good deed goes unpunished here. :-)

• Like 1

Webrings always seemed like Trojan horses to me, most of the time redirecting me from the intended site to somewhere else in the ring and then I had to go back in the browser to remain on the page I wished to visit. Also I would prefer a star net over a ring, as it isn't certain that your next neighbour is the most obvious choice where to go next.

• 3 years later...
On 2/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, TheWinslinator said:

I got onto Discord about a year ago, and I had searched for "Intellivision" but didn't find this server until now.  I know there's a server out there for "Aquarius Computer", where there was a little discussion about the Intellivision ECS at one point.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:52 AM, save2600 said:

I thought this thread was going to be about the discord among the community lately. Camps being divided, people getting out of the hobby, selling their collections, etc. :lol:

Definition of discord:

a : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)

… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained? —Sir Winston Churchill

b : active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : strife marital discord discord between the two parties

Lol, that's why I clicked.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zendocon said:

I got onto Discord about a year ago, and I had searched for "Intellivision" but didn't find this server until now.  I know there's a server out there for "Aquarius Computer", where there was a little discussion about the Intellivision ECS at one point.

Yep, I made that one. I’d love to advertise it here but I’m not going to try to take the focus away from the Intellivision discord server. Perhaps the Intellivision server could have a channel for the Aquarius?