IGNORED

Broken Atari 2600 piece

agb

Well I believe specifically he is referring to the spade fork terminal connectors. He may have a very old TV he is connecting it to which doesn't have coax input. https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Wire-Spade-Fork-Connector-Blue-Vinyl-Terminal-10-Car-Audio-Speaker-Amp-New/201103574270?hash=item2ed2b504fe:g:Ko8AAMXQpPhTkida

• Like 1

That old coax to spade I forgot all about.. thats how I would hook up my 2600 to my old zenith! I miss you and your uhf dial and how when ya shut her down that little glow in the centre of the screen. Pull the knob for power for another game of missle command.

Crazy thing that my childhood tv still works well 8 years ago I tried... too big to move its the size of a deepfreeze almost.

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 2

That old coax to spade I forgot all about.. thats how I would hook up my 2600 to my old zenith!

Crazy thing that my childhood tv still works well 8 years ago I tried... too big to move its the size of a deepfreeze almost.

From Wiki:

Due to the use of chassis construction (and the high quality components), Zenith televisions and radios of the 1950s to 1970s found today are often still working well, needing little work to restore them to like-new operating condition. For many years, their famous slogan was "The quality goes in before the name goes on."

From Zenith.com:

Founded on radio engineering, Zenith soon became a leader in other consumer electronics developments, such as the first all-electronic TV station (1939), the first FM radio station in the Midwest (1940) and the world’s first subscription TV system known as “PhoneVision” (1947). Zenith pioneered AM and FM radio broadcasting—including the invention of the stereo FM radio broadcast system, authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1961 and still in use worldwide—and played a key role in developing broadcast standards for black-and-white and color television.

Zenith engineers co-developed the multichannel television sound (MTS) transmission system adopted by the industry for stereo TV broadcasts (1984), and received an Emmy (1986) for pioneering work on development of MTS stereo TV. Other noteworthy Zenith television innovations include TV receivers with “Sound by Bose” (1986) and “Dolby Surround Sound” (1988), as well as the first TVs with built-in closed caption decoders (1991), the first TVs with built-in on screen electronic program guide (1994), and the first TVs with a track-ball operated remote control (1995).

• Like 2

From Wiki:

Due to the use of chassis construction (and the high quality components), Zenith televisions and radios of the 1950s to 1970s found today are often still working well, needing little work to restore them to like-new operating condition. For many years, their famous slogan was "The quality goes in before the name goes on."

From Zenith.com:

Founded on radio engineering, Zenith soon became a leader in other consumer electronics developments, such as the first all-electronic TV station (1939), the first FM radio station in the Midwest (1940) and the worlds first subscription TV system known as PhoneVision (1947). Zenith pioneered AM and FM radio broadcastingincluding the invention of the stereo FM radio broadcast system, authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1961 and still in use worldwideand played a key role in developing broadcast standards for black-and-white and color television.

Zenith engineers co-developed the multichannel television sound (MTS) transmission system adopted by the industry for stereo TV broadcasts (1984), and received an Emmy (1986) for pioneering work on development of MTS stereo TV. Other noteworthy Zenith television innovations include TV receivers with Sound by Bose (1986) and Dolby Surround Sound (1988), as well as the first TVs with built-in closed caption decoders (1991), the first TVs with built-in on screen electronic program guide (1994), and the first TVs with a track-ball operated remote control (1995).

I knew they were great!
  • Like 1