IGNORED

Intellivision Presents: 2018 Winter Olympic Hockey - Fight For The Cup!

atarifan88

Fight For The Cup

Intellivision Presents:
2018 Winter Olympic Hockey
Fight For The Cup!

I have decided to use the much improved Super Pro Hockey game now titled "Fight For The Cup" to simulate the entire 2018 Winter Olympic Hockey Tournament. I want to see how close it predicts the group outcomes and the winner. How will I do this? I will place all 12 teams in their current groups and give them a skill number in the game based on their 2017 IIHF World Ranking HERE.

Knowing there are individual skill levels in the game (4=Super Pro, 3=Pro, 2=Rookie, 1=Amateur), each team will be assigned the following skill level:

Group A:

Canada (4)

Czech Rep (4)

Switzerland (3)

South Korea (1)

Group B:

Russia (4)

USA (4)

Slovakia (2)

Slovenia (2)

Group C:

Sweden (4)

Finland (4)

Norway (3)

Germany (3)

This should separate the winners from the losers or the better team (hopefully). At the very least this will hopefully prove to be an interesting simulation. Feel free to follow progress of this thread as I update the groups after each set of games are played in the first round. Then, I plan on re-ranking the teams and simulate a single elimination tournament, the same format as what will be played out in the real Olympics. Enjoy the Intellivision Olympic Hockey as they Fight For The Cup!

• Like 4

Group A has completed their first set of games. In the first game Czech Rep blew past host South Korea 4-1. In a surprise turn of events in the second game, Switzerland upset Canada 3-2 in a seesaw battle! Here are the Group A standings after the first set of games:

GA1

Group B games will take place tonight...

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2

And from the nightcap we have yet another upset! Slovakia blanked Russia 1-0! Looks like this doping scandal has gone to the Russian's heads... :rolling:

Also, USA skated past Slovenia 3-0. So after the first set of games, here are the Group B standings:

GB1

Tomorrow Group C will begin play...

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

I know right! I blame the amateur blood (i.e. lack of NHL presence). I can hardly wait for tomorrow! :grin:

lol ,that's right raw untainted talent, Im sure there will be a lot of NHL scouts watching.

Let the games continue. Have your beer cold and ready as these first few games have indicated anything is possible in

Intellivision

2018 Winter Olympic Hockey - Fight For The Cup!

• Like 1

Well said IMBerzerk !!!

LOL! I see what you did there m-crew. Gotta love that Canadian passion for the greatest sport on earth (which to clarify is Hockey - in case Cmart comes in here and says it's curling)!

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

LOL! I see what you did there m-crew. Gotta love that Canadian passion for the greatest sport on earth (which to clarify is Hockey - in case Cmart comes in here and says it's curling)!

lol, Couldn't resist that for sure.. It was a gimme

Curling !!!

or

Cmart might say that he luvs to Curl-in with Rev.. :P

Lol! To be clear, I am a hard core hockey nut, but when the Olympics are on you can bet I will be cheering hard for the Canadian curling teams as well. Its gold or bust for Canada in these two sports, both for mens and womens.

Group C has completed their games and there was no lack of drama. Finland came back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Germany in the first overtime game of the tournament 4-3! In the other contest, Norway makes a huge statement by shutting out Sweden 4-0! Here is how the Group C standings look:

GC1

There will be no games tonight, but action will resume with Group A playing Friday, and Group B and C playing Saturday & Sunday respectively. Stay tuned! :music:
Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1