IGNORED

Using DirMaster with XU1541 and OpenCBM

OLD CS1

For anyone who has not used this program, DirMaster by Style is quite awesome. I have used it to create disk images, as well as move files in and out of images like D64, D71, D81, and even CMD "native partitions." I also includes the ability to open many different Commodore archives such as ARC, LBR, and SDA, and you can work directly with ZipCode files (1!, 2!, etc.) If that is not enough, you can view GEOS files, preview files with Windows Explorer integration... just go look for yourself, it is quite amazing.

Nice program, easy interface, and really fun. I discovered by accident it also supports the opencbm drivers when I had no drives turned on and the xu1541 plugged in. The program froze trying to do anything. But turn on the drives and a menu option "CBM Drives" becomes available, as well as other features related to real-world disks.

Well, except that the options do not seem to work. As of v3.0 this is listed as "experimental" but I am having problems with v3.1.1.

Does anyone have any successful experiences using DirMaster with opencbm devices such as the XU1541? Whenever I try to perform an action on a real disk drive, like writing a D81 to floppy, the "Choose Floppy" requester pops up but clicking or double-clicking on a drive does nothing. As well, there is apparently no documentation past v3.0.

I am quite happy to revert to CBMXfer if necessary but being able to directly manipulate images and disks and files and everything is rather brilliant.