IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback rarity and prices

Rev

Here's my theory. Despite availability of relatively lower priced Atari Flashbacks over the years, the huge influx of recent interest in Classic NES/SNES mini consoles has shifted people's expectations for what to expect to pay for a retro Flashback. When $80+ is the new norm, $60 for Intellivision isn't terrible. Maybe it's time for me to unload my spare Intellivision Flashback with BSR signed CGE sleeve and complete set of supplemental overlays...

• Like 1

They have way more games on them and still cheaper as you can see here.. not that I really have looked for them.

Classic NES/SNES mini consoles

400 games-- https://www.ebay.ca/i/253307873273?chn=ps&dispItem=1

500 games https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NES-Classic-Edition-MINI-Console-500-Games-2-Controllers-Free-Shipping/222826609555?hash=item33e1803b93:g:MhcAAOSwWLBaFQHp

Compared to 60 or 61

Look on ePay. Sold items option.

A lot of Inty Flashbacks are selling in 80 to 100 range. I remember seeing (and buying) several at dollar general for 10 bucks!

I remember when you all were buying them for that price ,up here Bed and Bath still were selling them for the 50 and 60 cdn still, what sucked was I went to Minnesota for (edited) that summer drove from Toronto stopped at several dollar general stores and they were all out of them .. But all had tones of Atari flashbacks.. I just really wanted them for the controller's..

Edited by m-crew

They have way more games on them and still cheaper as you can see here.. not that I really have looked for them.

Classic NES/SNES mini consoles

400 games-- https://www.ebay.ca/i/253307873273?chn=ps&dispItem=1

500 games https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NES-Classic-Edition-MINI-Console-500-Games-2-Controllers-Free-Shipping/222826609555?hash=item33e1803b93:g:MhcAAOSwWLBaFQHp

Compared to 60 or 61

These are cheap fakes. So its not comparable to licensed stuff.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

Yes. The Classic NES had 30 games, the Classic SNES 21. Look at the actual console, it says "Entertainment System". There is no mentioning of Nintendo. But even if it doesnt matter, because there are no variants in the number of games. Its always 30 and 21.

Good to know, I just checked ebay and that's what came up. I Don't collect for either of those systems.

thanks for the info for the uninformed.. ;) :)

I use OfferUp and Letgo and I've gotten these Intv FB for $10-20 bucks.

The hard part is that you need to be local, so your particular area can have no listings.

Luckily I travel a fair bit. I've got a trip in the planning stages for the Portland area, and there is one listed in that area for $20

I noticed that as well...the prices for the FB are BS. Its just sellers pushing the limits and using "buy it now" options. Not really fair and driving the retro console prices over the top just like Barret-jackson auctions do with lesser valued old cars. Is a 1973 AMC Gremlin worth 75K? No, but if someone is willing to pay... it is.

Shouldn't pay more than $40 for an FB. It's a nice little unit, but not for $120.

Unless you're just the right kind of crazy completionist who desperately wants to round out your Flashback overlay variant collection.*

received_10215196744728681.jpeg

received_10215196744528676.jpeg

received_10215196745088690.jpeg

*I am not.

Oh no !!! Lol

You don't know what you just have started.

Lol. :P

Edited by m-crew

Unless you're just the right kind of crazy completionist who desperately wants to round out your Flashback overlay variant collection.*

received_10215196744728681.jpeg

received_10215196744528676.jpeg

received_10215196745088690.jpeg

*I am not.

Are those ink discrepancies or prototypes? Pretty cool, but beyond my current level of variant sickness :D

• Like 1

Neither - both packs came from boxed Flashbacks.

There are some definite ink variations that happen - I've seen a very slightly olive green version of B-17 Bomber and two close-but-not-quite shades of purple on something from I think one of the space games (can't remember the game, just remember purple), but these were completely different colors and matched pairs in their respective packs. Weird. Curious about it, but not enough to hunt down a second Flashback with the other set. Especially at those prices! When did that even happen?

The Astrosmash one had to be intentional. It's kinda cool/funny since the variation already existed in the wild.

Regarding pricing, I think it's simply that people are too lazy to actually check a brick and mortar store. The ones that still sell Intellivision Flashbacks either don't list them on their websites or they have them listed as 'out of stock'. If you try to Google it the only ones online are secondary retailers that mark them up substantially. That said, I haven't checked any local stores lately, so maybe they're just selling out :ponder:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

The supplier that Intellivision Productions used to get them from sold out when - according to Keith - one company / person bought what they had left, which was something around 400 Flashbacks. No idea what they paid for them, but I imagine it wasn't much if they were buying that many at once. Maybe these are the ones now appearing on eBay?

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1