IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback rarity and prices

Rev

The supplier that Intellivision Productions used to get them from sold out when - according to Keith - one company / person bought what they had left, which was something around 400 Flashbacks. No idea what they paid for them, but I imagine it wasn't much if they were buying that many at once. Maybe these are the ones now appearing on eBay?

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

If that's the case ,I really hope no one purchase's any so they drop the prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Are they ? Even the 2nd one listed?

The second one is a legit NES Mini - but after-market hacked to have more games. It's really easy to add more games to one - you can even turn an NES Mini into an SNES Mini or vice versa. (Although if you do the NES-to-SNES route, you'd better pick up the SNES controllers, too.) I have a SNES Mini that I've loaded a bunch of extra games on to, and have it "dual-boot" between NES mode and SNES mode. As mentioned, the real NES mini has 30 games, the real SNES mini 21.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

about $40 to $50 in the arabic emirates?

https://www.virginmegastore.ae/gaming/retro-gaming/intellivision-flashback-classic-console-with-built-in-60-games/p/222207

those poor sheiks - sorry emirs

(could it be? ....nah, never)

very unkind

Virgin does not deliver to any residence outside of the United Arab Emirates.

not only that we can't buy them - how many they will have in stock and they will never leave the emirates?

they are really greedy!

(can they at all read latin letters? whatfor they need them? shall play domino or someting)

we need a commando, immediately call the president.

Edited by Gernot

$70

https://www.worldsgamestore.com/store/p142/INTELLIVISION_FLASHBACK.html

how many % is that for the wallmart 3rd party seller?

and i have already an idea who that ominous 3rd party seller could be - virgin games from uae.

divorced or not my berber woman was right "the arabs are all bandits".

Edited by Gernot

• 1 month later...

I noticed that too ... except calculated shipping to me was over $30, negating any savings. I don't think that's the actual price, just someone playing games with prices.

I wish this machine would go back into production just so we'd have a good source for replacement controllers. Still $60 or so it's terrible, just not cheap.

If I can find one for $20 for real, I'll ship it to Byte Knight for the "Ultimate" treatment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

$63 shipping to Canada. Making the total cost Just about $200 USD. You Americans do realize that not everyone needs "Priority Express" shipping, right? Just send it via donkey for 10 bucks, I can wait. :P

Seriously, why does everyone always pick the most expensive shipping option?

If I hadn't made it to CGE 2014, I'd totally be buying this, stupid pricing and all. I can't believe there are any left, knowing this crowd of speculators and hoarders.

The Last 79 bundle

THE LAST 79 BUNDLE > INTELLIVISION FLASHBACK + AUTOGRAPHED SLEEVE + MANY OTHER GOODIES! #THELAST79

$ 129.79

We've dubbed these "The Last 79" because they really and truly are the lastFlashback consoles we have in stock and no one has anymore, anywhere! Plus, the original Intellivision debuted in 1979 so we are paying tribute to that great year!

So we really mean it when we say these are VERY LIMITED in quantity, and once they're gone, they're gone. Here is what you get with this incredible bundle:

1. Intellivision Flashback console (made in 2014). Includes 60 games, 2 handcontrollers, 10 sets of overlays, power supply, instruction manual (for console only). Game list can be seen here.

2. Supplemental Overlays Pack, for the remaining 50 games! So ALL games have a pair of corresponding overlays.

3.Limited Edition Numbered Sleeve - Autographed by 9 Blue Sky Rangers (list below) and handnumbered by Blue Sky Ranger Stephen Roney. Numbers are from 2 to 79 (we will be auctioning #1 soon). Order early if you want a low number! Sleeve designed by Joshua Ballze.

4. Intellivision Hi-Fi CD - A full hour of all your favorite Intellivision music and sounds! Complete track list here.

5. Twin Galaxies/The Walter Day Collection Trading Cards - Set of 22 cards featuring bestselling Intellivision games + bonus Keith Robinson card! Full list of cards here. NOTE: We only have 30 of these trading cards, so be one of the first 30 to order to get them!

6. Intellivision Game Club Membership card - personalize with your name!

7. FREE ADMISSION Ticket for one to the National Videogame Museum in Frisco, Texas. No expiration date!

8. Three different Intellivision pins

9. Two MAKING IT Comic Books - written and illustrated by the late and great Keith Robinson.

10. Last but not least...FREE U.S. SHIPPING!

List of Blue Sky Rangers autographs

• Stephen Roney
  • William "Bill" Fisher
  • Bob Newstadt
  • John P. Sohl
  • David Warhol
  • Mark Kennedy
  • Peter Kaminski
  • Julie Hoshizaki
  • Connie Goldman

...Unless a Flashback 2 is finally announced, maybe?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/279165-what-happen-to-the-bsr-site/?p=4036242

With today's announcement from Intellivision Entertainment on their new console, it would seem extremely unlikely there will be a FB2. Maybe Bill L can chime in on that, but even if AtGames wanted to make one now it is hard to see that they would get the license renewed.

I'd still pay AtGames $20 just for a pair new Intellivision II-compatible controllers.

With today's announcement from Intellivision Entertainment on their new console, it would seem extremely unlikely there will be a FB2. Maybe Bill L can chime in on that, but even if AtGames wanted to make one now it is hard to see that they would get the license renewed.

I'd still pay AtGames $20 just for a pair new Intellivision II-compatible controllers.

Agreed. I was totally guessing prior to the announcement. I should have guessed bigger :D

I was able to grab one. I got the e-mail announcement at 5:00 AM EST, when I woke up, so I guess I was rather early. I also had a credit in my PayPal account, which I had forgotten, so it came to about $50 in total. Not bad. :)

-dZ.

• 1 month later...

Intellivision Productions is selling barebones Intellivision Flashback units for $9.99 - power supply only - no controllers and no overlays.

https://intellivision-productions-inc.myshopify.com/products/intellivision-flashback-unit-power-only-no-handcontrollers-no-box-no-overlays

Kinda hard to play with it without controllers.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have replacement/spare controllers listed for sale on their site anymore :sad:

If you want to rebuild it into an Ultimate Intellivision Flashback, then this is a good deal and you can use other controllers/joysticks/pads etc until spare FB controllers can be had

Intellivision Productions is selling barebones Intellivision Flashback units for $9.99 - power supply only - no controllers and no overlays.

https://intellivision-productions-inc.myshopify.com/products/intellivision-flashback-unit-power-only-no-handcontrollers-no-box-no-overlays

Kinda hard to play with it without controllers.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have replacement/spare controllers listed for sale on their site anymore :sad:

If you want to rebuild it into an Ultimate Intellivision Flashback, then this is a good deal and you can use other controllers/joysticks/pads etc until spare FB controllers can be had

The spare controllers are all gone, and unfortunately AT Games has no intention of making more.