IGNORED

How many original releases are there?

mr_intv

Ok, sorry if this has been discussed prior, but I was just going over my collection. How is PacMan officially classified? It was released by Atarisoft and Intv Corp. Is it 126 releases but only 125 games, after the title screen and cart design, the gameplay is exactly the same isnt it? Would it not be counted as 2 releases if seperate developers (Home brewers) released it today? I think instances of MLB Baseball, Big League Baseball And Baseball are still just 1 release as they are all the same game by the same company(Mattel). Does that make sense?

Oh no a can of worms has just been opened..(we have been through this years ago)but I go by the official amount of release's during the commercial run of the intellivision life span. (not counting regional or rebranded for region or brand name examples CBS,Sears ext)

I have always insisted its 126 as you can see from my signature..

Its considered 1 release

The question is who considers this one release and what make them the authority to deicide its one release.

Just asking and just because one person out of everyone involved in the Mattel ,InTv , Intellivision inc say's does not make it so.. That's my opinion not meant to jump on anyone else's

Would not both companies be credited with a release though? Im thinking that releases and games are something different. 126 releases but 125 games.

also triple challenge has three already released games with no changes but a compilation of games in one release..