IGNORED

Info for those using a PSP for emulation. Cheap Memory Card alternative.

RamrodHare

Some of you may already be aware of this, but I thought I'd take the time to post about it for those who don't know. The PSP is a really good handheld emulator system, but the cost of the Memory Sticks are a real pain.

The Sony Memory Cards for the PSP are really expensive. Especially new ones. Most PSP games are rather large and having emulators with loads of games takes up space pretty quick too. If you already have a Sony brand 32GB card, I don't think my info will be of much use, unless you want a second 32GB card.

OK, on to my point.

There are white adapters that fit the PSP and allow you to use two micro SD cards at one time. After testing, I found this to work with two 16GB micro SD cards perfectly! Once formatted in the PSP, it sees it as a single card. I paid $4.19 with free shipping for the adapter on eBay and got a pair of 16GB Sandisk micro SD cards for $15 with free shipping. That means for a little less than $20, I now have a 32GB card in my PSP. I intend to try and test the adapter with larger cards as well, but for now, this is still MUCH cheaper than the Sony cards and works just as well. Another plus, is that most people already have some micro SD cards kicking around, since so many things use them now. That means you may only need the adapter. If you happen to have two 32GB micro SD cards, you could test the adapter with them. If it works, you now have a 64GB card for your PSP!

A little more info on the adapter.

It's white and says PhotoFast CR-5400 MS Pro Duo Dual Slot Adapter Micro SD HC. I've read on some forums that the newest PSP firmware (both factory and custom) allow the PSP to now recognize up to 256GB, but this adapter may not be compatible with micro SD cards bigger than 16GB each, which is why it needs to be tested. There's also a black adapter, but I'm not sure if it is any different, other than the color.

The PSP can emulate almost all the older systems, so if you are going that route and only have an 8 or 16GB card, this is a cheap way to upgrade your storage capacity.

I'll try to test it with 32GB cards soon and let everyone know if it works or not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a similar adapter and it works fine with a single 32GB card. I may upgrade to 64GB at some point but not right now. I can't see why it can't do 128 or higher.

If it don't support sdxc, then the most you'll get is 64Gb with dual 32gb cards. What happens if you take out one of the sd cards to read it in a computer? Kind of a kludge if you can't easily modify files on the card by basic drag and drop.

You don't have to take out the card - you can simply hook up the PSP to a computer with the USB plug on the top and access the card that way. I just may get a 64GB card and try to use it. If it don't work I can use it for something else.

• 2 weeks later...