IGNORED

Microvision replacement screen project - pre-order & purchase here

5-11under

It's tough to get a good picture, but here's what the prototype looks like:

post-3127-0-87866500-1526337427.png

It looks and works great. Besides the scratches that are on the game I'm playing, the LCD looks pristine. There's one thing, however, that I'll need to contact the supplier about. The range of the contrast isn't wide enough. Even with the contrast as low as it will go, the pixels that are off are still showing somewhat dark. It looked barely/almost good enough. I had to solder in a resistor in parallel with one of the existing resistors to get the contrast in a good range. Hopefully the supplier will be able to fix this. I'll keep you posted.

One cool thing is that the front and rear polarizers are fixed onto the glass of the LCD. No extra parts to install incorrectly.

• Like 13

That looks amazing! I would like to increase my order from 2 to 3 if we are still allowed to add to our order.

Thanks and nice work!

Yep, pre-orders are still open. I'll give at least one week official notice, after getting the contrast figured out.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifMV01-Proto.PNG

It looks and works great. Besides the scratches that are on the game I'm playing, the LCD looks pristine. There's one thing, however, that I'll need to contact the supplier about. The range of the contrast isn't wide enough. Even with the contrast as low as it will go, the pixels that are off are still showing somewhat dark. It looked barely/almost good enough. I had to solder in a resistor in parallel with one of the existing resistors to get the contrast in a good range. Hopefully the supplier will be able to fix this. I'll keep you posted.

One cool thing is that the front and rear polarizers are fixed onto the glass of the LCD. No extra parts to install incorrectly.

EXCELLENT! really looking forward to getting the two I preordered, I think I would like to increase it to three now if that is ok. I have another micro vision in need of a new scree :P

• Like 1

attachicon.gifMV01-Proto.PNG

How hard were they to install? Pretty straight forward? Basic soldering?

It looks fantastic, awesome work on this!

• Like 1