IGNORED

Microvision replacement screen project - pre-order & purchase here

5-11under

1 minute ago, mikebola said:

I think you're missing how someone has been dragging another creator through the mud, and challenging loyalties of people interested in their product over yours.

I'm not knocking you for missing it. I know you're busy.

It still makes no sense to me how someone else's words, someone who has nothing to do with either of the projects in question, seems to be affecting you so greatly.

If you respect his words, then pay attention, but if you don't respect his words, then don't pay attention to him, and don't let him influence you. Personally, I listen to my family Doctor, but I pay no attention to Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

It still makes no sense to me how someone else's words, someone who has nothing to do with either of the projects in question, seems to be affecting you so greatly.

If you respect his words, then pay attention, but if you don't respect his words, then don't pay attention to him, and don't let him influence you. Personally, I listen to my family Doctor, but I pay no attention to Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil.

It's not just me. It's plenty of people. Including the other creator. He's divided a small fan group with his attitude.

I guess my point is, why do you care that people are voicing their being concerned by his words, but don't seem to mind that his words are upsetting people?

Edited by mikebola

53 minutes ago, mikebola said:

people like you bring all of those projects down.

Nope. That is not possible.

34 minutes ago, mikebola said:

I think you're missing how someone has been dragging another creator through the mud, and challenging loyalties of people interested in their product over yours.

Again, No. There was no challenge to loyalties. You are picking what you want, twisting it how you wish it was stated and straight up fabricating your narrative as you go to fit your perception. Your intent to cast a shadow or accredit me with any sort of blame for anything negative here is unfounded. I have no clue what is going on between your ears to come to those conclusions and make such accusations but you are wrong. It's all here in black and white telling the story exactly how it is. A child could figure this out with ease. I'm done here. Say whatever you like. I'm not giving this subject anymore value.

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Nope. That is not possible.

Again, No. There was no challenge to loyalties. You are picking what you want, twisting it how you wish it was stated and straight up fabricating your narrative as you go to fit your perception. Your intent to cast a shadow or accredit me with any sort of blame for anything negative here is unfounded. I have no clue what is going on between your ears to come to those conclusions and make such accusations but you are wrong. It's all here in black and white telling the story exactly how it is. A child could figure this out with ease. I'm done here. Say whatever you like. I'm not giving this subject anymore value.

It's strange that other people aside from me have gone on the defensive in regards to your comments, yet you think I'm making it up. Okay.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:27 AM, 5-11under said:

You need your own thread, because this thread is all about the status and comments regarding my project, and one day my orders, positive and negative feedback, and whatever else comes up.

Yep, I agree, kicked.  Anyone else, aside from mikebola?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we should all just be thankful that there are new screens being made. Neither guy making them was nasty about it all and nobody else should be either. 

I bought a couple from the new guy and i will honor my pre orders with Harvey as well when he has them available. 

Worst case i have some extra screens and thats ok with me. :) I will just have to get more microvisions then!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shawn said:

Um no. He milked Harvey's thread for all he could until he was asked to leave after he proclaimed he wanted to stay around. 

Look I feel everyone needs to cool it. And to claim this other guy was l

Milking it is a stretch.  We all had been asking got nothing,  not a response.  

This happens alot on Atariage.  Ive been waiting a year and others 2 or more years to get a response from a guy to make nuon controllers. Of which hes already made in the past and sold then states more are coming and nothing for years. So spare everyone the drama.  511 is no doubt busy and I get that. But it only takes a couple of minutes to update your thread and give your interested ones that update.  I was there when the other person came in and took on the project as well. Yet 511 hadn't responded not once till months later. Telling me it wasn't that important to him.  You can say what you want but in the end dropping in once a month to let everyone know your still trying, goes a long ways. I get alerts when this thread has new comments as well as others. And I'm not the originator of it. Yet 511 not once responded when that other person jumped in. Why is that? Because he wasn't making it a priority.  Not interested, not at least all those months this thread went dark. I watched people come every month asking about it and zero response. As I said earlier this isnt uncommon on Atariage so sorry if you think people have lost faith because its been a repeat experience on here. 

Also I might add that if it wasn't for that other guy who knows how long 511 would have taken to move this along.  

Might have been the necessary fire under the feet this project needed. IMHO 

• Thanks 1

I've been holding my tongue, because I didn't want Harvey's thread to continue with this garbage, but it doesn't stop.

It's crap form to go in someone else's project thread and start posting about a competing project. You start your own thread and drum up your own damn interest.

It would be like me noticing that Walmart was out of some item, so I setup my stand and start selling that good right in their store. They're have no competing product at the moment, so fair is fair, right? It would light a "necessary fire" under their feet to get the product back in, so really I'd be a hero.

This is hobby project space, and six months is a blink of an eye. But I get it... people want screens so badly they're willing to overlook bad manners. Whatever. Go light your necessary fires somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RevEng said:

I've been holding my tongue, because I didn't want Harvey's thread to continue with this garbage, but it doesn't stop.

It's crap form to go in someone else's project thread and start posting about a competing project. You start your own thread and drum up your own damn interest.

It would be like me noticing that Walmart was out of some item, so I setup my stand and start selling that good right in their store. They're have no competing product at the moment, so fair is fair, right? It would light a "necessary fire" under their feet to get the product back in, so really I'd be a hero.

This is hobby project space, and six months is a blink of an eye. But I get it... people want screens so badly they're willing to overlook bad manners. Whatever. Go light your necessary fires somewhere else.

It isnt that hard to understand. The original poster had other priorities. And some other guy was nice enough to tell about his project. How else should we learn about it? And we all getting the notifications about this thread. So does the OP. And he havent reacted for months (besides a ton of notifications). So he clearly had other priorities. And thats why the only users with bad manners are the ones which insulting the user which helped us getting screens. Without him there wont be any progress at all on this topic!

• Confused 1

100% agree, except (or maybe especially):

1 hour ago, Relicgamer said:

Telling me it wasn't that important to him. [...] Because he wasn't making it a priority.  Not interested, not at least all those months this thread went dark.

Damn straight! This project "is" important to, but not "that" important to me. From about May to about October, this was absolutely nowhere near the top of my personal priority list. In fact, I had less than zero interest in this project. Like it or not, that's the way it was. Fin.

Back to our regularly scheduled broadcast... the local reps of the LCD company have contacted the China office, who is now working on dialing in the correct contrast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:31 AM, 5-11under said:

100% agree, except (or maybe especially):

Damn straight! This project "is" important to, but not "that" important to me. From about May to about October, this was absolutely nowhere near the top of my personal priority list. In fact, I had less than zero interest in this project. Like it or not, that's the way it was. Fin.

Back to our regularly scheduled broadcast... the local reps of the LCD company have contacted the China office, who is now working on dialing in the correct contrast.

And thats totally fair. I mean its a vintage toy not a heart replacement.  I get it. All I was saying is is updates means alot even if you tell everyone you are putting this project on hold for a few months. Thats all I was getting at. 

It took a bit of time and back and forth discussion, but the LCD supplier was able to complete the formulation change, to allow for drop-in LCD replacement without any circuit changes required. They sent these pictures. I've requested a refresh of the quote, and I'm hoping to get payment and ordering completed within a week. As always, the current status is in the first post.

MV01.thumb.jpg.adefa6b37f302ce1f09cdeae0ca8f157.jpg   MV02.thumb.jpg.b806e3e09727ca30572ebfeda5ae03f4.jpg

• Like 6

Update: the LCD supplier will be making 5 samples of the adjusted screen, and sending those to me in about 10 days. It's probably the right thing to do - I don't want to receive a whole batch of units that aren't a good match. The bad news is it's a delay; the good news is it's 5 free samples.

• Like 2

Update: the 5 samples of the adjusted screen are being shipped out today or tomorrow. It'll probably take a week or so for those to arrive. If they work (and they should), I'll purchase a production order right away, which will take ~6 weeks to arrive. I'll probably also sell some of both of the prototypes, so keep an eye out for that (but don't reply or PM until I say so).

• Like 2

Update: Well, that was fast! The 5 adjusted samples have arrived. I just tried one out, and it looks good, and controls good!

I just put in a request for a production run. The quote is fresh, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to make the payment for it, and they'll start production.

• Like 4

Update: The production run has been paid for and ordered! Hopefully parts will arrive in about 6 weeks.

My next steps (notes for me perhaps as much as for you):

1. Wait for parts to arrive. Prepare online store in the meantime.
  2. Finalize price after all fees (customs, taxes) are paid.
    • Final price will likely be $17-19 each - I'll make sure it's my "best price" for the initial orders.
    • The price will be flat per unit (because mailing a bunch of orders in one shot will save lots of time).
    • Actually, there might be some very minor savings for higher quantities, because packaging cost per unit will be lower.
    • Shipping costs will be basically the actual cost.
  3. Inspection of all parts, and testing of a few of them.
  4. Send mass PMs to all who have expressed interest in this thread, with info on how to order.
  5. A few days later, open up orders to any/all.
  6. A couple of days later, book a chunk of time to mail out all orders.
  7. Raise the price a couple of dollars or so after the initial run (to account for my time processing individual orders).
  8. If I ever run out of parts at any point, order another batch, and continue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3