IGNORED

The Gram Kracker mega thread

acadiel

18 hours ago, pmk222 said:

After reading through all this and skimming through all the files, I'm thinking about potentially making one or two of these to play around with.

Out of curiosity, is there any information on the case? I know it's metal, but that's about it. With some dimensions, my boss and I may be able to come up with a few cases for these.

The other thing I noticed, the schematic document seemed to be blurry and in some cases impossible to read. Just wondering if it's still being worked on or if there is a higher quality scan, or something like that?

I, unfortunately, have only been able to view the files from my phone so I'm not sure if it's just a problem with downloading from android.

Thanks for your time

That's about as good as it gets for the schematics.  They were in my garage for over 30 years in the summer heat and at one point also suffered some water damage.  However, the resolution of the pics is good so you should be able to zoom in on them and see what you need to see.  I wish I still had the original case drawings but I'm afraid those are lost to history.  The mylars for the boards should be posted, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FALCOR4 said:

That's about as good as it gets for the schematics.  They were in my garage for over 30 years in the summer heat and at one point also suffered some water damage.  However, the resolution of the pics is good so you should be able to zoom in on them and see what you need to see.  I wish I still had the original case drawings but I'm afraid those are lost to history.  The mylars for the boards should be posted, though.

I was actually talking about the recreated version on whtech. I realize I didn't really specify, I apologize.

16 hours ago, videofx said:

the case measures :

6 inches long X 4 1/2 inches wide X 1 1/2 inches thick 

Thank you for taking the time to measure for me. With the mylars and the case measurements as well as knowing the distance between the pins, I may be able to work on a case once work gets less busy. If I do make a case, I'll post pictures.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FALCOR4 said:

Not that I'm aware of.  I started disassembling MSAVE6 a couple of years ago but got side tracked.

Both MSAVE/MSAVE6 need to have RESTORE <line number> added, as it was missed, and just RESTORE always goes to the lowest line number in the program that was MSAVEd.  I also don't know why they included CALL BYE, as all MSAVEd programs automatically exit to the TI title screen as soon as the BASIC program stops running!

On 5/2/2021 at 6:10 PM, Bill R Sullivan said:

Both MSAVE/MSAVE6 need to have RESTORE <line number> added, as it was missed, and just RESTORE always goes to the lowest line number in the program that was MSAVEd.  I also don't know why they included CALL BYE, as all MSAVEd programs automatically exit to the TI title screen as soon as the BASIC program stops running!

If we are talking about the same problem, it is an issue in the console programming and can't be used out of GRAM/GROM.  You may be able to write a routine that can be added to GRAM that fixes the issue?  I'm not heavy into BASIC so I defer to those who have the knowledge.  From Thierry's website; "

RESTORE command

Description: The RESTORE command in the Basic interpreter (in association with DATA, not with files) will only work if the program is placed in the VDP memory. It won't work for a program placed in GRAM/GROM.

Cause: This is because it imports data from the VDP directly instead of calling the dedicated routine that checks whether the program lies in VDP RAM or in GROM.

Fix: None that I can think of."

21 hours ago, FALCOR4 said:

If we are talking about the same problem, it is an issue in the console programming and can't be used out of GRAM/GROM.  You may be able to write a routine that can be added to GRAM that fixes the issue?  I'm not heavy into BASIC so I defer to those who have the knowledge.  From Thierry's website; "

RESTORE command

Description: The RESTORE command in the Basic interpreter (in association with DATA, not with files) will only work if the program is placed in the VDP memory. It won't work for a program placed in GRAM/GROM.

Cause: This is because it imports data from the VDP directly instead of calling the dedicated routine that checks whether the program lies in VDP RAM or in GROM.

Fix: None that I can think of."

Unfortunately you are probably correct.  I didn't think about it, as RESTORE works in BCART which runs in SuperCart or the two RAM banks of the MG GramKracker, so not an issue, and it was my work around plan in any case.  Thanks for the great explanation!

Yes, there is another solution; Winfred Winkler's Assembler/Editor resides in multiple GRAM banks, and has RESTORE to a variable containing a DATA line number, so if that code can be extracted we'll be in business or if he still around and see's this post.

Edited by Bill R Sullivan
added additional info

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

The DSK of GK Utilities, probably, but I've misplaced the GK Manual, and have not found it for my own use, yet.  Is it not on the WHTECH website?

I'm very busy right now with a TI USB keyboard issue, and house sitting along with two dogs for my daughter.  I'm also wondering how difficult it might be to make a 32K GRAM version like the 40K version I use because I have a TI Basic with the E/A INIT, LOAD, LINK, PEEK, POKEV, PEEKV, and CHARPAT.  This would allow E/A to be loaded at g>3000 for anyone not able to upgrade their standard GRAM KRACKER.

RetroBill (fdos)