IGNORED

The Gram Kracker mega thread

acadiel

22 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I think that the UTILS, are on the "release" disk. A lot of the filenames match-up with the ones from the GRAM Kracker manual, PDF...

1704898099_diskslistings.thumb.jpg.76d141d51959a26718ae0ac0153c4163.jpg

Close but no Cigar :) The release disk is the Gram Kracker disk that came with the Gram Kracker. I have that disk. Its not the utilities.

25 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Forgive me, I'm somewhat new to this. If these are not the utilities in question...

theutils.thumb.jpg.ed7eaa5b2c5e62c242c582f43e25cf39.jpg

...Tell me more...

Never-mind, I believe I'm making progress, I found this...

Texas Instrument Book: kracker-facts

So, I think... I got it this time...:party:

GKUTILITY.dsk 360 kB · 2 downloads

Sorry, that is a GK utility disk but not the one we are looking for. The utilities they are talking about in the manual come on the Gram Kracker disk. The utility disk is not discussed :) Thats why I want it :)

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 9.02.28 PM.png

Edited by videofx
  • Confused 1

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, FSword7 said:

Is that possible to put schematics into KiCad files?  KiCad is open-source CAD editor for electronics. 

I've been updating the various schematics for TI and third-party hardware for quite some time now to help ensure we have really clear copies of them. I tend to use Visio to build them, as I have a lot of the necessary building blocks/components built already (I started doing this with Visio, and every subsequent schematic added a component or three). There is a whole thread of schematics here on AtariAge. One advantage of this method is that if anyone finds an error, I can quickly update that file and upload the corrected version (and if something happens to me, several trusted folks have all of my raw files). One advantage of the PDF copies of these Visio files is that they scale up and down very well--if you have a giant printer, you can make crisp, clear prints in huge formats. The base file size I draw on is the A3 format, which is really close to the US 11x17 format, but they also downsize to Legal quite nicely. I have a set that I printed in 11x17 in an A3 Landscape binder and it works great (or you could use an A4 spring binder with the pages folded in like a standard bookshelf schematic book).

If you are trying to take the schematic and make a board layout, most of us doing boards use one of two software packages: KiCAD (because it is open source and the person using it started there and has their library of parts set up the way they like it to be) or ExpressPCB (because that was the software several of us started with and we now have extensive customized parts libraries in it).

ExpressPCB is also free to use, but it only allows you to export to transparencies to make your own boards--not to GERBER/Excellon format. Some of us bought copies of the Robot Room Copper Connection program when it was still available (ExpressPCB bought them out), which takes the ExpressPCB files and exports them to GERBER/Excellon format (or to Copper Connection format for further editing). This is the method I use.

• Like 4