IGNORED

RepliCade Presents: Tempest

NewWaveToys

I think considering the small size, the rotary not being a true "spinner" is understandable - I'm not sure how they could scale it down and still have enough weight to have that kind of inertia. But the issue with the lag is a dealbreaker - hopefully they can get that sorted out with a firmware update.

I received mine yesterday. Very nice looking. Game play is pretty decent, the tiny lag' doesnt bother me too much but the 'drift' component does irk me. If I stop moving the spinner, I expect the claw to stop immediately. This 'drift' feature is really something I wish they had included only as an 'option' that could be enabled/disabled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I stumbled upon this after seeing LGR do an unboxing on YouTube and went straight over and ordered. Then found this thread lol but, since they are limited edition I'm glad I have it coming regardless. I doubt I'll not like it enough to keep it since I'll most likely never afford the space to have a real full-size machine anytime in the near future, let alone find one for an affordable price.

$99 with free shipping. Does anyone know anything about the battery draining on the Tempest machine or not? I guess I should have looked into it more carefully but it seemed like a no-brainer,... not even sure if there's a direct outlet plug-in. I'm guessing not.