IGNORED

I bought a Atari 800 XL. Did I do good?

GeekDragon

It's in nice shape, but that's a bit steep.

That said, who cares. You just bought something that will last for decades and provide you hundreds of hours of entertainment. I don't regret any of the stuff I have bought over the years for this line, I play it as much as I do my Switch, truth be told. It's a fun system.

• Like 1

$200 was too much. I debated about $100 alittle, but pulled the trigger, since it had all the hook ups, plus the controller. It also works great. My sister got me E.T. Pone Home complete in box for chritmas and it plays great on it. Also it was the first one I have ever seen, I haven't been looking for one through. Plus they go for around this price on ebay. Yes I checked the sold prices.

Edited by GeekDragon
  • Like 1

Judging from the keyboard... That looks like a Hong Kong unit. Which means it's likely fully socketed chips, so upgrades should be easier if you decide to go that route later.

If you're new to Atari, I recommend getting a SIO2xxx so you can pay some games!

xxx= Sio2pc, Sio2SD, Sio2bt etc

After that a nice multicart, like MyIde II or Side2

Don't listen to the Nay-sayers. You did just fine. If it all works, no video issues, no sound issues....it works, YOU DID GOOD. Enjoy this Classic. It is a true classic. Atari sold a lot of XLs, but they are getting rarer, and rarer as time goes by. Get some things for it, and you will enjoy the community of Atarians. I have been one since 1983 and will stop when I pass to the great AtariLand above.