IGNORED

new power supply from commodore4ever

discgolfer72

anyone els have any experience with these

I just got one in the mail and the xformer was bouncing around inside , all the screws were loose and the shell had some spots where it was bent

the weird thing is the box itself showed no signs of mishandling and it seemed well packaged

I had to take it all the way apart and tighten all the screws (none were tight excpt for the 4 case screws

then last night I had a customer come in the store wanting to buy a floppy drive for his commodore

he mentioned buying one(power supply ) from the same seller

his was the same when it arrived (but missing screws)and it actually blew the fuse on his commodore as well as cooking his sid

he did say that the commodore4ever guy on ebay did replace the supply and fix his computer

but now its got me scared

should I even be using this thing

is it no better than an original

post-63035-0-73595800-1518712188_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72

looks like this guy is using the same setup as ray's m64/128 setup same case same ac transformer but a diffrent dc converter

i metered it and probed it and everything seems ok and steady and its workingon my vic-20

so overall at least its working

just off puting when i had a customer tell me his horror story and ine arrived like it did

looks like the guy doing these need to work on his hand stength so he can get the screws tight (im guessing thats what happend to the guy in my store a nut/washer must have been in the dc supply section and shorthed everything )

looks like this guy is using the same setup as ray's m64/128 setup same case same ac transformer but a diffrent dc converter

i metered it and probed it and everything seems ok and steady and its workingon my vic-20

so overall at least its working

just off puting when i had a customer tell me his horror story and ine arrived like it did

looks like the guy doing these need to work on his hand stength so he can get the screws tight (im guessing thats what happend to the guy in my store a nut/washer must have been in the dc supply section and shorthed everything )

ugg lol I need to proof read when typing on my tablet