IGNORED

I've finally gone and done it

OX.

Hello Ox!!! Good to see you here in our forum!

This pinned thread has an unbelievable amount of information for you... you will learn just about all you need to know to get started with this baby.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267055-new-to-the-group-ti-994a-faq-hardware-and-software-resources-read-first/page-1

Enjoy the read, and enjoy your new TI!!!

• Like 1

It seems that I initially need a NanoPeb as I need the additional 32k RAM and virtual disk access, does anyone still make/supply these?

Also can anyone explain why no-one makes a video lead for PAL systems? They are available for NTSC systems but not PAL and the recommendation is to mod the modulator to output composite video, seems strange as surely the modulator is only there in the first place to modulate the video signal to RF for old TV's.

Edited by OX.

It seems that I initially need a NanoPeb as I need the additional 32k RAM and virtual disk access, does anyone still make/supply these?

Also can anyone explain why no-one makes a video lead for PAL systems? They are available for NTSC systems but not PAL and the recommendation is to mod the modulator to output composite video, seems strange as surely the modulator is only there in the first place to modulate the video signal to RF for old TV's.

Assuming you are in Europe it looks like you can still get one here:

http://www.stargames.be/shop/accessoires/4085-compactflash-drive-rs-232-nanoped.html

I have a PAL cable that I bought from https://www.ebay.com/usr/retrocomputershack but they don't seem to be making them any longer. The component signal from the 9929A is not standard and is not compatible with most TVs and monitors. I have a Sony Bravia TV where it kind of works, but the colors are not good.

There is no simple PAL video cable, the console has outputs for YUV (aka YCbCr/YPbPr?) component signals. Some modern TVs can take these directly (my LG 42LF65 did). Otherwise, the PAL modulator mod gives you the composite signal (slightly better quality than from US NTSC consoles), or you could use the SCART/Peritel RGB modulator (mostly sold in France) for the best quality picture.

A schematic for an RGB-enoder was in the November 1988 issue of the ChicagoTImes, I built this twice, good stable picture.

Then there are upgrades based on the 9938 VDP ("80column cards"), or the F18A for VGA output.

• 2 months later...