IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

12 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

Great news! I might have to give it a test run for my extra TFT screen and R3 board.

Yippee...It works.  My cheap 2.8" ID:4747 TFT works.  I looked at the changes and they looked pretty much the same as what I tried.

The cheap 2.4" MCUFriend TFT that also has ID:4747 didn't work.  It displayed correctly but the touchscreen didn't detect.  I have a suspicion that the touchscreen interfaces the same as one of the other models, but the orientation is 90 degrees out, not 180.

Now I just have to wire up the rest of the SDrive-Max...

7 hours ago, hawk said:

Yippee...It works.  My cheap 2.8" ID:4747 TFT works.  I looked at the changes and they looked pretty much the same as what I tried.

I can't seem to find the proper Github link to the beta. Thought this was it...

https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max

What am I missing?

Edited by NISMOPC

45 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

I can't seem to find the proper Github link to the beta. Thought this was it...

https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max

What am I missing?

Your link was to the Master branch. Try this:  

https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max/tree/v12?files=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

I didn't see any binaries in there. Has a compiled version been released?

Nope. This is the current Beta. So far as I can see the only changes are support for the above-mentioned screen; as that is not relevant to me I have not bothered to compile it myself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I didn't see any binaries in there. Has a compiled version been released?

I compiled my own binaries.  I haven't been able to do this easily in Windows (I get compilation errors) but it compiled on OS X using CrossPack for AVR.

8 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Just where they are, there are a few Github newbies here.

1 hour ago, kbr said:

Yes there is, under "releases" and then "Assets", or: https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max/releases/download/v1.2b1/sdrive-max-v12b1.zip

Where should they else be?

Truth! I am not that familiar with Github. Thanks to both of you for the assistance/direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Welcome to AA and thanks for creating the SDrive-Max! 

Thanks too!

I refused a long time to register here, because of my bad english, but now i could not hold off :)

And there is much more activity, than in german forums :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, hawk said:

The cheap 2.4" MCUFriend TFT that also has ID:4747 didn't work.  It displayed correctly but the touchscreen didn't detect.  I have a suspicion that the touchscreen interfaces the same as one of the other models, but the orientation is 90 degrees out, not 180.

There are also touchscreens with an I²C-Interface in the wild, for which there is no support. I don't now, how difficult and big it would be, because i have never done anything about I²C.

Can you send a picture of it both sides?

46 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

You are doing far better at English than I do at German on the german forums. And of course only wizards speak Polish!

dict.leo.org is my best friend :)

• Like 2

Well, after replacing the Uno, wiring it 17 differnt ways and finally breaking down and cutting a known-good cable in half, I still could not get the SDM to work. I kept getting SIO errors. I had only soldered 4 wires, it was the only thing connected, it was powere by USB and every time I tried to boot, I got one beep and sio errors.

So, I ordered a screen, but (apparently) because of Prime "day" (it's two days, so ...) 2-day prime shipping was going to take three days. So, I took the micro SD card out, reformatted it, reloaded the few disks on there I had been trying to get work and put it back in and ... it worked.

No idea.

One other thing I did was run dot_clean to remove the stupid hidden Mac files, but I can't believe that was the issue...

I'm really kind of annoyed that I wasted so much time on this. It's just crazy.

Now, I need to work on the diode and pin 2 bending to allow it to work with other things.

I have about 100 1N4148 siwtching diodes. I hope that is what I need. I also cannot find the switches I bought a long time ago for another project, so I ordered some of those. In the mean time, I am putting together my list of disks I want to put on it from the latest torrent.

Then I have to decide what case I want. I have a couple printed, but I want to modify one to have holes for the two switches. (drilling holes is soooo 2008...)

So if anyone has issues, rebuild the disk. You never know...

48 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Now, I need to work on the diode and pin 2 bending to allow it to work with other things.

I have about 100 1N4148 siwtching diodes. I hope that is what I need. I also cannot find the switches I bought a long time ago for another project, so I ordered some of those. In the mean time, I am putting together my list of disks I want to put on it from the latest torrent.

Just be prepared to cuss some more. I actually had to de-solder the RX line, bend the #2 pin back and re-insert into socket because mine would not work with other devices OR by itself. I now have just the 4 wires connected directly to back of board with a 1N4148 diode on the TX line. 5V USB powered.

I've had no immediate issues so far. I honestly believe that there are so many boards out there, each and every single one can and will perform differently to each mod and/or connection.

Good luck

11 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it's best to use the diodes we have suggested in place of the 1n4's as they ensure compatibility with the most devices and longer SIO chains...

Received these last week. Been itching to swap one of these in place of the 1n4. Just haven't gotten around to it. 

0716192036.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it's best to use the diodes we have suggested in place of the 1n4's as they ensure compatibility with the most devices and longer SIO chains...

Or buy/build one of @Mr Robot's little circuit boards. :) (*)

(Tested about 2 weeks ago with the SDrive-MAX at the end of a chain consisting of Atari --> 1050 D2: --> 1050 D1: --> P:R:Connection --> SDrive-MAX; able to read/write/format all devices to and from one another with no issues). 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 5:36 AM, kbr said:

There are also touchscreens with an I²C-Interface in the wild, for which there is no support. I don't now, how difficult and big it would be, because i have never done anything about I²C.

Can you send a picture of it both sides?

dict.leo.org is my best friend :)

This screen doesn't work with the current software. (1.2b)  It displays correctly (You can see the sticker for 8347 on the bottom), however the touchscreen does not function correctly.

With one of the builds it was detected by the software, however the touches were not where they were supposed to be.  I think I worked out that the touches were rotated 90 degrees, indicating that the X and Y inputs were swapped.  Based on this, I guess it should be an easy fix.  Back then I was not able to compile my own firmware.  Maybe I'll give it another go.

These screens are a lot cheaper than the 2.8" ones...about 1/3 the price. ($6AUS).

IMG20190719150110.jpg

IMG20190719150127.jpg

I had hoped the new driver would work with this extra tft I had, but no touch response. Loads fine to calibration settings, but does not respond to touch anywhere on screen. Not a big loss with having two functioning SD-Max drives already.

0719191200.jpg

EDIT: I was able to identify this as a HX8347-D TFT ID:4747 TFT, but that's solely based on Google searching and the ID that popped up on screen momentarily when it turns on, so I might be incorrect.

Edited by NISMOPC

12 minutes ago, kbr said:

Backside please!

Oh dear, why are there so much variants in the wild...

@hawkChanging X and Y should not be a big problem, but building for each variant an extra firmware will end in a mess. I am thinking about an autodetection...

I'll take picture after work and post Yea, it is a bit crazy with the # of UNO R3 and TFT variants being sold.