IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

8 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I changed the silk screen... then changed it back. I think it's correct to think of it from the drives (and therefore the UNO's) perspective.

I guess just blinking a single LED for activity would get rid of the problem, and be more authentic.

I guess, you have a point here. Still I recommend that you keep rx-dx leds. I like the alternating light better.

Any how I tried to remap the routing of the wiring. I cant say that it is 100%  correct.

Let me take this moment to thank you for the time effort and money you put into such projects and your kind welling to share your designs and tutorials with Atari community members.

madi

v5.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Madi said:

Any how I tried to remap the routing of the wiring. I cant say that it is 100%  correct.

Why?! If you don't like the way round the LED's flash, just turn the LED around and ignore the silkscreen.

Anyway, I've got my first set of test boards back from OSHPark, I just haven't had time to make them yet.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, E474 said:

Hi,

I'm using an 800XL - there shouldn't be any power issues as I have already built 1 SDrive-MAX (before the SIO contention fix was available), and this works fine.

I checked to see if the new SDrive-Max boots OK using just an SIO connector, and I only get a white screen on the SDrive-Max, and the 800XL drops into Self Test.

I've tried removing the SIO +5v connector, and powering from USB, and the SDrive displays the menu on the TFT touch screen, but the 800XL drops through to Self Test, so probably the SIO fix circuit is suspect in some way. I'm going to try making a new SIO fix circuit, and see how that goes.

not sure if you are still having your white screen issue, i had the exact same thing happen, double checked everything.  turns out i flashed the wrong screen controller firmware to the unit, once corrected, it worked properly.

edit: just re-read your post, don't think this is your issue, just ignore :)

Edited by kneehighspy
just fixing.

Quick question...

It's possible to get rid of the wire to A5 on the SIO fix board but doing that will lose compatibility with any uno board except for the knockoff board with the three rows of header pin holes next to the ICSP. 

Does anybody care? Would you rather it were a wire free install or prefer it to continue to support the two row header pin version as well but have a wire to solder?

3 hours ago, MVladimir said:

I have the same Q. What soft we need?

I must check on my old lg s900 laptop(desktop) maybe i have version 1.2b2 where all the lcd touchscreen work but no software change from v1.1.

Or maybe there are software update(firmware) help needed from all the atari users now about it and how to do.

Thnx

I will check later.

Gr.

Marco

10 hours ago, MVladimir said:

Compability is better. As an option - wire if you have any UNO and if you have rows of headers onboard - we use them.

PS

to Mr Robot - can you post a schematics of v5 or I miss something?

I haven't had time to test the board yet, I've got lots going on at the moment, I'll try to get a test done tomorrow. 

As for getting rid of the wire, to do that I'd need to put a second header, right next to the one that is already there, that would put it in the way of the compatibility header row. This is why I asked, is anybody still using the UNO's with only 2 header rows and a micro usb connector? If not we can simplify the install. 

marcokitt2000,

I have all versions of .hex files untill v12b3.

The Q was - what Windows software we need to recompile firmware for sDrive-Max and how it possible for semi-non programmers... ))

Supplier point me to "drivers" (they also posted on page where we order "cheap" kit) ThEy looks like a sketch for Arduino IDE.

What can we do?

Edited by MVladimir
text correction

32 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Already installed... And what next? I'm not a programmer (((!

I add "drivers" from this page : https://m.banggood.com/Geekcreit-UNO-R3-Improved-Version-2_8TFT-LCD-Touch-Screen-2_4TFT-Touch-Screen-Display-Module-Kit-For-Arduino-p-1428291.html

Seller say that this drivers is suitable for shipped mcufriends screen with 6809 ID. Need to check. Also they say that this is a IL9340 drivers.

I try to use .hex firmware for this display from v1.1 but it not work - white screen.....

20190905023050driver.rar

Edited by MVladimir
add file

1 hour ago, MVladimir said:

Already installed... And what next? I'm not a programmer (((!

I add "drivers" from this page : https://m.banggood.com/Geekcreit-UNO-R3-Improved-Version-2_8TFT-LCD-Touch-Screen-2_4TFT-Touch-Screen-Display-Module-Kit-For-Arduino-p-1428291.html

Seller say that this drivers is suitable for shipped mcufriends screen with 6809 ID. Need to check. Also they say that this is a IL9340 drivers.

I try to use .hex firmware for this display from v1.1 but it not work - white screen.....

20190905023050driver.rar 3.23 kB · 0 downloads

Have you read the tutorial I wrote? It's linked in my sig

4 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Have you read the tutorial I wrote? It's linked in my sig

Thank you for the nice guide\tutorial! I'm not only read it - I print it and have on my working place. But I find there nothing "how to" make white screen working. Sorry....

As I see, there are not a problem with TFT LCD shield itself (it work, I run some sketches from mcufriends lib extensions), the problem in firmware witch is not support some screens. May be it depend of  screen ID, may be developer use some libs, but they don't contain some code needed for this screen or driver not match..... I don't  know. Only what I see - white screen on this TFT.

From other side 2'4 TFT from this kit work. I don't test SDM with this small screen with real Atari, but on USB link it works.

I attach photo of my screen, about what I'm talking for. I receive it with a kit ordered on Banggood.

2f14f080-f93b-4b20-b492-adf957c6fc1e.thumb.jpg.2c9bc61815c34c61df6eb04ae3c344b2.jpg 

Edited by MVladimir
correction of text initially printed on my phone...

On 11/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, MVladimir said:

Thank you for the nice guide\tutorial! I'm not only read it - I print it and have on my working place. But I find there nothing "how to" make white screen working. Sorry....

As I see, there are not a problem with TFT LCD shield itself (it work, I run some sketches from mcufriends lib extensions), the problem in firmware witch is not support some screens. May be it depend of  screen ID, may be developer use some libs, but they don't contain some code needed for this screen or driver not match..... I don't  know. Only what I see - white screen on this TFT.

From other side 2'4 TFT from this kit work. I don't test SDM with this small screen with real Atari, but on USB link it works.

I attach photo of my screen, about what I'm talking for. I receive it with a kit ordered on Banggood.

2f14f080-f93b-4b20-b492-adf957c6fc1e.thumb.jpg.2c9bc61815c34c61df6eb04ae3c344b2.jpg 

This appears to be the screen for which I had tweaked a driver but I never came across the white screen problem so perhaps there are differences.

In case you missed it you'll find the driver here.

Good luck with it!

-SteveS

9 hours ago, a8isa1 said:

This appears to be the screen for which I had tweaked a driver but I never came across the white screen problem so perhaps there are differences.

In case you missed it you'll find the driver here.

Good luck with it!

-SteveS

This driver mod not work for me :-((

Still wait for solution...

Attached is a test screen with ID

1843161832_Rotationof38f749ae-6052-4438-a3a1-c811e911d712.thumb.jpg.028ac402b555f65ead76bdd30810ea9f.jpg

Edited by MVladimir
add image

On 11/10/2019 at 1:58 AM, MVladimir said:

PS

to Mr Robot - can you post a schematics of v5 or I miss something?

I finally got around to testing V5 and while it works I didn't realise that the rx/tx pins are active low so the led's are on all the time and off when there is activity. Not ideal, so I've changed the circuit. While I was at it I also reconfigured the board a bit and now it's much smaller and easier to install. I've ordered another set of test boards from OSHPark

26 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I finally got around to testing V5 ....

==Skipped==

I've ordered another set of test boards from OSHPark

Sounds interesting. Let wait.

Just today comes new LCD's ("right" one with yellow plastic on connectors and labeled on sticker that they are with driver 9341) and ordered in China V4 PCB's. (Thank's Mr Robot for gerbers)  Primary test shown that the LCD work. I add photos later.