IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

Hallo BigBen,

ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch da ist es für mich leichter. Die Sache ist die das man mit 

einer Schaltung wie sie in den Foren abgebildet ist nicht vom Atari zum Sdrive schreiben

kann . Dies liegt daran das der Treiber zum schreiben nicht funktionieren kann weil er am 

Ausgang keinen Wiederstand vom offenen Kollektor zum pluspotential hat.

Beim Lesen vom Sdrive ist das auch völlig richtig. 

Das hat nichts mit Busterminierung zu tun  -  sollte man so etwas brauchen muss man dafür noch

andere Bauteile benutzen. 

Das bringt mich auf einen anderes Problem mit dem 7407,74LS07 der erkennt offene Eingänge als

"High" das passiert wenn der Sdrive eingeschaltet ist und der Atari aus. Kann man u.U. mit

einem pulldown Wiederstand am Eingang korrigiert werden ( hab ich aber noch nicht getestet).

Alles was ich hier geschrieben habe kann man leicht nachprüfen wenn man noch irgendwo einen

74LS07 herumliegen hat.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

M.Düpre

On 11/19/2019 at 7:11 AM, Meinrad Düpre said:

Hallo BigBen,

ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch da ist es für mich leichter. Die Sache ist die das man mit 

einer Schaltung wie sie in den Foren abgebildet ist nicht vom Atari zum Sdrive schreiben

kann . Dies liegt daran das der Treiber zum schreiben nicht funktionieren kann weil er am 

Ausgang keinen Wiederstand vom offenen Kollektor zum pluspotential hat.

Beim Lesen vom Sdrive ist das auch völlig richtig. 

Das hat nichts mit Busterminierung zu tun  -  sollte man so etwas brauchen muss man dafür noch

andere Bauteile benutzen. 

Das bringt mich auf einen anderes Problem mit dem 7407,74LS07 der erkennt offene Eingänge als

"High" das passiert wenn der Sdrive eingeschaltet ist und der Atari aus. Kann man u.U. mit

einem pulldown Wiederstand am Eingang korrigiert werden ( hab ich aber noch nicht getestet).

Alles was ich hier geschrieben habe kann man leicht nachprüfen wenn man noch irgendwo einen

74LS07 herumliegen hat.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

M.Düpre

Lies dich mal hier im ABBUC Forum ab dieser Seite ein.

Wenn du Fragen hast, stell sie dort ein, da ist deutsch die Standartsprache.

Bye,

BigBen (Bernd)

Edited by BigBen

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ascrnet said:

Now connect it to the atari, although it works and loads an atr without problem. but the screen when turning on the atari looks like this

===Image skipped===

How can it be solved?

Better if you open a dispute on ALi for refund and then order another screen - current is defected as I think.

Try to find GOOUUU store on ALi- I ordered there and received screens working well. I ordered this 2.8 inch TFT color LCD with touch screen. (Driver:ILi9341)

Edited by MVladimir
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MVladimir said:

Better if you open a dispute on ALi for refund and then order another screen - current is defected as I think.

Try to find GOOUUU store on ALi- I ordered there and received screens working well. I ordered this 2.8 inch TFT color LCD with touch screen. (Driver:ILi9341)

I just bought one. W/ new user discount, it was only $6.30 USD.

:)

Hello, I just bought a SDrive Max. I'm very satisfied with it but there is one thing that makes me wonder. Mine has a switch inside to switch bewteen external power supply or powered by the Atari. Why is this switch inside? I think for people who build these devices that it is very simple to just mount the switch to the outside. I'm thinking about doing it myself. After the few days that I have the Sdrive Max I find both options usefull and can't decide which options is the best. Are there people here that have the switch on the outside? I also saw that there is a red switch button inside. I think this is for resetting or not? I think it is of no need to use it? Taking of the power will have the same result?

20 hours ago, MVladimir said:

Thanks for the information, I think the screen I have has some kind of incompatibility.

It works but it bothers me that it gets corrupted at the beginning

Regards

13 hours ago, ascrnet said:

Thanks for the information, I think the screen I have has some kind of incompatibility.

It works but it bothers me that it gets corrupted at the beginning

Regards

Take a simple test. Connect the Sdrive-Max via the USB port, DO NOT insert the SIO connector into the Atari.

Does the error occur now? If not, the voltage supply via SIO is too low.

12 hours ago, BigBen said:

Take a simple test. Connect the Sdrive-Max via the USB port, DO NOT insert the SIO connector into the Atari.

Does the error occur now? If not, the voltage supply via SIO is too low.

The same is not the case, but it still throws something on the screen but then it is cleaned only connected to the USB. It seems that this screen consumes a lot of voltage.

Regards

On 11/15/2019 at 2:02 PM, Mr Robot said:

923414021_Screenshot2019-11-15at14_17_23.jpg.3568fa22c5d0e8acccf568f6f4e3530a.jpg

$5.55 for 3 from OSHpark, cheaper for 100 from China :) 

Mr. Robot,

Did you get around to testing your V6 boards yet? I only see the gerbers for V4 on your website.

Could you post the schematic for V6 for those of us adventurous enough to build it up on a protoboard?

Thanks,

- Stickjock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, tajvdz said:

Hello, I just bought a SDrive Max. I'm very satisfied with it but there is one thing that makes me wonder. Mine has a switch inside to switch bewteen external power supply or powered by the Atari. Why is this switch inside? I think for people who build these devices that it is very simple to just mount the switch to the outside. I'm thinking about doing it myself. After the few days that I have the Sdrive Max I find both options useful and can't decide which options is the best. Are there people here that have the switch on the outside? I also saw that there is a red switch button inside. I think this is for resetting or not? I think it is of no need to use it? Taking of the power will have the same result?

A late reply but I don't hang about in this thread much.

Yes the switch thing is a pain but initially these were uncased items and then the 3D printer folk started churning out cases, I guess it was a little non forward planning, I personally power mine off the usb but I have a powered separate USB to keep the pull down on the PC. Not seen the red switch (never opened my SD-Max) but both are simple to case mods and just personal preference. I've had no issues with the USB, some say its not ideal and some say its ok, for me, it works..

Never used the joystick, always the stylus .... Must try it now ...

Edited by Mclaneinc
Spelling as per usual and to add.

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

A late reply but I don't hang about in this thread much.

Yes the switch thing is a pain but initially these were uncased items and then the 3D printer folk started churning out cases, I guess it was a little non forward planning, I personally power mine off the usb but I have a powered separate USB to keep the pull down on the PC. Not seen the red switch (never opened my SD-Max) but both are simple to case mods and just personal preference. I've had no issues with the USB, some say its not ideal and some say its ok, for me, it works..

Never used the joystick, always the stylus .... Must try it now ...

Well there are cases now who have the switch mounted to the case. I think everyone who is selling a SDrive-Max should add this. Another thing I think is not logical is that the SIO cable comes out on the wrong side. It needs to be on the side of the connections so the connections are on the backside. I've done that with one SDrive and it is much better! 

About the joystick, I found out that you need to push the joystick to the right and push a button. The joystick to the left and pushing a button is escape or back. I always use this or the arrow keys on the keyboard. I never use the touchscreen. I only used it when I tried some tape files. So if you use disk files the touch screen is useless if you ask me.

Hi folks,

I've not read the whole thread and at 40 pages I think I don't have time ;)

If this has been covered then ignore or point me to a part of the thread.

My question is this, the SD-Max is a drive emulator but has anyone thought of expanding on the principle and making it a multi drive type emulator, as in emulating a Happy, an Archiver etc as optional drive types. Now I accept there may be pitfalls about the happy code ownership but by the way there's other happy stuff about it can't be a huge problem.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this even viable, is there enough storage to flash the chip with?

Obviously it needs the coding as well but Altirra has pretty much fully emulated the hardware and is the source is free to use (I think).

Anyway....Just my silly question...

Is there any one who is actively working on the firmware development?

I would suggest redesigning the interface so it could present long filenames on the file list.

Without it usability is very poor. I know that this device is not very fast but is there a possibility to implement screen scrolling when previewing list of itmes?

Especially when you do have a sd card with all the games or demos that was made :)

• Like 1