IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable question

mediauwant

Hello all. I know this has been discussed a lot, but I'm hopeful someone can help me..

Regarding the SD card function, I've followed the instructions to the letter: formatted card with SD Formatter, downloaded a collection from this site with games titled correctly, unzipped games to folder titled Game on SD card, deleted Game zip file, leaving only games in Game folder on SD card... Popped SD card into portable flashback, paged over to SD card page, clicked on SD card button, screen goes black, and then returns SD card page.

I'm using a 256 mb Kodak SD card.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

maybe too small of an SD card?????

I doubt the size is the issue. I'm using a very old 16M SD card (SD card spec v1.01) that came with an old camera almost 20 years old.

I never thought I would have a device that could use 16M as it's so small, but the 1000 or so Atari 2600 roms all fit in just over a little 7 M.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

OK guys, thanks to all for your input. I still have not been able to get the SD card browser to work. I switched to a 1gb Wii sandisc SD card. I've been told the card should be fat32

My card was Fat, and I saw no way to change that n the sd card formatter software, so I formatted it on my windows laptop to fat32.

I extracted the pre-approved collection from the compatibility page here. I extracted them to my desktop (in Game folder). I deleted the MAC... folder, and copy/pasted the Game folder to the SD card. I popped it into the portable flashback, paged over to SD card browser, and clicked on the red A button. The screen said loading for a second, glitched and returned me to the SD card browser screen.

I know there's just some little thing I'm not doing, but can't Figure it out. Any assistance is appreciated.