IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

I wonder how well these would hold up to similar beer spills and behavior. Probably wear through on the parts faster than a walmart display. :)

This is what immediately came to mind for me as well.

You just know the first guy in line for an A1UP Golden Tee is going to be Whitey McDudebro. He'll be strutting into Walmart donning his requisite cargo shorts, flip flops, and shades on the back of his head, with Nickelback rockin' in the earbuds, butting through the crowd to get his hands on the very first one. He'll hoist it up on his shoulders, and head for the check out lane, with visions of bro high-fives and Bud Light Lime dancing through his head.

Once he gets it set up in his "man cave" and starts his first game, he's going to dust off his signature McDudebro Golden Tee technique, which involves yanking his full arm back over the track ball, then thrusting his palm forward over the trackball backed by his full body weight and all of the strength he can muster, ultimately smashing his fingers up against the screen bezel. Despite McDudebro's propensity for skipping leg day at the gym, the poor 50lb 1UP machine will be no match for that kind of incident momentum, and will succumb by tipping over backwards, knocking a series of dusty high school football trophies off a nearby shelf.

Hopefully, before he knocks down his entire man cave with errant Golden Tee maneuvers, he learns that you don't get any more distance on your shot by giving the trackball anything more than a casual forearm flick.

• Like 4

Considering the big market on these were drunks playing against each other rolling the spinner, I wonder how well these would hold up to similar beer spills and behavior. Probably wear through on the parts faster than a walmart display. :)

You guys need to learn how to read.

These are going to be 'premium' cabinets, with HAPP arcade trackballs, the same quality as the ones used in the arcades.

Also, with the control panel protector, that they're using will be included.

Also, they are putting them on walmart display units.

Although ball tops are still being stolen.

later

These are going to be 'premium' cabinets, with HAPP arcade trackballs, the same quality as the ones used in the arcades.

tenor.gif

Please excuse our illiteracy, but the pic you posted for the thing is the same cheezy, half assed, shorty, made for little kids stuff as all the others. It's right on Arcade 1 Up's website. Forgive me if we missed your stellar write up on the intricacies of their Fratboy Douche-bag Edition, if one truly exists.

• Like 2

This is what immediately came to mind for me as well.

You just know the first guy in line for an A1UP Golden Tee is going to be Whitey McDudebro. He'll be strutting into Walmart donning his requisite cargo Salmon colored Martha's Vineyard shorts, flip flops, and Aviator shades on the back of his head, with Toto and Christopher Cross rockin' in the earbuds, butting through the crowd to get his hands on the very first one. He'll hoist it up on his shoulders, and head for the check out lane, with visions of bro high-fives and Bud Light Lime dancing through his head.

Once he gets it set up in his "man cave" and starts his first game, he's going to dust off his signature McDudebro Golden Tee technique, which involves yanking his full arm back over the track ball, then thrusting his palm forward over the trackball backed by his full body weight and all of the strength he can muster, ultimately smashing his fingers up against the screen bezel. Despite McDudebro's propensity for skipping leg day at the gym, the poor 50lb 1UP machine will be no match for that kind of incident momentum, and will succumb by tipping over backwards, knocking a series of dusty high school football LaCrosse trophies off a nearby shelf.

Hopefully, before he knocks down his entire man cave with errant Golden Tee maneuvers, he learns that you don't get any more distance on your shot by giving the trackball anything more than a casual forearm flick.

I made some slight adjustments, but yeah - pretty spot on.

later

How much are they paying you to post 400 times a day promoting their stuff?

later

OK... So the controls will outlive the cabinet. Cool.

• Like 1

There must be some logic to their choice of games. Golden Tee has been a favorite in bars for years (decades now? sheesh) so it must have some fans. We're not into it, but I'll bet it will find an audience. I'll bet that football-lacrosse dude has some opinions about us as well.

I'll be powerless to resist a yoke controller with a nice bright monitor for the Atari Star Wars arcade game if and when it gets licensed out. There are probably many other highly sought-after games at Arcade-Museum which would do well in this format.

• Like 2

tenor.gif

Please excuse our illiteracy, but the pic you posted for the thing is the same cheezy, half assed, shorty, made for little kids stuff as all the others. It's right on Arcade 1 Up's website. Forgive me if we missed your stellar write up on the intricacies of their Fratboy Douche-bag Edition, if one truly exists.

If you can't read, watch the videos from CES.

They say it right there.

later

They also say "authentic arcade controls" on all the others. If they genuinely slapped a $70 retail trackball into those things this time instead of the $4.99 special, good for them. It won't make the cheezy thing topple over any less. I'm sure they call the other $4.99 trackball or spinner crapfest "arcade quality" in their marketing materials too. It's all just propellers on an atari speaker hat.

• Like 2

There must be some logic to their choice of games. Golden Tee has been a favorite in bars for years (decades now? sheesh) so it must have some fans. We're not into it, but I'll bet it will find an audience. I'll bet that football-lacrosse dude has some opinions about us as well.

I'll be powerless to resist a yoke controller with a nice bright monitor for the Atari Star Wars arcade game if and when it gets licensed out. There are probably many other highly sought-after games at Arcade-Museum which would do well in this format.

Starts with N, ends with ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BTW I'm powerless if they make a good gun cabinet one.)

As someone interested in the GT one, it'll be something to see how it turns out. Apparently, people with NO interest in buying one care great deal too. Can't quite figure that part out. But at least we avoided another picture of the civic with the big spoiler.

• Like 1

Well, it didn't make it funny or original. You'd think a plastic car would, but here we are.

I dunno man. You seem like a fine guy. I get it. You think they suck. I think you're at the point of just shitting on them now for no reason other than to argue, which is dickish. Not what I am used to here.

I dunno now if we're talking about dumb car upgrades or the 1Up cabinets. If it's the latter, I actually think they're kinda neat. I just wish they were made better. I might be into one of the other designs they're working on if it's not garbage with a nice paint job. I don't blame anyone else for liking them for what they are, but just seeing every display unit I've come across in a state of advanced destruction was very disappointing. It's also difficult to listen to some over the top testimonials on these things like they're the second coming of Christ or something. It starts sounding like a not-so-cleverly manipulated nostalgia based money grab which I have no respect for. I prefer to live in the real world where we can discuss these and other things on their actual merits or quality. When some folks (not you) like to get pissy or bully others because others aren't falling all over themselves in adoration, they should expect some snark in return.

• Like 1

I dunno now if we're talking about dumb car upgrades or the 1Up cabinets. If it's the latter, I actually think they're kinda neat. I just wish they were made better. I might be into one of the other designs they're working on if it's not garbage with a nice paint job. I don't blame anyone else for liking them for what they are, but just seeing every display unit I've come across in a state of advanced destruction was very disappointing. It's also difficult to listen to some over the top testimonials on these things like they're the second coming of Christ or something. It starts sounding like a not-so-cleverly manipulated nostalgia based money grab which I have no respect for. I prefer to live in the real world where we can discuss these and other things on their actual merits or quality. When some folks (not you) like to get pissy or bully others because others aren't falling all over themselves in adoration, they should expect some snark in return.

You know what we're talking about! :lol: I understand if some things seem to set off the BS meter, they should. But your post before, well, it doesn't jive with the above to me:

"Cheezy" and "half assed" make it hard for me to see you think they're neat or that you're interested, nor do they seem like words designed for a friendly discussion of the merits and quality. And besides that...."made for little kids"? They're arcade machines...do they need to be 'made for adults'? Playing games is playing games! You're just insulting them really, which is fine to do actually, I did at first too. But after a while, does it need to continue? That's my only point. It's like if I went into a Jag thread and said it kind of sucks as a system. The first time I'm speaking troof...but if I kept up I'd just be being kind of a douche.

Rant over.

Wait! And screw you guys for thinking Golden Tee was only played by frat bros....I'm an Atari nerd to the core, and I played them. They're fun!

Now rant over! Not a big deal but I had to throw it out there. :lol:

• Like 2

Hey I'm real world. :) I've posted a number of times on my realistic thought of these things that even with their flaws, my experience is they so far play and hold up fine. I've had good fun playing Tempest and Crystal Castles every day since Christmas and the cheap ass stock spinner and trackball are still holding up. However I don't know if by christmas 2019 whether they would have fallen apart by then :lol: but if and when they do I'll for sure say it, and any experience I'd have fixing it up or replacing. For now though they're working fine.

See look.. real world middling playing (sorry I'm not negative1). :D I dont know why youtube squashed the aspect ratio of this vid though.. geeze.

<edit> ok I thought this was the tempest vid I took.. and now for some reason I can't even find that. wtf.. did I even take one? ah well whatever.

Edited by NE146

Lol, the "made for kids" remark is aimed at their diminutive stature. They're too damn tiny which is why I'm interested in the cocktail or desktop units. For what they are....small....they seem better suited to kids which is great if they have the interest. The other general bashing would be aimed at the contention that these are in any way "premium" and anyone who doesn't see that is presumably an illiterate idiot. If somebody wants one for the game room for occasional play or more than that on a shorter lifespan, I'm sure they're good for that. The price point makes that feasible, but beyond that, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Oh and you may be a nerd, but were you in a frat? Hmmmm?

• Like 1

Lol, the "made for kids" remark is aimed at their diminutive stature. They're too damn tiny which is why I'm interested in the cocktail or desktop units. For what they are....small....they seem better suited to kids which is great if they have the interest. The other general bashing would be aimed at the contention that these are in any way "premium" and anyone who doesn't see that is presumably an illiterate idiot. If somebody wants one for the game room for occasional play or more than that on a shorter lifespan, I'm sure they're good for that. The price point makes that feasible, but beyond that, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Oh and you may be a nerd, but were you in a frat? Hmmmm?

LMAO no frat, no. If frat reputations are true I'd have been swirlied or pantsed or something (forced to drink to death?) if I went into a frat circa 1998-02.

When people piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, do you normally argue with them about the actual molecular make-up of the liquid? I just go somewhere people don't pee on my leg. You can't really argue with people willing to pee on you Berel.