IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

On that note.. I finally did the 40 cents + electrical tape "mod" to my stock dial and lol it does indeed make a difference. I really didn't mind the original at first, but yes there was a bit of play in the spin before it actually moved your player due to it not being snug. A single layer of electrical tape did the trick.. although who knows for how long. I aint too worried about it as long as I know there are better options available now should I really want it.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

Posted Today, 11:15 PM

I own the Street Fighter. It was sold allready put together. My Walmart did that. I have not recived my screen controle deck protecter. It has 3 volume settings all to loud. I have tinnitus. Every loud nose makes it worse. The ringing and air hose sound. It it running mame. If hacked it has more games on the board. It is on a really high diffuctly setting. If hacked you can change that. I will and have not. Crystal clear LCD screen. No crappy scan lines that every one likes and must live by. I'm older than the Atari 2600. Yes I played games with scan lines. Now I do not have to. I have 1 old GX gaming TV. I love old games without scan lines. Buttons and stick is cheap. Can be replaced. Some type of Ikea MDF. My buttons have not went out yet. Mono sound. Missing some sound effects. Besides the hard setting I cannot beat but 1 fighter. And that is sometimes. They are nice for the price point.

They are making wall cades, bar tops under 200 dollars or 200 dollars only. A 12 in one cocktail cabinets with SNK Capcom fighting games. Saterday Night Slam Masters. I like the products. But some are flawed. And have quality isues. But the company is tryin to make things right. They found the product in China. They made the product and games legal. So they had nothing to do with size or the amount of games on the arcades. They requested better parts.

• Like 1

On that note.. I finally did the 40 cents + electrical tape "mod" to my stock dial and lol it does indeed make a difference. I really didn't mind the original at first, but yes there was a bit of play in the spin before it actually moved your player due to it not being snug. A single layer of electrical tape did the trick.. although who knows for how long. I aint too worried about it as long as I know there are better options available now should I really want it.

I used the electrical tape mod for hundreds of games and it's fine. Never wore out. I just found that as your skills improve, you die because of a lack of accuracy with it. It's still "jumpy" at times when you're trying to be precise so I decided to upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Posted Today, 11:15 PM

They are making wall cades, bar tops under 200 dollars or 200 dollars only. A 12 in one cocktail cabinets with SNK Capcom fighting games. Saterday Night Slam Masters. I like the products. But some are flawed. And have quality isues. But the company is tryin to make things right. They found the product in China. They made the product and games legal. So they had nothing to do with size or the amount of games on the arcades. They requested better parts.

None of this has been verified.

No price points.

Not the 12-1 cocktail model, nothing.

All of it was proposed.

Whether they come out with them or not is still undecided, and also the pricepoints.

later

None of this has been verified.

No price points.

Not the 12-1 cocktail model, nothing.

All of it was proposed.

Whether they come out with them or not is still undecided, and also the pricepoints.

later

They said that at the CES show. Why would they lie? They told every Video game Channel that interviewd them that. And show pictures on their Facebook page about everyday. And when asked they say they are trying to get stores to carry the product?

Edited by Elvis

They said that at the CES show. Why would they lie? They told every Video game Channel that interviewd them that. And show pictures on their Facebook page about everyday. And when asked they say they are trying to get stores to carry the product?

this is arcade 1UP we're talking about here.

most of those prototypes are just to show to companies for the POSSIBILITY of becoming a retail product.

there's no guarentee, that these things will be made, or if they will ever come out.

they've showed cocktail tables since last year, and no real sign of if they will be made.

also, they don't know what the PR people at facebook are saying, and say things that constantly

contradict what they say in public. the release dates for machines are part of that.

so no, i don't put ANY stock in what they say, what price things will be, or even if titles will

make it out.

don't just blindly believe what some PR person says, wait until it actually is released, and then

you can decide.

sure i post information too, but i take everything with tons of grains of salt with it.

later

2-3 weeks ago I noticed my local Walmart had these reduced to $199.99, had 5 units in stock but only 2 different titles (Tempest and Galaga). I decided to keep an eye on them to see how deep of a price cut they would eventually have.

Walmart in the next town over had them priced at $200 even and had the same units along with a SFII cabinet.

I noticed today both stores have more units in stock, and have raised the price on all of them back to the full $299.99.

this is arcade 1UP we're talking about here.

most of those prototypes are just to show to companies for the POSSIBILITY of becoming a retail product.

there's no guarentee, that these things will be made, or if they will ever come out.

they've showed cocktail tables since last year, and no real sign of if they will be made.

also, they don't know what the PR people at facebook are saying, and say things that constantly

contradict what they say in public. the release dates for machines are part of that.

so no, i don't put ANY stock in what they say, what price things will be, or even if titles will

make it out.

don't just blindly believe what some PR person says, wait until it actually is released, and then

you can decide.

sure i post information too, but i take everything with tons of grains of salt with it.

later

I just know for example lets say if EA games shows a product and says info about it then I take them at their word. If EA lies then it come out later on. The reason a lot of people talk smack about the company and do not believe a word they say is hate. Most YouTubers hate the product. And most gamers. They say they are junk and a crash grab. But by bootleg consoles and download ilegal games to be put in mame cabinets.

Why is Retrobit making a Sega Nomade again. Is not that a crash grab? Or the bootleg consoles they review is not that a crash grab? They say that is different. How so? Both are gaming products. The Arcade 1 up team has not given dates on the products. They are allready made. I belong to the club. They are trying to find retailers to sell the games. My opinion only. After the quality issues and the hangs up of the last batch my guess is stores do not want to sell a decent quality product. With al the issues that 80 percent of the consumers returned because they were defective. Screens going out etcc.. And are refusing to sell them. But that is my opinion only.

Some updates on the older cabinets, here's a review of a newer Asteroids cabinet.

reddit :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/aran9v/i_got_a_version_20_asteroids_cabinet_here_is_a/

user : ruinedxistenz

===========

I got a "version 2.0" Asteroids cabinet. Here is a list of the changes I discovered from launch cabinets, most are very positive!

Control panel, kick panel, and both side panels appear to have a thin plastic protective coating; this one has an ultra smooth and slippery surface that feels a lot different from the launch CPs. Upside is that you probably don't need the plexiglass protector anymore with this. Downside is 3/4 of the pieces with this finish I found an occasional hard "bubble," and also the artwork seems to pop a bit less as it adds a slight haze to it. I can't really take a good picture of this coating, but the difference between it and the original painted panels is significantly different in both look and feel - very little friction - feels slippery, doesn't feel like paint will come off at any moment, but a bit duller color.

The little white plug power cable holder which fills the hole in the back panel of the cabinet is now a slightly smaller black plug. I didn't find much difference, maybe just a part change.

The Arcade1up sticker on the top back panel now is now much smaller - it only takes up 1/4 of the right side of that panel, instead of a centered sticker that takes up 3/4 of the panel as was the case with the launch units.

The unit is packed differently; there are new kinds of packing foam employed and more pieces are individually wrapped in plastic instead of just being wrapped together. Pieces are now also in different boxes, for instance the marquee is packed with the monitor, facing outwards with no other wood near it; the original packing had the marquee amongst a bunch of smaller panels in a different box, with the face of the marquee up against more wood - which resulted in friction and scratches in transit. The infamous and useless gold stickers on the outside are gone, and this is definitely not a return as direct from Target.com and packed immaculately.

The monitor had a QC approved sticker on the back, which I don't recall from my previous 5 assemblies - maybe it was there but I don't remember it. The monitor is literally perfect - zero dead pixels, zero stuck pixels, zero light bleed. Note after buying 7 cabinets total, this is the *only* cabinet that had a perfect monitor - at the minimum virtually all of them have some amount of light bleed. The ribbon cable is now also taped to the back of the monitor for transit, which also is new I believe.

Since its Asteroids I will add its still the same old crummy spinner, though its a bit looser and easier to turn than the launch unit I returned - still has the detents and nowhere near a real spinner, but this is easily replaceable now with 3rd party alternatives. And the sound still lags with no high score saving - so they didn't change the electronics basics.

These changes overall add up to a much lesser chance of getting a damaged unit that will last longer over time without getting banged up. In fact, aside from the air bubbles possibly caused by the new plastic coating process this cabinet had by far the least damage, almost perfect in fact. I will probably ask for replacement CP as it has a chip under the sticker (didn't happen during shipping) and quite a lot of air bubbles - but many probably would be ok with what I got as its not super noticeable.

---------------

sounds promising.

later

Edited by negative1

Well, that blows, its not open to the general public. Would have gone on Monday - off for the holiday.

I used to go to it for my job...I'm going to have to start going again. I missed seeing the Coleco Chameleon a few years ago, now this.

(the show is pretty boring generally. It's mostly NOT video games, or was a few years ago anyway)

• Like 1