IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

"Kudos to 1UP for not using arcade industry standard joysticks or buttons - for reals"! :rolling:

I know someone with a Pac-Man one of these and when asked how she liked it, said she already put a wear spot in the control panel. haha Since you guys are taking the time to upgrade these things by replacing the sticks and buttons, wouldn't be too much more of a hassle getting some thin plexi or lexan (can buy in sheets at places like Home Depot), drilling some holes and placing over the control panels for protection.

Got a little excited to see a Space Invaders model, but pfft... they couldn't be bothered to include Space Invaders Deluxe? Instead you just get the colorized version of the original game? Pretty weak.

• Like 1

Got a little excited to see a Space Invaders model, but pfft... they couldn't be bothered to include Space Invaders Deluxe? Instead you just get the colorized version of the original game? Pretty weak.

I totally agree. Why could they not put in SI Part 2, or SI Deluxe (or even BOTH?). They could have put in the color cocktail version of SI Pt2. if they really wanted that color contrast with the original.

If they had done that I would probably most likely have bought one, but as is I'll most likely pass which is kind of crazy since I am a Space Invaders kind of guy. :lol:

I know someone with a Pac-Man one of these and when asked how she liked it, said she already put a wear spot in the control panel. haha Since you guys are taking the time to upgrade these things by replacing the sticks and buttons, wouldn't be too much more of a hassle getting some thin plexi or lexan (can buy in sheets at places like Home Depot), drilling some holes and placing over the control panels for protection.

Yeah the wear is obviously well known.. but really the simpler solution is to order the protector which comes with a replacement Control Panel artwork.. you just lay it over.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

They found the product in China all ready made. they asked what thay made and got told. So they relesed it with a riser. The company will not make anything else. So Telmaskers relesed what they found. And requested better parts. When you understand that then you will get why the product is not made full size. The company also made one with a retro pie. Telmaskers will not reliese that. The Arcade 1 Up club said that is bootleg junk? It is the same quality cabinet you got. 300 dollar quality. same press board for the cabinet. The arcades were bootlegs untill Telmaskers made them legal lol. Not hard to understand.

Edited by Elvis

Oh, wasn't aware you could order a control panel protector w/ the artwork. I'll have to tell her about that. I see them on their website now, only $17. To bad the machines don't come with them standard.

Btw: Saw the Arcade 1UP Centipede and Asteroids cabs for $199.00 today at the local Walmart. Much better value at that price, especially if you're going to be replacing the chinsey buttons, joysticks, spinners, trackballs and purchasing new control panel overlays. lol

Oh, wasn't aware you could order a control panel protector w/ the artwork. I'll have to tell her about that. I see them on their website now, only $17. To bad the machines don't come with them standard.

Btw: Saw the Arcade 1UP Centipede and Asteroids cabs for $199.00 today at the local Walmart. Much better value at that price, especially if you're going to be replacing the chinsey buttons, joysticks, spinners, trackballs and purchasing new control panel overlays. lol

The new ones will. And the sticks on some sold right now is a clone of swan sticks. And are good enough. The older ones are not so great.

Edited by Elvis

$17? Should be free. Unless they recently changed it.

Yep, they changed it. They announced a couple of months ago that they had a cutoff of March 1st for the free deck protectors

With that said.... there's still a lot of wave 1 product in the channel and a lot of warranty part orders (deck protectors, board bug fix replacement) have been getting "lost" in the last 6-8 weeks... with them now charging (now for the deck protectors, later for other stuff)

Details about the Space Invaders Cabinet from BerryBerry

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/ay1chz/observations_about_the_new_space_invaders_cabinet/

The control panel now has the same printed+clearcoated vinyl as the side art, marquee, etc. Should last much longer than previous CP art. (But might be prone to the art being peeled up by "little hands". Best to leave to protector installed.)I think I prefer the original 1st-gen CP art (inkjetted directly on CP) after applying 3+ coats of sprayed-on clear, vs the new vinyl-applied-to-CP 2nd-gen CP art. Time will tell which ends up lasting longer. But as-shipped, 2nd-gen coming with a free protector is vastly improved over 1st-gen as shipped.

Protector is included in the box. It's a good fit. Holes aren't 100% centered, but are pretty close.

Control panel: https://i.redd.it/hpz427f4sjk21.jpg

Control panel w/ protector (film still applied): https://i.redd.it/7lt3l4wcsjk21.jpg

Joystick photos: https://i.redd.it/dqhkh22vrjk21.png

Still not real T-molding, but is the same pretty-good banding/edging used previously.(Clarification - I've looked at the control panel only. Haven't pulled the cabinet sides out of the box yet.)

Now a Sanwa-style joystick w/ 5-wire plug. Only has two microswitches installed on the circuit board, but all 5 wires are installed. Nice and crisp feel. Control panel joystick hole is now round (not a slot) and joystick has 2-way restrictor plate on the back. Easier to upgrade to 4/8-way stick - hole doesn't have to be enlarged. (Galaga had a CP slot and a regular joystick plate

later

• Like 1

Details about the Space Invaders Cabinet from BerryBerry

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/ay1chz/observations_about_the_new_space_invaders_cabinet/

later

Thanks man, always appreciate your posts.

My in store pickup date changed from today to tomorrow, hopefully FedEx comes through.

I would love to know if the SI board can be USB hacked like the others, and if it runs MAME. If the backdrop graphic can be added, that would be fantastic.

I do appreciate the fact that they went with the Taito upright artwork (rather than shitty Midway :lol:) .. gotta give props for that.

Nostalgia-wise the midway version with buttons rather than joystick was far more common in north america. That's what I played.

It's Space Invaders, I had to get it. Ordered online, shipped to my door, got it Tuesday. The FedEx guy even carried the box up a flight of stairs for this old man.

R9wkvuPl.jpg

Yeah, would have been nice if they'd have included at the very least, Space Invaders Part II. But as is, I'm extremely happy with this cab.

A couple more pics, showing how the deck protector now comes in the box. It's taped on top of the control panel. Just remove the tape, peel off the protective film, and good to go.

NhQoplMl.jpg

Before assembly, and after checking the parts and making sure I had everything, I connected the control panel, plugged her in, and did a quick play test to make sure everything worked. It was like Space Invaders Cocktail, haha.

FnVyLgul.jpg

Edited by Skeeter

A couple more pics, showing how the deck protector now comes in the box. It's taped on top of the control panel. Just remove the tape, peel off the protective film, and good to go.

NhQoplMl.jpg

Before assembly, and after checking the parts and making sure I had everything, I connected the control panel, plugged her in, and did a quick play test to make sure everything worked. It was like Space Invaders Cocktail, haha.

FnVyLgul.jpg

Does the deck protector also include replacement artwork, like the ones sent for the wave 1 cabs? Or is it just the plexi by itself?

... It was like Space Invaders Cocktail, haha.

Well yeah especially since there's no artwork.. it's very MUCH like the cocktail. :) Ah well, wishful thinking. I know putting on the artwork in any physical form is pretty much a non-starter today. It's just too bad though that a huge part of the cabinet experience gets lost over the years, but what can you do.

Just the plexi protector.

Interesting. You think they would have included the artwork as well, since there is no track record for the new process on the control panels. I am not sure but I would think artwork was created already, as some people inadvertently received deck protectors for Space Invaders instead of the protectors they requested.

Hopefully, should the new artwork wear they will send replacement artwork at no charge, under warranty.

That being said, I like the way the cabs look with the deck protectors, needed or not, and would install it anyway.

Side note: my invaders just "landed" at my local store for my in store pickup, so I'm headed there after work.

• Like 1

Interesting. You think they would have included the artwork as well, since there is no track record for the new process on the control panels. I am not sure but I would think artwork was created already, as some people inadvertently received deck protectors for Space Invaders instead of the protectors they requested.

Hopefully, should the new artwork wear they will send replacement artwork at no charge, under warranty.

That being said, I like the way the cabs look with the deck protectors, needed or not, and would install it anyway.

Side note: my invaders just "landed" at my local store for my in store pickup, so I'm headed there after work.

As long as they include the deck protectors, I don't think the replacement artwork is necessary on wave 2 models. I mean really, you get a minty new control deck with a protector from day one. Unless you really abuse the thing, you'll be fine. Sure there's always a chance you'll get a flawed deck out of the box and then you'll have to deal with support and get a replacement, but as is, I see no reason to have the extra artwork.

That said, Space Invaders is my 5th A1UP cab. The previous 4 were all good, played on a daily basis and taken care of, and when deck protectors came in I put them on and saved the artwork as it wasn't needed. The artwork was included before for those that had wear and tear.

I've had only one issue and it was quickly resolved. I requested the new PCBA's for Rampage and Galaga and they sent them out quickly. When I installed the new Galaga board the monitor died. I checked all the connections, made sure it was grounded, etc., and no luck. So I thought maybe I got a bad new PCBA and swapped the old one back in. Nope, still dead. A1UP sent me a new one and 10 days later I had a new monitor assembly. Now my Galaga with the 1.0.5 board has the Galaxian colors fixed and 6 digit high score saves on Galaga and is better than new.

If you're a fan of Space Invaders I think you'll be pleased with the cab. My only complaint so far is the sound is way too loud. I'm deaf in one ear and even on the low settings the sound is too much, especially when the UFO makes an appearance. I remedied it by placing a ceramic coaster over the speaker but then I couldn't hear the heartbeat thumps of the invaders marching. So for now I've got the cloth I use for wiping down fingerprints handy and folded and placed over the speaker. That works better for me although the wife says it's still too loud, haha.

even when typed in jest

"the wife"

is the new

"should of"

if I were god-moderator I'd ban people for saying that after the first offense

Let's see.. so you're saying

"That works better for me although the wife says it's still too loud, haha" == "That works better for me although the should of says it's still too loud, haha."

..???

I showed the wife and not even she knows what you're talking about :P

• Like 2

Let's see.. so you're saying

"That works better for me although the wife says it's still too loud, haha" == "That works better for me although the should of says it's still too loud, haha."

..???

I showed the wife and not even she knows what you're talking about :P

*flojo is making fun of the shit-awful grammar.

It's "Should HAVE" or shortened in a conjunction it would be "should've". It is never "should of". This is as bad as "irregardless" and the constant misuse of they're, their, and there, or your and you're.

Also it would be "my wife". Referring to a person you are married to as "the wife" is both grammatically incorrect and rudely dismissive.