IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

even when typed in jest

"the wife"

is the new

"should of"

if I were god-moderator I'd ban people for saying that after the first offense

Just wanted to point out that "the wife" is grammatically fine; just like "the cat", "the president", "the kid(s)", "the boss", "the baby", "the neighbor" or any other time a noun can use a definite article. That is, if you're arguing it's grammatically incorrect like "should of" certainly is.

I know some feel it's depersonalizing, but I think that's more of a subject for the spouses themselves. Maybe his wife even uses "the husband" or "the hubs", herself? FWIW, I vaguely recall being chastised online for saying "my wife" because it implied patriarchal ownership, or something.

• Like 1

I've always preferred, "The Mrs." cuz that rightly suggests the actual matriarchal ownership. Any of the hipster dumb asses who want to quibble about how others refer to their wives can pound sand because we've been doing it that way before it was cool. In the rare case of married hipsters, the man should always remember that his wife simply refers to him by rolling her eyes. :roll:

• Like 1

I've always preferred, "The Mrs." cuz that rightly suggests the actual matriarchal ownership. Any of the hipster dumb asses who want to quibble about how others refer to their wives can pound sand because we've been doing it that way before it was cool. In the rare case of married hipsters, the man should always remember that his wife simply refers to him by rolling her eyes. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm also imagining air quotes around "man".

• Like 1

How dare you impose gender.

pac-man no longer exclusive, coming to best buy, with themed riser:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-pac-man-arcade-cabinet-with-riser-black/6333621.p?skuId=6333621

6333621_rd.jpg

kinda pricey though.

later

Agreed: $40 to add Pac-Man graphics?

That themed riser is cute. I'm a little surprised at the price, too -- especially since these were being blown out at half price so recently.

Walmart was blowing them out, not Best Buy, and that was in very select areas of the country and select stores.

If you're a fan of Space Invaders I think you'll be pleased with the cab. My only complaint so far is the sound is way too loud. I'm deaf in one ear and even on the low settings the sound is too much, especially when the UFO makes an appearance. I remedied it by placing a ceramic coaster over the speaker but then I couldn't hear the heartbeat thumps of the invaders marching. So for now I've got the cloth I use for wiping down fingerprints handy and folded and placed over the speaker. That works better for me although the wife says it's still too loud, haha.

Completed putting it together a few hours ago, have to agree with you on the sound but I'll go one step further and say its unacceptable. I haven't measured the decibel level but having 5 other cabs to compare it to I feel confident saying the low sound setting is louder than the loud sound settings on all other cabs.

It actually makes the game unplayable as it not only distracts from playing but hurts the ears. My cabs line the back wall of my home theater where my rear surround speakers happen to be and on low volume Space Invaders was still more distracting than the show I was streaming.

I have to call 1Up for a replacement deck protector (poor fit, possibly thinner that previous ones, cracked when putting screws in for control deck) and I intend to tell them the sound is a defect and they need to fix the issue. Let their engineers resolve this one, like with the other PCBA issues they've had.

Completed putting it together a few hours ago, have to agree with you on the sound but I'll go one step further and say its unacceptable. I haven't measured the decibel level but having 5 other cabs to compare it to I feel confident saying the low sound setting is louder than the loud sound settings on all other cabs.

It actually makes the game hard to play as it not only distracts from playing but hurts the ears. My cabs line the back wall of my home theater where my rear surround speakers happen to be and on low volume Space Invaders was still more distracting than the show I was streaming.

I have to call 1Up for a replacement deck protector (poor fit, possibly thinner that previous ones, cracked when putting screws in for control deck) and I intend to tell them the sound is a defect and they need to fix the issue. Let their engineers resolve this one, like with the other PCBA issues they've had.

It actually makes the game unplayable as it not only distracts from playing but hurts the ears. My cabs line the back wall of my home theater where my rear surround speakers happen to be and on low volume Space Invaders was still more distracting than the show I was streaming.

What engineers? They found a factory in China. That made a product. Would not change any of the product or the size. They made it legal and put put it out as is. They had quality issues. They never noticed it. They requested better quality poarts. And had the new ones made better. But the sound stayed the same. What engineers? Where are they at? Edited by Elvis

What engineers? They found a factory in China. That made a product. Would not change any of the product or the size. They made it legal and put put it out as is. They had quality issues. They never noticed it. They requested better quality poarts. And had the new ones made better. But the sound stayed the same. What engineers? Where are they at?

I will try to answer you questions to the best of my ability:

1. What engineers? I wouldn't know, I don't work for 1Up. In the past, 1Up has referred to "engineers" or "our engineers" in my dealings with them, specifically when it came to the sound issues / level freeze on the Rampage PCBA. As the Rampage board was revised and the issue partially resolved, I assumed their "engineers" resolved the issue. That, or the janitor.

2. What engineers? See my answer to question # 1.

3. Where are they at? Unknown; I believe Arcade1Up is based in the US, but I could be wrong. As to where their engineers are based out of, again, not being an employee nor privy to such information, I cannot say.

Hope that helps you Elvis.

From the latest Facebook post, looks like Golden Tee with the extras will

only be sold at Gamestop. So maybe other places will sell a regular one.

Arcade1UpOfficial The current version of Golden Tee with the light up marquee and custom riser is a game stop exclusive.

https://www.facebook.com/Arcade1UpOfficial/posts/574641686365195?comment_id=574709229691774&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R"}

later

Edited by negative1

I will try to answer you questions to the best of my ability:

1. What engineers? I wouldn't know, I don't work for 1Up. In the past, 1Up has referred to "engineers" or "our engineers" in my dealings with them, specifically when it came to the sound issues / level freeze on the Rampage PCBA. As the Rampage board was revised and the issue partially resolved, I assumed their "engineers" resolved the issue. That, or the janitor.

2. What engineers? See my answer to question # 1.

3. Where are they at? Unknown; I believe Arcade1Up is based in the US, but I could be wrong. As to where their engineers are based out of, again, not being an employee nor privy to such information, I cannot say.

Hope that helps you Elvis.

I knew that. I just said what engineers. I know that they found the product in China. Requested better parts. And can only sell what they make. And that is why the product is what it is. And is the company American? But I know they found the product in China. I also found the product on a place that sells bootleg guitars. And they made the product legal. Edited by Elvis

I knew that. I just said what engineers. I know that they found the product in China. Requested better parts. And can only sell what they make. And that is why the product is what it is. And is the company American? But I know they found the product in China. I also found the product on a place that sells bootleg guitars. And they made the product legal.

EVERYTHING nowadays is from China, one way, or another. :)