IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

How are they applying the artwork to these things, and is it still an issue? The last one I saw in a store, I was able to easily scrape the artwork off like it was crayon. The machine was already totally trashed, so I didn't feel bad about it. My only thought was that a decent clear coat application could have fixed that. It seems they may be screen printing the images directly onto the particle board, which would be fine as long as it adheres properly.

The sides and marquee are printed paper (instead of vinyl for a real arcade unit). I've seen them peel away a bit at the edges and it can be damaged by hitting it and/or abrasion, just like anything printed on paper. However I've pulled tape and stickers off of that several times before without issue. The kick plate looks painted the same as the control panel.. but it's unlikely that will be touched enough to have issues

For the control panel, they've added a thin protective layer over the paint, along with shipping a plastic deck protector with every wave 2 box. You'll still want to use the deck protector, because people have reported that the thin protective layer over the paint will still come up around the edges

Is there anything that can be done about the sound lag on the 1UP Arcade Atari units? Hidden service menu to tweak settings or anything like that? No real input lag that I can discern (which is refreshing on things like this for a change), but the audible delay is a MAJOR put off for me. Can't believe more people aren't talking about *that* aspect of these units. :ponder:

Also... Trackball in the Centipede cab is disappointingly digital. The 3rd party replacements that are available... do they operate in analog mode? Looks like maybe the spinner upgrade does...

I like my Street Fighter. But not being able to change the diffculty setting is bad. It is on a high setting and hard to play. With my tinnitus from playing the electric guitar the sound is too loud or louder. I wish it was like my old Big Williams cabinet. The sound is like a TV and can be raised up or down. My tinnitus is reactive. Every noise makes it go up. Bummer. I want the Final Fight and a Bar Top.

Edited by Elvis

I like my Street Fighter. But not being able to change the diffculty setting is bad. It is on a high setting and hard to play. With my tinnitus from playing the electric guitar the sound is too loud or louder. I wish it was like my old Big Williams cabinet. The sound is like a TV and can be raised up or down. My tinnitus is reactive. Every noise makes it go up. Bummer. I want the Final Fight and a Bar Top.

The easy thing is to cover up the holes to muffle the sound,

the second is to fix it to make it variable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfZ0Gm-ka

later