IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Are you sure you don't have a defective unit? I've also noticed you're the only person bringing it up... have you spotted the same sound delay on videos of the same machine(s)?

It's been a known delay across most of the games, maybe it's more noticeable on centipede and other games.

Most people don't know about it.

I'm using the USB mod, so I can access MAME directly and alter settings to minimize the issue.

later

Arcade1Up just announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Marvel Super Heroes cabinets, coming later this year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2019/06/10/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-and-marvel-super-heroes-home-arcade-machines-announced/#25bb1ef41e2b

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will feature two games:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989)
  • Turtles in Time (1991)

The Marvel Super Heroes machine will provide thee games:

• Marvel Super Heroes,
  • X-Men Children of the Atom,
  • The Punisher

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

Oh my. There are going to be a lot of very happy thirty-somethings as a result of this announcement.

Twenty-something here and the Marvel cab will likely be the one A1UP cab I buy. Hoping these are still hackable as while I love the game selection (Marvel Super Heroes is my favorite CPS-2 fighting game), Marvel vs Capcom 1 belongs here. TMNT would also interest me, but I was never a fan of its button layout and being authentic, the A1UP version has not changed anything about it. That and I've heard A1UP's 3 Player Rampage was very uncomfortable to play, so I can't imagine 4 player TMNT is going to play that much better...

Twenty-something here and the Marvel cab will likely be the one A1UP cab I buy. Hoping these are still hackable as while I love the game selection (Marvel Super Heroes is my favorite CPS-2 fighting game), Marvel vs Capcom 1 belongs here. TMNT would also interest me, but I was never a fan of its button layout and being authentic, the A1UP version has not changed anything about it. That and I've heard A1UP's 3 Player Rampage was very uncomfortable to play, so I can't imagine 4 player TMNT is going to play that much better...

Rampage wasn't good because they didn't increase the control panel width. TNMT will have a wider control panel (from the picture)... but the players in the middle will probably still be crammed together and the players on the end will see a washed out screen unless they've got a better panel for it / viewing angle issue

Rampage wasn't good because they didn't increase the control panel width. TNMT will have a wider control panel (from the picture)... but the players in the middle will probably still be crammed together and the players on the end will see a washed out screen unless they've got a better panel for it / viewing angle issue

Based on the video of four people playing together, it looks really cramped, at least by the hands moving the joysticks and the other players' button use. Outside of the panel itself, that doesn't bode well for larger-bodied gamers trying to play side-by-side. Otherwise, it seems like a good design and a reasonable price.

Based on the video of four people playing together, it looks really cramped, at least by the hands moving the joysticks and the other players' button use. Outside of the panel itself, that doesn't bode well for larger-bodied gamers trying to play side-by-side. Otherwise, it seems like a good design and a reasonable price.

Agreed. The middle gamers are basically holding hands in the promo picture!

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

• Like 1

Hoping these are still hackable as while I love the game selection (Marvel Super Heroes is my favorite CPS-2 fighting game), Marvel vs Capcom 1 belongs here.

They're all 'hackable', you can just add any machine you want to it, get a video converter,

and customize the control panel to whatever you want, add games that work with your machine, and done.

later

Edited by negative1

I don't have the room but damn I'm tempted by the TMNT cabinet. Ugh... I do have to wonder how they wrangled all those permissions for the TMNT licensing. You have the actual turtle owners/creators and their interested parties, then Konami was licensed and made those games, but then the turtles license has been shoveled between hands in like the last decade now. They must have put some good lawyer foot work in to pull that one off.

• Like 1

it's possible there may be a 'star wars' related game announced:

These are the options

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Manufacturer Year Type Description Images

Star Wars Atari 1983 Videogame

Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back Atari Games 1985 Videogame

Star Wars Arcade Sega 1993 Videogame

Star Wars Racer Arcade Sega 2000 Videogame

Star Wars Starfighter Tsunami Visual Technologies, Inc. 2003 Videogame

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade Sega 1998 Videogame

Return Of The Jedi Atari 1984 Videogame

later

I don't have the room but damn I'm tempted by the TMNT cabinet. Ugh... I do have to wonder how they wrangled all those permissions for the TMNT licensing. You have the actual turtle owners/creators and their interested parties, then Konami was licensed and made those games, but then the turtles license has been shoveled between hands in like the last decade now. They must have put some good lawyer foot work in to pull that one off.

Peter Laird bought out Kevin Eastman's half of the TMNT franchise, and eventually sold it to Viacom. Nickelodeon essentially owns the Ninja Turtles in totality under that brand.

it's possible there may be a 'star wars' related game announced:

These are the options

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Manufacturer Year Type Description Images

Star Wars Atari 1983 Videogame

Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back Atari Games 1985 Videogame

Star Wars Arcade Sega 1993 Videogame

Star Wars Racer Arcade Sega 2000 Videogame

Star Wars Starfighter Tsunami Visual Technologies, Inc. 2003 Videogame

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade Sega 1998 Videogame

Return Of The Jedi Atari 1984 Videogame

later

Under A1UP or AtGames? Either way, I doubt we'll get any of the Sega games. This will either be an Atari trilogy A1UP cabinet or AtGames putting the three Atari games on their cab.

Peter Laird bought out Kevin Eastman's half of the TMNT franchise, and eventually sold it to Viacom. Nickelodeon essentially owns the Ninja Turtles in totality under that brand.

Yes, it's straightforward now. Anything TMNT-related is Nickelodeon/Viacom these days. So they just needed Konami and Nick approval.

new announcements from E3:

Looking for a cool cocktail table? Meet our two head-to-head machines, available this fall at all major retailers for $499. Our Namco machine has 8 games (6 Pac-Man versions, Galaga and Dig Dug), while our Capcom machine has 12 games and stereo sound. There has never been a split screen Street Fighter until now, so get stoked!

Pac-man, Pac-Man plus, Pac N Pal, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, Dig Dug, Galaga

62450084_621643531665010_214359228307577

64233000_621643661664997_209617356350029

62390513_621643724998324_226237168241082

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

new announcements from E3:

Looking for a cool cocktail table? Meet our two head-to-head machines, available this fall at all major retailers for $499. Our Namco machine has 8 games (6 Pac-Man versions, Galaga and Dig Dug), while our Capcom machine has 12 games and stereo sound. There has never been a split screen Street Fighter until now, so get stoked!

Pac-man, Pac-Man plus, Pac N Pal, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, Dig Dug, Galaga

62450084_621643531665010_214359228307577

64233000_621643661664997_209617356350029

62390513_621643724998324_226237168241082

later

Now this I want! Though it needs Galaga art on it plus Galaxian rom :cool:

And a asteroids/asteroids deluxe next!

It will become my pizza and pop table. Just like bitd.

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 1