IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Most people hate Arcade 1 Up. Facebook clubs someone always pop up and say poo. Or a nasty giff. But even YouTube video gets the same people. A lot of YouTubers buy bootleg junk and sing the praises of the products. But pi*s on the legit products. I do not understand it.

Edited by Elvis

I'm sure it's relatively easy to put your own electronics in there to add road blasters, Firefox and few others that would make sense. I bet spy hunter and similar would work well also. I will probably have to get this one also....dammit. Any word on price, or if the control parts will be available alone?

I'm sure it's relatively easy to put your own electronics in there to add road blasters, Firefox and few others that would make sense. I bet spy hunter and similar would work well also. I will probably have to get this one also....dammit. Any word on price, or if the control parts will be available alone?

Sounds like just under $500 with riser and light up marquee. Maybe a retailer exclusive.

So what the hell exactly is going on with that SFII cocktail? A vertical 4:3 monitor playing a horizontal game, smooshed to half it's intended height?

There was a never a cocktail version originally released, so MAME mirrors the video for both players.

Also, its a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor.

later

So what the hell exactly is going on with that SFII cocktail? A vertical 4:3 monitor playing a horizontal game, smooshed to half it's intended height?

The China one had SNK games on it and Saterday Night Slam Masters. When they made it legal and got the rights to the games SNK games were gone. And Saterday Night Slam Masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x48ASZT6Bdc&feature=youtu.be&t=54&fbclid=IwAR1YvuARnBpGE_lsh9Ia6eR1hw23ip3ISGLNer1dKEhPhwaqYjGncEfO1Lo

The 12 games on the Street Fighter cocktail machine, from their facebook page:

Street Fighter

Street Fighter II: World Warrior

Street Fighter II: Championship Edition

Street Fighter II: Turbo Edition

Super Street Fighter II: New Challengers

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Darkstalkers

Final Fight

1944: The Loop Master

Ghosts’N Goblins

Strider

Commando

later

tbh I thought my Walmart had petered out on the whole arcade1up thing, but literally just last night I went there and they were fully stocked with Space Invaders, MK, Rampage, Galaga, Golden Tee, Pacman, and Street Fighter all there for sale.

• Like 1

First time poster and late to the game.

I just picked up the Centipede and Asteroids Deluxe Cabinets and we're loving them.

After reading this entire thread I had reservations but all of those have dissipated now.

Neither of our units have any noteworthy damage and the gameplay is better than I expected.

I already order the Thunderstick replacement spinner for the Asteroids game and since I'm not fond of the game titles being listed on the front of the cabinets I'm going to order kick plate graphics for both of them.

I love Defender and hate that they went with Rampage as the featured game on the Williams  Cabinet

So I plan to convert it by replacing the control panel plate with this version https://www.diyretroarcade.com/index.php/rampage-cpo-conversion-to-defender-control-deck-for-arcade1up.html

However, I'm going to have it customized so we can have a second joy stick and the Jump/Climb buttons for Joust and Rampage 2 player mod.

I plan to do the USB mod so I can remap the buttons for each game but I'm not sure if you can get that much control from the set up menus.

I'll replace all of the graphics with a Defender kit which may seem over the top to some of you but as I said, I LOVE Defender :)

1799045740_A1U001.thumb.jpg.dcc21d363ae46b6b09b78a268632d5fa.jpg    189322189_A1U002.thumb.jpg.4beec9a3a20ab7b7190588e82aa67934.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Boba Debt said:

First time poster and late to the game.

I just picked up the Centipede and Asteroids Deluxe Cabinets and we're loving them.

After reading this entire thread I had reservations but all of those have dissipated now.

Neither of our units have any noteworthy damage and the gameplay is better than I expected.

I already order the Thunderstick replacement spinner for the Asteroids game and since I'm not fond of the game titles being listed on the front of the cabinets I'm going to order kick plate graphics for both of them.

I love Defender and hate that they went with Rampage as the featured game on the Williams  Cabinet

So I plan to convert it by replacing the control panel plate with this version https://www.diyretroarcade.com/index.php/rampage-cpo-conversion-to-defender-control-deck-for-arcade1up.html

However, I'm going to have it customized so we can have a second joy stick and the Jump/Climb buttons for Joust and Rampage 2 player mod.

I plan to do the USB mod so I can remap the buttons for each game but I'm not sure if you can get that much control from the set up menus.

I'll replace all of the graphics with a Defender kit which may seem over the top to some of you but as I said, I LOVE Defender :)

1799045740_A1U001.thumb.jpg.dcc21d363ae46b6b09b78a268632d5fa.jpg    189322189_A1U002.thumb.jpg.4beec9a3a20ab7b7190588e82aa67934.jpg

nice idea.

you should add a inviso button, and mod it to play Stargate (Defender 2) also, that would be cool.

later

14 hours ago, Boba Debt said:

I feel similarly, but in my case it's Joust. Nothing against Rampage, it's a fun and unique game. But for me, if it would have had Joust artwork, I wouldn't have been able to resist it!

• Like 1