IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Yeah I think the only reason why they went with Rampage was because it coincided with the release of the Rampage movie (with the Rock). Such an unfortunate choice.. had they chosen Joust or Defender artwork, or a combo of some sort, I think that would have been better received. THOSE are the classic cabs, not Rampage.   

Actually I still think they should just do a standard multi-Williams cab with Defender/Stargate/Joust/Robotron. Similar to the the full blown ones that go for a few grand, but in standard cheapo Arcade1up style. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NE146 said:

Yeah I think the only reason why they went with Rampage was because it coincided with the release of the Rampage movie (with the Rock). Such an unfortunate choice.. had they chosen Joust or Defender artwork, or a combo of some sort, I think that would have been better received. THOSE are the classic cabs, not Rampage.   

Actually I still think they should just do a standard multi-Williams cab with Defender/Stargate/Joust/Robotron. Similar to the the full blown ones that go for a few grand, but in standard cheapo Arcade1up style. :)

I wonder how well the defender countercade and wallcade will do. I'm getting the wallcade because it actually has enough space for the controls.

Don't care for Defender artwork though, i prefer joust.

later

I have been racking my brain trying to make the Defender control panel work for all 4 games and this is what I cam up with so far:

127133086_DefenderControlPanelMod003.thumb.jpg.a99462e00b39ab2d087e2562afa37eb7.jpg

The Defender buttons are marked and you would use the left Joy Stick

Joust would use the red J/F button for FLAP

Rampage would use the red J/F button for JUMP and the white P/M button for PUNCH

Gauntlet would use the red J/F button for FIRE and the white P/M button for MAGIC (I never played this game so I'm not sure about these controls)

I mostly want to play Defender and Joust but might play Rampage.  Not to sure if I would play Gauntlet.

Anyone think this would work?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Lol. For $300 they are still over priced. Getting this one for $150 was a good deal. Also helps that there are easy kits to mod them now instead of having to hack shit together.

You should have kept looking, most places are getting rid of them for $75-$125 nowadays.

Well enjoy your machine.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, negative1 said:

You should have kept looking, most places are getting rid of them for $75-$125 nowadays.

Well enjoy your machine.

later

The first wave ones are $75 (Centipede, Asteroids) but I'm not really interested in those, as the quality was still lacking compared to these. Plus nowhere near me has them in stock. The only brick and mortar stores in my area still carrying them are Walmart's, nobody else

is stocking them. I'm not really enthused with getting one shipped to my house, because our usual UPS guy is a lazy asshole, He'll leave it out in the rain uncovered on my front stairs instead of carrying it to my covered side porch.

I might pick up a Galaga in a few weeks when they get a bit cheaper and mod that one, so I can keep the Pac-Man stock. 

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

The first wave ones are $75 (Centipede, Asteroids) but I'm not really interested in those, as the quality was still lacking compared to these. Plus nowhere near me has them in stock. The only brick and mortar stores in my area still carrying them are Walmart's, nobody else

is stocking them. I'm not really enthused with getting one shipped to my house, because our usual UPS guy is a lazy asshole, He'll leave it out in the rain uncovered on my front stairs instead of carrying it to my covered side porch.

I might pick up a Galaga in a few weeks when they get a bit cheaper and mod that one, so I can keep the Pac-Man stock. 

Who has Centipede and Asteroids for $75?

I would love to get one of each for future multi game mods

1 minute ago, Boba Debt said:

Who has Centipede and Asteroids for $75?

I would love to get one of each for future multi game mods

They were at Walmart for those prices. Unfortunately, for those interested, it's up to individual store managers to price products, so it's inconsistent and varies by location.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

They were at Walmart for those prices. Unfortunately, for those interested, it's up to individual store managers to price products, so it's inconsistent and varies by location.

Right. The lowest these games ever got by me was $150. Funny, shortly after I purchased the pair... I noticed they went back up in price to $299. Two Walmart's by me both received new stock of Asteroids and Centipede and priced back at MSRP after they "closed" them out at $150. Exactly par for the Walmart course.   ;)

And yes, I had an employee scan the UPC to verify the $299 price.   :ponder:

Thanks to Bill I just picked up a regular Asteroids at Wal-Mart for $75

I hope this has the right kind of LCD to be used as a horizontal 60-1, if not I can return it.

If you're really knowledgeable about building machines and wouldn't mind discussing the subject via a phone call message me with your number and a good time to call.

Thanks

20 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

D9tmWQ2WkAA-W11?format=jpg&name=large

Danger... . I don't see the deck protector on there. You're going to want one of them before you errantly run your fingernail over an area.. which is exactly what I did ?   Although it kind of sucks since they charge for it now instead of sending them out for free. The good thing though is it comes with a duplicate control panel artwork so even if you do maul it up it won't matter.. 

https://arcade1up.com/products/pacman-control-panel-overlay

On 6/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, NE146 said:

Danger... . I don't see the deck protector on there. You're going to want one of them before you errantly run your fingernail over an area.. which is exactly what I did ?   Although it kind of sucks since they charge for it now instead of sending them out for free. The good thing though is it comes with a duplicate control panel artwork so even if you do maul it up it won't matter.. 

already ordered. they don't sell those in store, so I had to wait to buy one first.

2 hours ago, NE146 said:

Just a note to anyone still buying the old, no protector included, cabs: A1U is still ..usually.. shipping out panel protectors if you get a pic/scan of your receipt to attach and send them a nicely worded email (or call) saying that you bought the cab just recently and if they could send you a control deck protector

I got a couple of the centipede machines for $75 recently and got them to send me a couple of protectors for free by doing that. It seems that most people are successful at this, but not everybody

If I could find one of the first runs for $75 (any game set, really), I'd jump on it right away. The local Wal-Marts near me have been keeping these things at full price, and the cheapest Wal-Mart's website will go on the Centipede when I checked yesterday is about $170 or so.

Edited by Austin

On 6/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

Yeah - apparently most Walmart's are semi-independently owned/franchises, so they don't have to honor the same price that another local/regional store might have, and it's entirely up to the discretion of the local manager. They also don't price match anywhere but the Walmart.com website, so if another store 3 towns over from you is having a sale on sometime, but your closest one isn't - you're more than likely going to have to take the longer hike to get the better price.

Also - I just figured out why mine was $150. They were closing out the old leftover Black Friday/December Pac-Man stock that has the wrong molding/piping. I didn't even realize it until last night, but mine is missing the red edge molding - instead it's just black. So I guess mine was a "Special Edition" LOL. Apparently they made about 800 with black molding before catching the mistake and making the rest with the red.

It appears that Defender is definitely coming which I'm extremely excited about that!! But wouldn't it just be a natural to have a cabinet with Defender and Stargate together??

Also what about a Cabinet with Tron , Gorf and Zaxxon since they all used the same type of controller. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Earl said:

It appears that Defender is definitely coming which I'm extremely excited about that!! But wouldn't it just be a natural to have a cabinet with Defender and Stargate together??

Also what about a Cabinet with Tron , Gorf and Zaxxon since they all used the same type of controller. 

are you talking about the countercade? i mentioned that in that thread.

the wallcade was supposed to be coming out also later this year.

the tron/gorf/zaxxon would be cool but impossible due to sega and bally - midway licensing.

later

Edited by negative1

• 2 weeks later...