IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Arcade1UpOfficial - Giveaway Marvel Superheroes Cabinet - Facebook Page

We are super stoked about our upcoming Marvel home arcade cabinet! So today, to celebrate the first day of Comic-Con, and the 80th anniversary of Marvel, we are going to give one away! To enter, please tag your own personal super hero in the comments below. We will randomly select one winner from all the comments and announce the winner this Sunday at noon.

later

8 hours ago, JBerel said:

For the few seconds it was in use, the crosshairs weren't moving at all in sync with the controller movements.

From the facebook page it was unclear, they were inviting people to come by and try it. So i figured it was a working prototype,

and there was this comment which means it was a working version:

" We’ve had several experts and enthusiasts test our prototype yoke here at SDCC and they all came away pretty pleased for a commercial home arcade cabinet. It still needs work but we’re on it and and taking feedback at the show.
Is it going to be exactly like the $500 after market yokes? No, that’s not feasible. But we are confident people will be happy with our final product. We are treating the Star Wars license with love and respect and working with the Lucasfilm team on the code and artwork to make the best experience possible. This is not some 2600 knock-off posing as the arcade version either. This is a labor of love. Lucasfilm is excited for THIS home arcade product! "

later

39 minutes ago, teh_lurv said:

The Marvel cabinet is available for pre-order @ $400 exclusively through the Arcade1Up website:

https://arcade1up.com/products/marvel-cabinet

According to the webpage the cabinet is going to be limited to 8,000 units, so anyone who has expressed interested in owning this cabinet may want to pre-order now.

thats just for the limited edition. most likely there will be a standard one.

also, it looks like star wars will have the same pre-order coming up.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/cabinets/products/star-wars-pre-order

cabinets-starwars-ltd3_600x.png?v=156295

Maybe it will be $499

THE STAR WARS™ HOME ARCADE GAME

PRE-ORDER COMING SOON 

The Star Wars™ Home Arcade Game features the artwork from the original arcade machine on the cabinet and the included riser. The just over 5’ tall machine (with riser) comes with a light up marquee, full-color 17” display and dual speakers. These features, combined with the real-feel flight yoke and control buttons allow for endless hours of gaming! The Star Wars™ Home Arcade Game is easy to assemble and comes with a clear deck protector. 

The Star Wars™ Home Arcade Game features the original arcade versions of the classic games based on Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi!

FEATURES & SPECS

• Dimensions: 20” D x 18.75” W x 60.8" H (with Riser)
  • Box dimensions: 11.25” D x 47.75” W x 23.75” H
  • Weight: 92lbs
  • 3 Games in 1
  • Custom Riser With Original Artwork
  • 1 Player
  • 17" Color LCD Screen 
  • Real Feel 4 Button/ Trigger Style Flight Yoke
  • Dual Speakers 
  • Game Settings Menu
  • Light Up Marquee
  • Records Your High Scores
  • Clear Deck Protector
  • Adjustable Variable Volume 
  • Anti-Tip Over Strap

later

Edited by negative1

Did they ever fix the issue with the panel art falling off? I saw the plexiglass thing, but was hoping they'd simply improve the art quality instead. I know I can't expect the world for 300 bucks, just wondering.

edit- I see the mention of the deck protector, so perhaps not. Haven't been following this much lately. Edited by Zookeeper

4 minutes ago, Zookeeper said:

Did they ever fix the issue with the panel art falling off? I saw the plexiglass thing, but was hoping they'd simply improve the art quality instead. I know I can't expect the world for 300 bucks, just wondering.

Panel art falling off?

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

He's talking about the control panel art paint rubbing off. 

I dont know that they they fixed it, but when you order a plexi panel protector, they give you new artwork to lay over the damaged one. 

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

To answer Zookeeper, yes, it appears they have, to some extent.  I believe it was first identified with the Space Invader's cab but I could be mistaken, there should be a post or reference about it in this thread, and I believe it originated on reddit. 

The overall "paint" process seems to have changed, better quality and it is visible on both the control deck artwork and the marquee in my opinion, and to a lesser extent on the side panels. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, the SAMS club exclusive has 2 less games, but includes 2 stools with it.

Arcade_PacMan_HeadtoHead.jpg

So you only get the 6 pac games.

https://toybook.com/arcade-resurgence-bringing-the-action-home/

"Additionally, Arcade1Up will deliver a new version of a gaming experience that should be familiar to anyone who had a chance to eat at a Pizza Hut in the mid-1980s: the Namco Head-to-Head Pac-Man table. A 3/4-scale version of the tabletop staple that was made famous in the fast-casual pizza emporiums, the basic edition will feature Pac-Man, Pac-Land, Dig-Dig, and Galaga, alongside other Pac-related titles, in a self-contained table. The built-in screen flips side to side for genuine two-player action. A Sam’s Club exclusive will feature six titles and a pair of matching stools. The company will also issue a Capcom Head-to-Head Street Fighter table this fall. "

later

On 8/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, negative1 said:

Interestingly, the SAMS club exclusive has 2 less games, but includes 2 stools with it.

Arcade_PacMan_HeadtoHead.jpg

So you only get the 6 pac games.

https://toybook.com/arcade-resurgence-bringing-the-action-home/

"Additionally, Arcade1Up will deliver a new version of a gaming experience that should be familiar to anyone who had a chance to eat at a Pizza Hut in the mid-1980s: the Namco Head-to-Head Pac-Man table. A 3/4-scale version of the tabletop staple that was made famous in the fast-casual pizza emporiums, the basic edition will feature Pac-Man, Pac-Land, Dig-Dig, and Galaga, alongside other Pac-related titles, in a self-contained table. The built-in screen flips side to side for genuine two-player action. A Sam’s Club exclusive will feature six titles and a pair of matching stools. The company will also issue a Capcom Head-to-Head Street Fighter table this fall. "

later

Man, I sure hope they will make Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe and Galaga/Galaxian cocktails!:cool:

Edited by Trinity