IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

I wonder how easily or not it would be to rig one of those 60in1 iCade PCBs into that cocktail design.  The iCade is fairly small and overly simple, I would think a long as you could run the wiring from the joystick lines and the other set to the VGA(etc) output it has it would work.  I'm only aware of them to a point because I had to bypass a few things when I got a free cocktail with a partly damaged iCade inside (sound amp was destroyed) that also lacked a LCD too.

Good grief so I finally got a replacement spinner from Glen's retroshow.. only to find friggin Arcade1up GLUED all the connectors and screws under the control panel making it a huge pain to make changes. I just about bent the plastic of the connectors apart just to get it separated. Thankfully it all worked out and the new spinner works great, but I have to wonder, why the heck would A1up do that. when they themselves sell replacement parts for the control panels????? It boggles the mind.  

4 hours ago, NE146 said:

Good grief so I finally got a replacement spinner from Glen's retroshow.. only to find friggin Arcade1up GLUED all the connectors and screws under the control panel making it a huge pain to make changes. I just about bent the plastic of the connectors apart just to get it separated. Thankfully it all worked out and the new spinner works great, but I have to wonder, why the heck would A1up do that. when they themselves sell replacement parts for the control panels????? It boggles the mind.  

not really, they never intended to sell replacement parts. so all the original ones had glue.

not sure if the newer cabinets are that way or not also.

later

1 minute ago, JBerel said:

Are 4 people supposed to play that thing in some capacity??

No, Karate Champ uses 2 joysticks to play per player, I'm guessing one to move and the other for kicks, punches etc. (not sure I ever played it before). 

Think Robotron if it was a two player simultaneous game. 

3 hours ago, Zoyous said:

So? Obviously you just need to mod the angle of your walls!

Actually, people standing didn't have a problem. Haven't seen them with people sitting,

or them on desks. I'm sure you can adjust the height you place it at.

I'm getting 2 of them eventually, so will find out then.

later

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'd love to have that TMNT one, just not sure where I'd fit it in nor do I want to hear the complaining about me stuffing more things into my space.  It would be nice if Simpsons could get hacked into it.

All of them can be hacked, what do you mean. If you're going to replace the inside system, you might as well throw whatever you want in there.

But the pi is pretty underpowered, might need a pc.

later

I'm not familiar with the insides as I don't keep up.  I was just recalling the original games had similar hardware or shared it, I forget exactly.  So I was just thinking it would be nice to see Simpsons added into the system for play.  I don't really mean officially as that's a licensing trap they'd have sorted out already if they cared to.