IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

26 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Well a common height for cocktails is ~30 inches or so, and these are apparently 24".   But, I mean you're sitting and you're looking down anyway so if you want a riser it's just so the monitor is closer to your face I guess. ?

Less hunch would be my preference. Get a shorter stool and some of us might not be able to get out of it so easy!  lol

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.29.34 PM.png

• Haha 1

I have such a silly internal struggle raging within me over this. My nostalgic heart thinks the old form factor is charming. My realistic brain says I have all these games in many other formats, and it's way more practical and comfortable to play on a TV or computer screen from a sofa or office chair. What to do, what to do. 

30 minutes ago, JBerel said:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7zeDFQEM2KFFMUao0jpdnDd9v65VoYpRlKrAC5bgRkwRnitLsKt-mGbVPGQdByfs9jfjRvptF-ixBcEBN-tq3toUFsP1ZKI221JyBFilleM01twZXcN3v&usqp=CAE

Build a proper one your damn self with whatever games you want in it, or GTFO.

Building one is much cheaper. But then you go down the illegal licensing route. UNLESS of course, 

you use a console, with licenesed versions or a pc with the same.

I looked into the costs, and it was cheaper to build your own, but a lot more hassle.

still thinking about it.

later

On 10/2/2019 at 3:45 PM, JBerel said:

Build a proper one your damn self with whatever games you want in it, or GTFO.

1. Person with little to no woodworking experience thinks, "How hard can it really be to build a wooden box?"

2. Hundreds of dollars and several hours later, person discovers how hard it really is to properly build a wooden box.

3. A partially assembled mess gathers dust as months pass.

4. Goto 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Turtles has the wrong theam music it was rerecorded and has a femail character. Emulation was mame. So they may not be using it. The emulation was not letting them use 1 Turtle. So some are angy and refussing to buy the unit. They said the should have told us. I said you would have still fussed and cussed. But it has a better screen and controles. 

The black coktail Street Fighter will have Sanwan sticks. I like the new stuff. 

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

Turtles has the wrong theam music it was rerecorded and has a femail character. Emulation was mame. So they may not be using it. The emulation was not letting them use 1 Turtle. So some are angy and refussing to buy the unit. They said the should have told us. I said you would have still fussed and cussed. But it has a better screen and controles. 

The black coktail Street Fighter will have Sanwan sticks. I like the new stuff. 

The music is not wrong, just different.  Same song, different recording, as you stated. 

Wrong song would be if they used something from Vanilla Ice, as some have joked. 

While an employee has posted publicly it was a rights issue, it has not been officially addressed by 1Up, which, really, they should do on their site or official social media.

No idea what you're talking about with missing turtle, girl turtle, etc.

Nice to know about stick upgrade.

2 hours ago, Zoyous said:

1. Person with little to no woodworking experience thinks, "How hard can it really be to build a wooden box?"

2. Hundreds of dollars and several hours later, person discovers how hard it really is to properly build a wooden box.

3. A partially assembled mess gathers dust as months pass.

4. Goto 3

Yeah that happens, but they do have pre-cut kits ready to assemble. But then, I do know more than a few people who are useless with a screwdriver.

https://www.monsterarcades.com/

Still, there's nothing better than having a functional toy like that you built yourself.  

MameContolPanel.jpg

But, I could be wrong.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, John Stamos Mullet said:
On 8/13/2018 at 6:10 PM, F34R said:

When you're mashing on the buttons, you can hear them, correct? Yes.

they are showing off microswitch buttons which click when pressed. Classic Arcade games didnt use microswitches, they used leaf switches, which dont click are are far more responsive.

Every classic Nintendo arcade game used microswitches for both the buttons and the joystick, e.g., Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Popeye, Mario Bros., Punch-Out, Super Punch-Out, etc. Atari's "cone buttons" used microswitches, which were used for Missile Command's three gameplay buttons (cone buttons were usually only used for the player start buttons).

There's no difference in responsiveness between a microswitch and a leaf switch, as they are both digital switches (i.e., they only have two states: open or closed). There is only a difference in sound and feel, plus, leaf switches can be adjusted by bending them to change the point during the button's or joystick's travel at which they close.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:42 PM, Tanooki said:

Don't those replicades go for around $200 as it is anyway which seems a bit extreme. Lop off 2" and you're at the $99 and under MyArcade arcade cabinets, go up another few feet and $100-200 and you get a cabaret sized modern flimsy cabinet. I hope that thing from 1uparcade can take the usual kick punch and slap people do when they get pissed at the real things as I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped.

It isn't even cabaret-sized, it's only 4' tall which makes it Moppet-sized (4'-tall arcade machines made in 1982 by a company called Moppet Video exclusively for Chuck E. Cheese, intended for children age 3 to 8). Unlike this thing, Moppet cabinets were built to true arcade standards, just scaled down.

A real cabaret machine would look big next to one of these. Cabarets have normal-height control panels (the normal height for a control panel is about 36" to 40", depending on the angle of its slope and the height of the leg levelers). They are usually about a foot shorter than a standard upright (around 5' rather than 6'), and they are narrower and have less depth. They weigh around 200 pounds (compared to around 300 pounds for an upright, or a comical 58 pounds for the Arcade1Up). For example, here are the specifications for Atari Centipede:

Type     Height  Width   Depth   Weight     
-----------------------------------------
Cabaret: 60"     20.50"  24.75"  220 lbs.
Upright: 71"     26.75"  32.25"  307 lbs.

Cabarets are perfectly playable due to the most important part being at the correct height (the control panel), plus they are heavy enough to be a stable platform for "spirited" gameplay.

Edited by MaximRecoil
  • Like 1