IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

58 minutes ago, amiman99 said:

I have a question to anyone who have done it,

I have SFII Arcade1up cabinet and I was thinking to swap the PCB to Mortal Kombat one. Will the buttons map properly, or some major rewiring is needed?

In perfect scenario, the middle buttons will map to BLOCK and RUN.

What do you think?

No rewiring is needed just plug and play. So it could be done. 

I checked one of our local area Walmarts today and no Star Wars, but they did have a TMNT and its riser set up for play, so I tried it out. Fun, fun, fun! The sound was good, the graphics bright and crisp, and the controls seemed good as well. My only nitpick was the cabinet was a bit wobbly on its riser, but I sort of forced it a tiny bit to see what would happen. Doesn't seem bad when playing and I even forgot myself and was mashing the controls like I would on a new arcade cab without issue. Brought back memories as I brought up my favorite turtle and hacked away at the Foot Clan. So much fun, I had to force myself to shut the unit down and walk away after the first round as I felt like staying there all day! If there had been one available for sale, I would have bought it.

13 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Are the Star Wars machines going to be sold at Walmart? Thought that particular offering was a little "higher end" at $500-$600 and was only to be sold through game stores like LameStop or eBay. Basically, internet sales is all I've seen them so far.

Their app shows a lower in store price so I would think so.  I believe the first preorders shipped were Walmart preorders, leaving the Gamestop preorder people a little pissed.  Oh and the Star Wars cab is $499 online.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Their app shows a lower in store price so I would think so.  I believe the first preorders shipped were Walmart preorders, leaving the Gamestop preorder people a little pissed.  Oh and the Star Wars cab is $499 online.

I see one $499 offering now on eBay. For a while (guess to be expected for super early sales) they were much higher. Like these:  :grin:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xarcade+1up+star+wars.TRS0&_nkw=arcade+1up+star+wars&_sacat=0

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Filthy scalpers. That's a big box to ship, it weighs almost 90 lbs. 

True, but at least with the store shipments, they're stacked on a pallet. Don't know how many trips via UPS and their distructo-centers they'd be able to take all by themselves. Talk about gambling! Yikes.  ?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Go to the previous thread page, my Gamestop order arrived last Friday, which was 2 days after the release.  They just never told me it was on the way!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Go to the previous thread page, my Gamestop order arrived last Friday, which was 2 days after the release.  They just never told me it was on the way!

You lucked out then, I know in the Facebook 1Up group a lot of people with Gamestop orders wanted to know where they were when the Walmart people got theirs.

8 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

It's funny how in some areas, these things fly off the shelves and they can't keep them in stock, and in others, they can't give them away, and are liquidating them for $75.

Yeah, they only closed out the two Atari models at $150ea. around by me. Never saw them dip below that. Even Pac-Man is still at $299.

1 hour ago, simbalion said:

Oh and a quick note that I wasn't able to edit into my last post. I checked out Walmart's site and the Star Wars game has disappeared totally from their listings as far as I can tell.

I wouldn't read into too much, it's happened before with Walmart.