IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

48 minutes ago, negative1 said:

QVC pac-man 4 game variant, with pac-man, pac-man plus, pac n pal, pac-mania

with lighted marquee and riser.

later

This is intriguing, and looks great.  Love the art, esp on the Riser.  Right now though, it's $400, without Free Shipping, so a bit much.  Considering that much would get you the Limited version of the Marvel cab with Sanwa Sticks and the Riser.  But again, this is very, very nice.  Scratching my chin and adding to my "someday" want list :)

7 hours ago, negative1 said:

it's been a pretty active rumor, maybe at the CES show, they'll have one, if they do, they'll throw discs of tron on there also.

later

I got to admit, I have been thinking recently that apart from Light Gun games, Tron would be high up there on my "immediate buy" lists.  It would sure make a terrific partner to the Star Wars machine, which I adore completely.  Tron's Spinner plus joystick with trigger is really just not easy to emulate.  And plus the original cabinet looks so great, especially with the lit up flight stick, this would be an AMAZING Arcade 1up.  In addition to that, the fact that the original game is four (mini) games in 1, this would be a huge draw.  And I'm with you, -1, thro Discs of Tron in there too.

Tron.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, Curious Sofa said:

I got to admit, I have been thinking recently that apart from Light Gun games, Tron would be high up there on my "immediate buy" lists.  It would sure make a terrific partner to the Star Wars machine, which I adore completely.  Tron's Spinner plus joystick with trigger is really just not easy to emulate.  And plus the original cabinet looks so great, especially with the lit up flight stick, this would be an AMAZING Arcade 1up.  In addition to that, the fact that the original game is four (mini) games in 1, this would be a huge draw.  And I'm with you, -1, thro Discs of Tron in there too.

I would buy the Tron in an instant if it became available for the reasons above - unique controls that can't duplicate the experience otherwise. 

Up until 2 years ago I had the arcade in my house, and I sold it.  Why?  Because it worked perfectly, and I realized that some day it would stop working.  Better to let some other person that is willing to pay for a fully working 35+ year old machine and deal with its impending upkeep than having me stuck with a broken machine.   Still hurts a little though!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Austin said:

Does anyone here have any experience in dealing with Arcade1UP's customer support? I picked up a MK model and the sound is not functioning.

No I personally do not. But the customer support sucks. And you can never get through to them. The Club hates that about the company. Return it and get another. 

Edited by Elvis

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Does anyone here have any experience in dealing with Arcade1UP's customer support? I picked up a MK model and the sound is not functioning.

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

No I personally do not. But the customer support sucks. And you can never get through to them. The Club hates that about the company. Return it and get another. 

Elvis isn't wrong; love for their products, but hate their current support system.  The original, while not perfect, did a much better job and got things done.  Now?  No phone support, no escalation procedure and a lot of tickets just "ghost" the customer.  You either get your parts or you don't, and you may not have any clue on the when or if.  Totally unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Elvis isn't wrong; love for their products, but hate their current support system.  The original, while not perfect, did a much better job and got things done.  Now?  No phone support, no escalation procedure and a lot of tickets just "ghost" the customer.  You either get your parts or you don't, and you may not have any clue on the when or if.  Totally unacceptable.

I love the product but that is the truth.  Some at the Arcade 1 Up club hates the A@TGames machine and their past quality history. Yet they are doing a much better job in the customer service and quality of their arcade machine. 

Edited by Elvis

18 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I love the product but that is the truth.  Some at the Arcade 1 Up club hates the A@TGames machine and their past quality history. Yet they are doing a much better job in the customer service and quality of their arcade machine. 

Support is key, whether it's a QC issue they missed in assembly (and they still happen, even with the latest Marvel LE cab) or damage in store or shipping.  Their support is also not on the same page nor seemingly following any set guidelines or procedures, also something a support system needs to have.  One rep might tell you they don't replace one thing, while another will, or, worse yet, they have no such fix or replacement when others have clearly received it (the notorious unicorn "Galaga" replacement PCBA).  I'd love to do a Q & A with them and help get things sorted out.

2 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Support is key, whether it's a QC issue they missed in assembly (and they still happen, even with the latest Marvel LE cab) or damage in store or shipping.  Their support is also not on the same page nor seemingly following any set guidelines or procedures, also something a support system needs to have.  One rep might tell you they don't replace one thing, while another will, or, worse yet, they have no such fix or replacement when others have clearly received it (the notorious unicorn "Galaga" replacement PCBA).  I'd love to do a Q & A with them and help get things sorted out.

True. And what people do not understand is this. The product was a bootleg product made in China. Sold at the places they sold bootleg guitars. Telemaskers found the product and made it legal. And worked with game companies to get the licences to the games. Some will say why wont they make it full size etc.. I think because the factory would make no such changes. And to keep the price down. So they requested better quality parts, screen etc.. And if people wood understand that then they may like the product or have a better understanding of their business plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

Some will say why wont they make it full size etc.. I think because the factory would make no such changes.

Huh? The factory does whatever you pay them to do. The size of the cabinet is so that an average adult can move these things around without needing to team up and use straps and a handtruck; and so retailers can fit more stock in their limited shelf space.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Austin said:

I have bought 3 products from them, Pac-Man stand up, and Dig Dug countercade for myself. Street Fighter 2 for my friend.

All 3 were in perfect, mint condition, no issues, no problems, and still going strong on the stand ups a year later with 0 issues.

The countercade is also in mint condition.

I ordered the 2 free deck protectors a week after 1 got them, and got a prompt reply and shipping about a week later

with 0 problems.

Sure, other people have had problems and issues, I know that. But not everyone does.

If it's taking awhile, take things into your own hands, and don't wait around for weeks or months for them to fix it.

I have nothing to say but praise, and great experience with the company, the products on the other hand

are mediocre, and subpar, and need modding to make the standups useful.

The countercade is fine, but i'm modding it anyways, just to fix a few major issues with the gameplay

of dig dug 2, and also to add my own emulator and games to it.

=================

Sure, go ahead and return it if its not a simple fix (loose cable, etc), but if you want better

quality, just replace the parts with your own (pi, pc) and just move on.

That way you won't be disappointed waiting.

later

4 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Thanks for the feedback. Checking online, it seems the support is hit or miss. I just submitted a support ticket. Will post here when it gets sorted out.

4 hours ago, negative1 said:

I have bought 3 products from them, Pac-Man stand up, and Dig Dug countercade for myself. Street Fighter 2 for my friend.

All 3 were in perfect, mint condition, no issues, no problems, and still going strong on the stand ups a year later with 0 issues.

The countercade is also in mint condition.

I ordered the 2 free deck protectors a week after 1 got them, and got a prompt reply and shipping about a week later

with 0 problems.

Sure, other people have had problems and issues, I know that. But not everyone does.

If it's taking awhile, take things into your own hands, and don't wait around for weeks or months for them to fix it.

I have nothing to say but praise, and great experience with the company, the products on the other hand

are mediocre, and subpar, and need modding to make the standups useful.

The countercade is fine, but i'm modding it anyways, just to fix a few major issues with the gameplay

of dig dug 2, and also to add my own emulator and games to it.

=================

Sure, go ahead and return it if its not a simple fix (loose cable, etc), but if you want better

quality, just replace the parts with your own (pi, pc) and just move on.

That way you won't be disappointed waiting.

later

I have had no issues either with my Street Fighter but sadly most people have had issues with quality and customer service. My Plexiglas came to me when it was free. People at the club asked for 1 thing and got another or 200 free Pac Man screens. Guess what they did? Because it was a shity company with shity customer service so they said. They sold them. And did not tell Arcade 1 Up. It was a mess. So customer service is a hit or miss. just return it and buy another one.  

Edited by Elvis

So I contacted them and had to jump through a few hoops (provide video proof of the issue, for instance), but they have already put in an order for a new volume switch and speaker. Though I'm guessing they forgot these switches are soldered in..

Apparently they are working daily through the holidays, so if anyone does have an issue you should at least get a response back fairly quickly.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Received my replacement speaker and power/volume switches over the weekend for the MK machine I bought a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately the power/volume switches are glued into place on my model. Having a hell of a time trying to get the screws out to make that swap, I changed gears and did the speaker first. Thankfully that did the trick and I now have sound on my unit.

Does anyone else here have a MK model? There are some noticeable, loud pops on occasional sound effects in UMK3. MK1 and MK2 are fine with no issues, making me think it's an emulation issue.

45 minutes ago, Austin said:

Unfortunately the power/volume switches are glued into place on my model.

Yep.. I dealt with that bullshit too on my 12-in-1.  Thankfully what I found is a hot blow dryer does a good enough job to soften that glue to make it easier to remove screws/parts.