IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

24 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Yep.. I dealt with that bullshit too on my 12-in-1.  Thankfully what I found is a hot blow dryer does a good enough job to soften that glue to make it easier to remove screws/parts.

Noted! Thankfully the switches weren't the problem, but in case something ever happens I will keep that in mind in the future. 

from 1UP:

https://arcade1up.com/products/burger-time-arcade-machine

cab-burgertime_05_600x.png?v=1577998297

BURGERTIME ARCADE CABINET
$399.00

PRE-ORDER NOW
EXCLUSIVELY SOLD ON OUR WEBSITE - LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE!
It’s BURGER TIME! Help Chef Peter Pepper complete orders of hamburgers with Arcade1Up’s debut of the iconic arcade game "BurgerTime," in a 3/4 scale at-home arcade format. Travel through different mazes of increasing difficulty to complete the assembly of burgers, while avoiding Mr. Hot Dog, Mr. Pickle, and Mr. Egg.

With only a limited quantity of machines made, these limited edition machines feature original artwork, full-color 17” display, two sets of controls with full-size joysticks and buttons, and multiple games. This unit also features a light-up marquee, matching riser, and a unique form factor true to the original version with rounded side panels. Additional games include: Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja.

Ships to USA and Canada only, while supplies last! Order now for a ship date of March 1st. Please note your credit card will be charged in full once you place your order.

later

• Haha 1

There might be a frogger cabinet, and NBA JAM with online capabilities,
along with a sega cabinet:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2020/01/06/arcade1up-introduces-online-enabled-nba-jam-cabinet-burger-time-special-edition-and-more

The NBA Jam cabinet features online functionality "allowing users to play with other Arcade1Up cabinets in drop-in style games" in North America and features NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, and NBA Hang Time.

Also unveiled are a sit-down style Star Wars cabinet, a new Frogger cabinet and a SEGA Golden Axe cabinet featuring five games: Golden Axe, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Wrestle Wars, and Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder.

later

• Like 1

More information:

https://dadarocks.com/2020/01/06/ces-2020-arcade1up-announces-the-next-wave/?fbclid=IwAR1YTJxK6FXDDmEVMmRTHRKHgW2hbcTCfS3g5PFj9WmIvAF8dETyPRFQtqA

• Frogger: Help the animated amphibians find their way home, navigating frog flattening road crossing and hazardous waterways with Arcade1Up and Konami’s Frogger. Games included: Frogger and Time Pilot.
  • Golden Axe: Venture through a medieval fantasy world in search of the legendary Golden Axe. This Side-scrolling beat ’em up arcade machine game comes with additional games such as: Golden Axe, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Wrestle Wars, and Death Adder.
  • Atari Star Wars™ Sit-down VersionArcade1Up adds a new form factor to enjoy the Star Wars saga. The Arcade1Up sit-down version comes with a bench that seamlessly slides around the 4ft machine giving it cockpit-like feel while navigating the flight yoke. Games include: Star Wars™, Empire Strikes Back™ and Return of the Jedi™.

With the success of the 3/4 scale arcade cabinets Arcade1up is also going to be releasing some new form factors, like handheld devices, plug and play controllers, at-home Jumbo Joysticks, and more. Partners include but are not limited to: Disney, Namco, ColecoVision, Intellivision, Commodore 64, Atari, and more.

later

The Arcade 1Up representative said he didn't want to give a ballpark price for the pinball machines, but then provided the following ballpark price range: $450 - 650. So the backglass image is permanent but there is an 8" LCD in place for the DMD. It might look a little vertically-stretched right now... I assume they'll get that dialed in a bit before launch? Two designs - one is Attack from Mars with a collection of 10 Williams/Bally tables (I didn't catch which ones they are aside from the title one) and the other design is sort of a generalized Star Wars design with old and new characters. Not sure what tables will be on that one.

Edited by Zoyous

7 hours ago, Zoyous said:

The Arcade 1Up representative said he didn't want to give a ballpark price for the pinball machines, but then provided the following ballpark price range: $450 - 650. So the backglass image is permanent but there is an 8" LCD in place for the DMD. It might look a little vertically-stretched right now... I assume they'll get that dialed in a bit before launch? Two designs - one is Attack from Mars with a collection of 10 Williams/Bally tables (I didn't catch which ones they are aside from the title one) and the other design is sort of a generalized Star Wars design with old and new characters. Not sure what tables will be on that one.

They teamed up with Zen, so you can pretty much expect the Williams tables they have already released on other platforms (PS4, Xbox One, etc). Same goes for the Star Wars tables.

17 hours ago, Austin said:

They teamed up with Zen, so you can pretty much expect the Williams tables they have already released on other platforms (PS4, Xbox One, etc). Same goes for the Star Wars tables.

There's still quite a lot of them, and they still have to license the particular titles.

That's not really narrowing it down.

later

On 12/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, Vrock said:

Being able to use the power switch on the deck is a nice feature.

I replaced my deck with this one: https://www.diyretroarcade.com/index.php/skinned-galaga-replacement-60-in-1-control-deck-for-arcade1up-with-trackball-mount.html

Not exactly cheap but it's well made (solid wood and graphics that won't wear away), plus it saved me the hassle of drilling out a hole for a trackball.

So now that I added a third action button to mine, I emailed these guys for a quote for that same Galaga control panel you have there, but with two additional oblong holes near the top, sized for the original Arcade1Up power and volume switches, since I still used them on mine.

After 4 emails back and forth, the guy who runs the site told me he wasn't interested in doing the work, made excuses that it would "mess up the art" (even though I told him I didn't care about switch placement) and he complained that I opened "two tickets for the same issue" when all I did was submit one question through their website portal, and responded to the email replies he sent me. I never submitted a second ticket.

Their products look nice, but customer service is sorely lacking over there.

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

So now that I added a third action button to mine, I emailed these guys for a quote for that same Galaga control panel you have there, but with two additional oblong holes near the top, sized for the original Arcade1Up power and volume switches, since I still used them on mine.

After 4 emails back and forth, the guy who runs the site told me he wasn't interested in doing the work, made excuses that it would "mess up the art" (even though I told him I didn't care about switch placement) and he complained that I opened "two tickets for the same issue" when all I did was submit one question through their website portal, and responded to the email replies he sent me. I never submitted a second ticket.

Their products look nice, but customer service is sorely lacking over there.

That's too bad. His loss.

7 hours ago, Vrock said:

Does anyone else think that the four player control decks just don't look right on these 3/4 sized cabs?

I do agree to an extent.  In the case of GA: TRODA, it's a bit of the worst of all worlds for me personally.  I won't be playing 4 players (2 probably, but don't need all four), so the panel takes up additional space...but the monitor is still 3/4 size so it's smaller than I would like. 

On the other hand...

The artistic choices and colors they've got here are super duper nice, both for NBA Jam and for GA.  If only they'd included Streets of Rage 2 instead of Wrestle War on the Sega cab... ;)

I think I'm still in for GA, though, unless I lose my mind and finally go for a full size cabinet from someplace.  But the A1up Showing at CES with Golden Axe / Altered Beast, Frogger / Time Pilot, and the Pac-Man 40th w/ Galaga?  And NBA Jam?  I'm starting to think about getting a 3/4 size arcade together in my basement instead.  

9 hours ago, negative1 said:

There's still quite a lot of them, and they still have to license the particular titles.

That's not really narrowing it down.

later

You're right, there are more available now than I anticipated, with the latest Williams pack being released in December. Still, we can be confident there won't be any surprises (i.e., brand new tables not available in Zen's current table packs), and that was mostly my point.

This is the current list of Williams tables Zen has made for anyone curious as to what may be included on this machine:

Attack From Mars
Black Rose
Champion Pub
Cirqus Voltaire
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Fish Tales
Getaway: High Speed II
Hurricane
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness

Monster Bash

No Good Gofers