IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

6 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

What I don't get is why the Frogger cab only has 3 games,  instead of 4, and not including Gyruss, or Vanguard. Both of those were popular, are vertical cab games, and of the same classic era - but not necessarily popular enough to warrant their own cab. 

Gyruss might have worked, but Vanguard is from Centuri, SNK - so there's no way that would ever be included.

Frogger never had another arcade sequel, so there really wasn't anything else to add.

later

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Gyruss, Amidar, Pooyan, super Cobra, Scamble, Rush"n Attack, 

amidar is not very well known

pooyan would have worked well with the animal theme

super cobra, scRamble also would do

rush'n attack is a horizontal game, so probably not.

later

Edited by negative1

11 hours ago, Vrock said:

Contra is a vertical game and Konami, like Frogger.

It doesn't really go with the "theme", but could have easily been done.

You are the first person to mention Contra arcade, most people don't care for it,

and prefer the console version.

It's easy to name of titles, but if there's no interest, or historical significance,

whats the point of pursuing the licensing for it.

later

Huge clearance going on at some Walmarts, just like every other Arcade1Up markdown.  People are blowing this out of proportion.  Honestly, running out to save a few bucks on an arcade game and run the risk of getting infected or infecting someone else is just pure stupidity in my opinion.

8 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Huge clearance going on at some Walmarts, just like every other Arcade1Up markdown.  People are blowing this out of proportion.  Honestly, running out to save a few bucks on an arcade game and run the risk of getting infected or infecting someone else is just pure stupidity in my opinion.

Why is it a risk? People are going out everyday to do their jobs (if they are essential), and get groceries.

It's not 'a few' bucks, its a huge difference, down from $499,or $399 down to $50.

This is no different, if you take precautions, and happen to be there. 

later

Edited by negative1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:27 PM, negative1 said:

You are the first person to mention Contra arcade, most people don't care for it,

and prefer the console version.

It's easy to name of titles, but if there's no interest, or historical significance,

whats the point of pursuing the licensing for it.

later

This is nonsense.

I left Contra off my list of games to include with the Frogger cab exactly because of how popular it was. If ARcade1Up were to include it as a title, it would be it's own dedicated cab. Contra was massively popular in the arcade.

I have no idea what you're talking about claiming most peopel don't care for it and that there's no interest or historical significance. That's just not true at all.

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

Why is it a risk? People are going out everyday to do their jobs (if they are essential), and get groceries.

It's not 'a few' bucks, its a huge difference, down from $499,or $399 down to $50.

This is no different, if you take precautions, and happen to be there. 

later

It's a risk because Walmart is a dump, the people who work there don't care, the people who shop there care even less, most of them aren't wearing masks and gloves, and a lot of them still think it's a "hoax".

Walmart is one step below any hospital ER right now as far as how dangerous it is.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Looks like they just took the normal Arcade1up Star Wars (sans riser), and put a bench next to it... 

Correct; its moveable & removable, and they plan to also offer the bench only as an accessory.

Well, I was hoping that they might get their pinball tables out by Father's Day, but it was doubtful even before all this other stuff happened. And I haven't heard a peep since the early events in January and February, so... Hopefully they'll still be on track for holiday 2020!

looks like arcade 1up is getting ready to sell lighted marquees for $80 through their site:

=============

https://arcade1up.com/collections/marquee

pac-man lighted

PAC-MAN™ LIGHT UP MARQUEE

$79.99

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING on this product!

Glow in the light of glory with your own official, licensor approved, light up marquee!

5" H x 17-3/4" W x 1-7/8" D

A1Up_PacMan_Marquee_LightUp_600x.jpg?v=1

Arcade_1UP_Marquee_GoldenTee_Back_58ebfd

Arcade_1UP_Marquee_GoldenTee_Side_4d8aff

later

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 8:46 AM, negative1 said:

preorder is here:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Arcade-With-Bench-Seat-Arcade1Up/248851348

5cef82b2-d250-4b9d-8da1-220cc9feb032_1.0

98039ee9-e753-4197-9a0c-9ddf10971ce8_1.2

the empire strikes back marquee is probably just an early prototype.

later

I like the bench seat a LOT... but unfortunately can't really use it since I not only put the riser on mine, but followed the instructions which had me screwing the riser into the cab with forced drilling.  So doesn't seem like even if they offer the bench seat by itself like it will work for cabs with the risers on them, at least not extremely cleanly and easily.