IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

9 hours ago, negative1 said:

looks like arcade 1up is getting ready to sell lighted marquees for $80 through their site:

=============

https://arcade1up.com/collections/marquee

pac-man lighted

PAC-MAN™ LIGHT UP MARQUEE

$79.99

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING on this product!

Glow in the light of glory with your own official, licensor approved, light up marquee!

5" H x 17-3/4" W x 1-7/8" D

A1Up_PacMan_Marquee_LightUp_600x.jpg?v=1

Arcade_1UP_Marquee_GoldenTee_Back_58ebfd

Arcade_1UP_Marquee_GoldenTee_Side_4d8aff

later

$80 is way too much for these. The average price on the independent mod market is $50, and they are super high quality lexan. 

the whole bait and switch these guys are pulling by rolling the shipping costs into the total, and then claiming they are offering "free shipping" is garbage. They jacked up the deck protectors to $25 from $12.99 originally, after everyone complained about the $12 shipping charge.

7 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

$80 is way too much for these. The average price on the independent mod market is $50, and they are super high quality lexan. 

the whole bait and switch these guys are pulling by rolling the shipping costs into the total, and then claiming they are offering "free shipping" is garbage. They jacked up the deck protectors to $25 from $12.99 originally, after everyone complained about the $12 shipping charge.

maybe for you, or maybe if you buy 10 of them.

for people buying 1 or 2, its perfectly fine.

later

While I dig the light up marquee on my Marvel LE cab, $80 is a little steep for me.  If they were $25 - $35 price point, maybe.  But I'd really have to be motivated to take my cab apart to swap one of these in, and it would have to be a special cab (like Asteroids Deluxe, which they don't have).  We also don't know if these are made to fit on the gen 1 / gen 2 cabs (although if they don't, what the hell are they meant for?).  A member on Facebook bought up the Golden Tee light ups when they were first sold, and said he had to cut the H panel for these to fit.  So yeah $80 and I've got to cut my cab?  Not happening.  We'll have to wait and see what 1Up says.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:31 PM, 128Kgames said:

While I dig the light up marquee on my Marvel LE cab, $80 is a little steep for me.  If they were $25 - $35 price point, maybe.  But I'd really have to be motivated to take my cab apart to swap one of these in, and it would have to be a special cab (like Asteroids Deluxe, which they don't have).  We also don't know if these are made to fit on the gen 1 / gen 2 cabs (although if they don't, what the hell are they meant for?).  A member on Facebook bought up the Golden Tee light ups when they were first sold, and said he had to cut the H panel for these to fit.  So yeah $80 and I've got to cut my cab?  Not happening.  We'll have to wait and see what 1Up says.

Meanwhile, the $50 ones from Arcade Game Factory require no cutting, are made of high quality solid clear lexan, Use the original hardware, and fit perfectly. 

and they're $50. And if you want to change the graphics, you can, easily. 

On 5/2/2020 at 10:51 AM, negative1 said:

Pulled the trigger on this deal, arrives Thursday or Friday. 

By me, Walmart stores haven't had Star Wars in store for months, so no $50 Star Wars deals are happening (plus, I've already stated how I feel about hunting around for these in person). BrandsMart sells them on sale every so often for $350 with no tax but you have to pay shipping, and they don't ship more than 300 miles from the closest store.  I believe there was a deal at Gamestop at one point but I don't think it was cheaper than $350. 

I figure with the robot going for almost $90 at Walmart and $100 or more elsewhere, I can always sell it if my Son doesn't want it.  For the buyer and for Walmart I think this deal is a win-win. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Pulled the trigger on this deal, arrives Thursday or Friday. 

By me, Walmart stores haven't had Star Wars in store for months, so no $50 Star Wars deals are happening (plus, I've already stated how I feel about hunting around for these in person). BrandsMart sells them on sale every so often for $350 with no tax but you have to pay shipping, and they don't ship more than 300 miles from the closest store.  I believe there was a deal at Gamestop at one point but I don't think it was cheaper than $350. 

I figure with the robot going for almost $90 at Walmart and $100 or more elsewhere, I can always sell it if my Son doesn't want it.  For the buyer and for Walmart I think this deal is a win-win. 

Congrutualations, glad you got a good deal.

Something to look forward to, during this time.

later

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, Vrock said:

What is the point of the "robot"?

Set it alongside you while playing the Star Wars video game, and pretend you actually have a buddy!   ?

Kidding aside, the companies probably just got together to promote and "give away" such a thing (robot probably not moving real well) that has a higher gross margin. More fun and profitable to do that, than actually take the full $100 off of the Arcade 1up machine. For now anyway. Perceived value and that whole chestnut. ha 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vrock said:

Ah, so it has nothing to do with the game. Seems like an odd bundle, but good for the people who want both I gueaa.

Well it's $250 for the cab with a $100 robot, so there's that.  So people can always sell the robot and pocket $100.  If I keep it, it can hang out with my interactive R2D2 and patrol my family room.

So does it have the scanning option, or no?

If so, I hope it's a better implementation than the one on the Star Wars machine. It just doesn't look right. It looks like a broken CRT vs a working CRT...which I guess is realistic after all if you can find a real ROTJ machine in the wild. :)

11 hours ago, negative1 said:

The shipments for the Pac-Man 40th are starting to go out.

Here's one person that got it:

later

Riser should have had black in front, woodgrain on sides, or woodgrain all around.  Doesn't blend in well as is.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, Vrock said:

So does it have the scanning option, or no?

If so, I hope it's a better implementation than the one on the Star Wars machine. It just doesn't look right. It looks like a broken CRT vs a working CRT...which I guess is realistic after all if you can find a real ROTJ machine in the wild. :)

I think only some of the newer ones will have scanline options, like NBA Jam,

none of the other ones have them.

later

Soooooooooo I bought the Atari 12-1 way back, and got a Rampage to mod. Modded the Rampage, gave it to a good friend and his kids. Kind of fell out of the scene after that as I got a "realer" machine. Still play the 12-in-1 tho....I like Lunar Lander way more than I ever thought I would

Anyway I was looking at the 12-in-1 thinking I'd finally replace the trackball and spinner (did buttons already)...did these things somehow become valuable/desired??? In googling to find parts I see lots of people hunting for them, and some crazy (asking)prices. Huh?

Seems the 12 in 1 has become quite the unicorn aka great white buffalo.  Apparently its become htf for a while now.  Glen Planamento GRS trackball & spinner are basically plug and play for that cab if you're still deciding.  

• Like 1